The Daily Promotion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Daily Promotion

2.3

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Daily Promotion (South Salt Lake, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. The initial phone call asked very minimal questions and set up a job interview where they said the answers to additional questions could be answered. The job was entry level and with a management training. I asked a lot of questions about the job and they answered honestly and also gave an example of their clients.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Daily Promotion (Murray, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

It felt like a cattle herd. They have someone coming every 15 min. It is a two person office, one person is on the phone making calls the entire time (repeating the EXACT same script she repeated to you on the phone) and the other is in the office interviewing.

It was NOT what I was expecting at all. The interview was poor. They used the lame canned questions you prepped with in High School for interviews. This is a job for someone fresh out of high school, not someone with experience and a degree.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to humble yourself to get something you wanted.   Answer Question

The Daily Promotion Response

Aug 29, 2016 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback about our interview process. Our interview process consists of three one-on-one interviews in order for our applicants to get an accurate feel for our company and clients... More

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Daily Promotion (Murray, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

The company website and job listing were a complete misrepresentation (event coordinator is actually a direct sales rep at big box stores). The manager was a horrible communicator and had a very difficult time answering questions about what the job actually entailed. She followed a generic list of interview questions that she was insistent on asking and crossing off her list. Because she felt the need to stick to an unnecessary script in addition to my asking a lot of questions about the company and the job, my interview lasted 45 minutes and put her behind schedule, as there were six other interviewees in the waiting room when I left. I got a call back for a second interview, but was horrified by the structure and deceit of the company that I chose not to return.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Daily Promotion (Murray, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

it was terrible. You feel like you are in a cattle herd. The moment you come in, you are handed a piece of paper to fill out ( same info you have already given them) you are sitting in a small room with a girl constantly calling other candidates, using the exact same verbiage she did with you. They call EVERYONE who applies, want you to come in for interview next day.

This is a MINIMUM WAGE job, good for highschool grads, maybe. It was just bad.

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Daily Promotion (Murray, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Tiny office space ran by two people, there were a lot of us there at one time applying for the same job, they would take one person at a time to interview which only lasted five minutes. I started to become very suspicious.

My interview was very quick. Didn't even look over my resume when I handed it to her. She was very vague through the whole interview and kept talking about these "events" you would be in charge of. When I thought I applied for an assistant position? Yeah, that was a total lie. I even asked what an average day would be like, she still didn't give me a direct answer. They tell you, you can move up in the company fast and be promoted really quick, she talked up the job a lot. But I quickly realized what this job really was...

When I got a call back telling me I'm offered to come back for the second round of interviews, I finally asked her, "Would I be the person in Sam's club selling products and giving out samples?" To which she answered "yes." Not something I was hoping for after graduating college. Don't be fooled by the job posting, telling you it's a management position, full time and salary. I totally fell for it and wish I looked into the company more before I went for an interview.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Daily Promotion (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I went through three interviews, the second being an on-site interview where I watched part of a sales promotion they did in a Smith's store and the other two being in-office interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were really motivated to do something and how you did it.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Daily Promotion (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

They asked questions about my motivation for joining and what I can add to the company. It definitely seemed as though they wanted you to start off in a more basic position. After you gained experience with them, they seemed as though they would be willing to promote you.

Interview Questions

• What can you provide that other applicants cannot provide?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Daily Promotion.

Interview

First of all, my application was a mistake, but they called almost immediately after my accidental submission, which I give them kudos for. The initial phone call was brief and not very informative. I was asked about some of my background qualifications. Then I was asked to come in for an interview and I could ask the hiring manager any question I had. That was disconcerting because I had what I felt would be legitimate questions that were put off. I pointedly asked about salary which was deflected. I asked about the job itself - it too was deflected. Again, everything I asked was not answered directly. I have a problem with a company who asks me to be up front about my qualifications but does not address my questions when asked. Needless to say, the interview I did have, I canceled. Oddly enough, after I sent the email and my interview time passed, I still received an email saying that I had missed my interview. I wrote back retelling them why I decided against the job.

Marketing and Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Daily Promotion (Murray, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very, very fast. There's a phone screen first, and on the phone screen, they tell you that they're wrapping up the interview process the next day to get you to come into the first 1:1 interview the following day. If you pass the first interview, they have you go to a second interview the next day at one of their events, to get a hands-on feel for it, and if you pass the second one, the third interview (another 1:1) is the day after that. All-in-all, from the phone screen to the final interview is 4 days. They also want to you to start as soon as possible (the first business day of the following week, preferably).

Compensation is minimum wage with a potential for 18% of sales if you sell more than 7.25/hour. This is NOT commission. This is either/or. They make it seem like it's easy to make 14/hour but you don't control what you sell or where, so the pay isn't something you have much control over. It's entirely dependent on location and product. You also do not qualify for benefits until you hit the executive level of management, which is at least 9 months down the road.

This is a good position for a high school graduate or a recent college grad with no relevant work experience. A career professional with 3+ years of experience and a Bachelor's degree should NOT apply unless you have savings to hold you through the 9 months of training to become an executive, when you'll finally (hopefully) be making a sustainable income.

Advice to management: If you want to hire highly-qualified people, compensate them appropriately. Minimum wage is not a good enticement to accept a position, particularly when benefits take so long to get. You're a sales/promotional company. You know how to sell products to consumers. You should know how to sell your company to potential employees.

Also, be honest in the phone screenings. If you're interviewing for the next week or two, don't tell applicants you're wrapping it up the next day. It makes potential employees think that you have to lie in order to get people to work for you, which isn't a good image for a small business to have.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the other applicants?   Answer Question
    • We're looking for someone with a positive outlook, student mentality, and energetic. Which of these traits do you exemplify best and why/how?   Answer Question

Event Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Daily Promotion (Murray, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

1 v 1 your normal interview at first, then on site for an actual view of how things are done then finally back at the office for a third and final interview

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in this job, are you self motivated and willing to work hard   Answer Question