The Newport Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Newport Group

Admin Interview

Anonymous Employee in Encinitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Newport Group (Encinitas, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

It was really simple. I applied online then got a call back a few days later and we set up an in person interview for the following Tuesday. That consisted mostly of filling out paperwork and maybe a 20 minute interview. Everybody was really nice and I didn't get any off the wall questions or anything. I got a call with a job offer maybe four days after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience, why I was applyinng for the job, what I would bring to the team, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encinitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Newport Group (Encinitas, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

3 in-person interviews over the course of 3 months. Never offered a position nor had a structured interview process.

1st 90 minute in-person interview with John (CEO) and 2 other managers who previously didn't know about the interview. After I emailed a thank you note, John told me to call twice and then never picked up nor directly responded to the status for a position.

3 weeks later - 75 minute in-person interviewer with David James. Went well. After, I took a 1-hour online test for job fit. Never heard back about results.

1 month later - 3rd in-person interview. 1 hour interview with a department head. Then a 20 minute interview with another department head. Then a 10 minute interview with John where he asked me the same questions he didn't remember my answers to from the 1st interview. Told me at the end that there wasn't a position available, but I should call back the next week or before I accepted another position.

Awful, awful time-consuming and inconsiderate process with no conclusion.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will do here (for the job)? I was asked this 4 times by 3 different people.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encinitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Newport Group (Encinitas, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The internal recruiter prepares you pretty well for each person you speak to. After a couple phone interviews was invited to meet three employees for an in person interview, including the CEO.

Director, Practice Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Encinitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Newport Group (Encinitas, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

What you'd expect from professionals who advise others continuously to hire wisely by following their trademarked SMART search process. Several hours of wide ranging initial phone screening and subsequent face-to-face meetings with Director of Team Building, Executive Vice President and General Manager, and President. Total of 7 hours of discussion prior to offer and acceptance.

Interview Questions

• In depth inquiry into what and how I did what I claimed on my resume. The who, what and why of the choices I'd made with prior employment changes. What was I great at? Why did I want to be an executive search professional?   1 Answer

BOLI Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied for the position through LinkedIn. After a few days, I received an email from a manager asking me if I'd like to come in for an interview.

The interview itself was very straight forward. I had four interviewers; a client relationship manager, two account managers, and a senior level manager. I felt like the interview was more of a conversation then a test. This eased my nerves and allowed me to truly explain my experience and potential.

Before the interview ended, they thanked me for coming in and told me they would be in touch. Almost a week later I received a phone call with an informal offer. The manager sounded excited for me to start and told me that HR would contact me the following day.

After I spoke with HR, I filled out the background check forms with HireRight. They whole process took a week. After everything was settled, I chose a start start date and was sent an employee manual via email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was pretty simple. I replied with a structured email outlining my experience, my need to relocate, etc.

Received a response a day later and they were able to meet me over half way as far as compensation goes.

Overall, a good experience.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Newport Group in January 2019.

Interview

I found the job posting online and applied shortly after. A few days later I received a call saying they were interested in my resume and wanted to set up an interview time for the next week. when I went into the offices i spent most of the time filling out paperwork then talked with someone for maybe ten or fifteen minutes, who was pleasant and asked me a few questions to get to know me. Overall the interview process was fairly standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your long term career goals. What will you bring to the team? What are you looking to achieve professionally?   Answer Question