The Flyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Flyer Interview Questions

Interviews at The Flyer

2.0

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Flyer in July 2016.

Interview

Met with Regional Manager a few times, as well as the VP, for the final interview. Interviews were pleasant, and they provided a good overview as far as the company.

Interview Questions

Interview

First before going in you will complete a personality test. If your results match to the best personalities for the role, you will get a call to set up an in person interview. The day of the interview you will get to the office and complete another test on your critical thinking and math skills. This test only takes ten minutes and isn't anything too crazy. Once you complete the test you will go with a manager and the director and just have a normal interview with usual interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit at this position?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Flyer (Miami, FL).

Interview

Very easy. I applied online. I received a call. I showed up. After being harassed by the front receptionist for my "nice suit", "nice smile", etc. I pretended to not speak Spanish with the receptionist to see if she left me alone. She began calling her female co-worker friends to come down to "check me out".
    Besides that. The interview with the sales manager and director was easy. Just smiled and answered some pretty standard questions about prior sales experiences. Nothing unusual. I was offered the job about 10 minutes after I left the interview. I got a call asking me when I could start.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about soliciting new business?
      What are you strengths and weaknesses?
      Why do you want to work here? Why us instead of the larger newspaper and other magazines?   Answer Question

Sales Support/Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at The Flyer (Clearwater, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

Worked for a temp agency and they hired me because I was doing a great job and getting tasks done quickly, professional attitude, the staff was easy to get along with. Managers were wonderful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was great. I told them I had another offer but they wanted me to stay. So I took the position. The offer they had was what I was looking for. They fired the Office Manager for to many times being absent. That's when I took over the Office Manager position as well as the Sales Support staff. I was responsible for purchasing office supplies, monthly office safety recording, daily collection of payments, updating weekly spreadsheets, implementing a recycle bin from the city of Large for the discarded weekly publishing magazines, documented time sheets, answering of phones, attending to customers that would come to the office to make payments. I worked here from 2/27/2006- 7/31/2010. I was laid off due to the office was closing.