The Borgen Project Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Borgen Project

2.3

Journalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Borgen Project (Salisbury, NC).

Interview

The interview with the Borgen project was a very easy process done via Skype telephone. After submitting writing samples to their satisfaction I was asked to do a writing skills test that measures your journalist talents. After passing this test I was asked to schedule a Skype interview. My manager was very nice, and easy going. She mainly asked how I describe global poverty and what I know and also hat I knew about The Borgen Project and if I had fundraising experience. Long as you do your research you will succeed in an offer. They were quick to respond after the closing of the interview. I received an email with a lot of training info he next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have fundraising experience? If so, how successful? How do you plan to raise money for this internship?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Borgen Project (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Standard interview process. Virtual position, so over the phone via Skype. As long as you know a bit about the company and are genuinely interested in working for a non-profit, you'll be fine. Have an answer to why you want to work for the organization and why you're qualified to do so.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Borgen Project (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Emailed about the internship position, sent in resume and cover letter... one week later they contacted me to set up a very brief and easy skype interview. Positive experience overall! Although they didn't provide much training after I was accepted as an interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

Easy interview. Make sure to know basic about the borgen project. They want people with fundraising experience, regardless of which internship you apply for. The interview was taken over Skype interviewer asked me about writing experience and interest in poverty alleviation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Borgen Project in December 2017.

Interview

All the questions were found on Glassdoor, lots about the quiz they sent prior to call. Didn't take the position but was offered because it seemed like a lot of work for an unpaid position. Lots of cold calling it sounds.

Interview Questions

• Everyone posted on Glassdoor was asked during the interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Borgen Project in August 2013.

Interview

The whole hiring process was very quick. A few days after I submitted my application, I had a phone interview with an intern. They asked some pretty basic questions about my interest in international development and my experience in the field. About a week later I had a one on one with the Director. The questions were pretty much the same.

Interview Questions

• What is interest in development? Past experience? Etc. Pretty typical questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Borgen Project.

Interview

I applied for this via a third party website, all I had to do was click "apply." Easy enough! They got back to me and asked for writing samples, which I sent, and then they requested that I do a skills test and if I did well there I would receive a phone interview. The process seemed rigorous which was encouraging, but ultimately I chose not to take the skills test after looking at some not so positive reviews from other interns.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Borgen Project.

Interview

The interview was very easy. First you fill out a quiz with questions about the company and send it back to them. If they're impressed they schedule you for a phone interview. They ask you a few questions and then say they'll get back to you. It lasted about 6 minutes total.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Borgen Project in November 2016.

Interview

I completed a short free response examination prior to my Skype interview. A few days after I submitted it I received an invitation for a Skype interview for the next week. The interview was only 5 minutes long and they asked very basic questions. I received an offer but did not take it. Also, they ask their interns to fundraise at least $500 or else the internship will be marked incomplete so keep this in mind if you're considering applying/accepting their offer.

Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Borgen Project (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved sending my resume/cover letter, answering 10 questions about the organization, and an interview on Skype. It was positive and brief. After sending your resume, you will have one week to finish the questions they give. The questions are all open-book on the website. The interview was on Skype, and they did not show their face, but you may. The interview only took 10 minutes for me, even though they said it was a 30-minute appointment.