The Mind Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Mind Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Mind

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Mind in November 2015.

Interview

After submitting a cover letter and resume via my college's job posting site, I received a note that I could go through the first round of the interview process. This was an online GRE-type math assessment. After passing that, I had a call with a current consultant, who asked me a market sizing question and then talked about the company/answered my questions.

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Mind.

Interview

After initial CV screening and online test hear back from them after a months time. Was invited for a first round market sizing question (fairly basic). Heard back from them within a short period that I had progressed to next round (HR interview). Post HR interview was once again called back for first round case interview. Post first case interview, I was invited for the second/final case interview round.
    However, on the scheduled date I was informed my interview had been postponed and i would be notified for the next available date. I never heard back from the HR after that.
    Tried to reach out via multiple modes of communication, but I never received a reply.
    This is tad unprofessional for a consulting firm trying to position itself competitively. At the very least, if they did not want to conduct further interviews, they should inform the candidate despite repeated attempts to reach out to them.
    Though I must mention the interviewers I interacted with during my interview process were wonderful and made me feel at ease while interviewing.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mind (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in February 2016.

Interview

Straightforward - After sending my application letter, I got an GRE/GMAT-like test and passed. The questions were about analysing graphs and basic mathematical calculations with a time limit. After that, I got an interview with a consultant. They ask for a market sizing question; not too difficult.

After that, unfortunately, the company never communicated the results or replied to questions. For a consultancy company, considering its people-dependency nature, it is really atrocious to not have any relationship management.

Interview Questions

• GRE/GMAT-like questions - After that a market sizing question   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mind.

Interview

Applied for a position at the Buenos Aires office, and received an email perhaps 3 weeks after my application informing me that I have a phone interview including a brainteaser question. I solved it correctly (with a little calculation error) but didn't get to the next stage - which would have been case interviews. The ambiance of the company seems very interesting, young, international etc.

Interview Questions

• My brain teaser was about calculating the number of shampoo bottles used in a hotel in Buenos AIres - and then how many boxes of this latter quantity is required to build a 60 meter tower.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mind (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in February 2014.

Interview

Sent out my resume and a very unorthodox, long cover letter after seeing the position on a consulting forum. Was contacted about two months later. All interviews were conducted via Skype.

1. Senior Consultant, simple estimation brainteaser. General questions about me as a person and why I'd want to join the Mind Company. (30-40 minutes)

2. Manager, again fairly simple declining profits case with an excel sheet providing data. If you have your frameworks down this shouldn't be a problem. Same questions about reasons for applying and my personality. (30-40 minutes)

3. HR Manager Interview, quite long interview about strengths, weaknesses, accomplishments and very in-depth about willingness and compatibility to move to Argentina. (1 hour)

4. Final Interview with Partner, again a simple case about market entry, including market sizing and strategy gauging and the old questions about reasons for applying and CV background (only 20-30 minutes)

Overall the people conveyed a young and friendly culture. However, after the interview process communication lacked and it all turned out very unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• In the late 1990s, should a DVD rental company (delivering the DVDs) start operations in Manhattan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mind (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in February 2014.

Interview

Set up an online interview over Skype. The position was in Buenos Aires Argentina. The interview was done by one of the consultants. He initially asked what I was interested in the position but did not seem too interested in the answer. The main point of the interview was a brain teaser question.

Interview Questions

• How many boxes of ketchup packets does McDonald sell per month.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Mind (Buenos Aires (Argentina)).

Interview

I interviewed in 2013. From first interview to decision took 4 weeks. Each interview after the 1st round was about 1 hour long, and they all took place over Skype.

1st Round: Was asked to estimate the number of shampoo bottles used in the Buenos Aires Hilton. As a follow up how many wheelbarrows could these fill up.

2nd round: Case with Senior Consultant about a commodity and how a mining company should react to changing profit margins. Slightly tricky since this one required doing the Business Situation framework first -to understand how commodities market in general and this commodity in particular act- before the profitability framework.

3rd round: Interview with HR partner to gauge fit.

4th round: Case with the Director about gauging business plan for a DVD rental company in NYC way back in the '80s. Market sizing, understanding what factors could affect demand, and some simple math.

Interview Questions

• Case with Senior Consultant about a commodity and how a mining company should react to changing profit margins.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Mind (Buenos Aires (Argentina)).

Interview

Brain Teaser followed by a case study, followed by a typical behavioral interview and then finished with another case study

Interview Questions

• Estimate the boxes of shampoo the hilton hotel in buenos aires would us in one month   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Mind (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for this position in early January after which I got a response in about 2 weeks asking to continue in the recruitment process. About a month went by with no communication from the company. I followed up again and definitively scheduled the first "brainteaser" interview. A week later I was notified that I passed into the second round of interviews which the company wanted to hold that week. I obliged and had a fit interview and case interview on the same day with different people.

Interview Questions

• Typical brainteaser questions that you can find online   Answer Question
    • Case Interview: arithmetic tests, market sizing, marketing entry   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mind (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in September 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 Case Interviews with Managers and 2 Experience interviews: one with the HR manager and one with a Partner.

Cases had an international focus and consisted of Market Sizings to asses attractiveness and I was asked to make recommendations.

Experience interview was pretty standard, and additionally included questions about willingness to move to Argentina etc.

Interview Questions

• How many wheelbarrows could you fill with the coins necessary to build a single tower of coins the height of the Obelisco.   Answer Question