The Children's Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Children's Center Interview Questions

Interviews at The Children's Center

Mental Health Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Center (Detroit, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

I arrived early and was asked to wait until all parties were assembled in the interview room. I had a panel interview with about 4 supervisors, who took turns asking questions about my experience. The supervisors also shared some information on the specifications and expectations of the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any evidenced based practices?   1 Answer

Assistant Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Center (Detroit, MI).

Interview

. The interview process was less than an hour. I was asked questions about my prior knowledge working with children. I was a panel discussion with two interviewers asking various questions.

Interview Questions

• During the interview you are met by current admin. staff and asked a series of questions in regards to your knowledge of High Scope. You were also asked if you had previous experience working with Head Start age children   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Center (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

It was well planned and involved 4 other individuals from the department. They asked standard interview questions and were very friendly and informative. I really liked the working environment, and the offer was very competitive. I would highly recommend this organization.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of where you and a co-worker disagreed and how you worked it out.   Answer Question

Home Based Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Children's Center (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Panel interview, it was question and answer style. Questions were fairly easy, asked about clinical experience and gave a few scenarios. I do believe they have added a writing portion to the interview recently.

Intake Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Center (Detroit, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

A Group of hiring agents take turns asking a series of questions and throughout the interview you may interject a questions or engage in elaboration of a previous question or comment.The interviewers appeared bored and scripted and the interviewing room felt a bit claustrophobic, but overall, a very relaxed interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your organizational and documentation style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Center.

Interview

I applied for the behavior technician position online. I had limited experience in ABA at the time. Within a week I was contacted for an in person interview. The interview occurred in a casual environment with three managers from the ASD department. The focus was on ability to work in fast paced and difficult environments, as well as knowledge of ASD.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is a common misconception about autism?   Answer Question

Assistant Social Work Child Welfare Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Center (Detroit, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

If offered an interview run for your life. I had an interview with the HR staff one interviewer was a manager and they were very mean and cold. As soon as I walked in the energy was off like they didn't want to even interview me. The interview didn't even start off with getting to know my background but I was asked all stress negative questions. I guess they try to do a stress test type of interview but for this to be a place for children you would think it would be a warmer welcome and environment. My son comes here and I'm thinking about discontinuing his services because if HR is this mean and cold just imagine how the employees feel. I do not recommend and someone needs to blow a whistle on their operations. No wonder their turnover rate is extremely high. I should have walked out the interview wish I didn't put myself through pure hell.

Interview Questions

• The interview started of so horrible and cold who would want to remember that.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Children's Center.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. They asked several standard interview questions. The interview was very detailed and thorough. The panel that conducted the interview were very professional and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress? And what techniques do you use?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Center (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I applied on Indeed and got an email from one of their recruiters. I interviewed with 3 people. The office manager, the medical director, and one of the psychiatrists. They all took turns asking me question related to the position. Kind of an intimidating vibe but I got through it.