The Pantry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Pantry Interview Questions

2.1

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Pantry (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I met with several DMs. Discussed inventory, and cash control, as well as, labor and other budget issues. I also met with the division director and regional vice president - had lunch - all went well - not high pressure like some interviews.

Associate Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hardeeville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Pantry (Hardeeville, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

5 minute interview asking if i was available to work any and all shifts. Quick process, done in a small office, which made me claustrophobic, with just myself and the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• What hours are available to work?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Pantry.

Interview

All the applications are submitted on UltiPro. You have to pass the attached assessment to be seen in the system. The MGR will pull the app and call for an interview. The interview is a structured interview. Everyone is asked the same questions unless the MGR decides to ask their own questions. If you are chosen to be hired you will be made an offer. The offer is emailed to you then the background check is started.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength/weakness?   1 Answer

Fuels Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Pantry (Cary, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

4 step process. Phone with Recruiter, Phone with hiring Manager, In Person with hiring Manager and team, In person with VP. They were pretty straight forward and straight to the point.

Director of Sales and Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Pantry (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard interview process. The interview at all levels - analyst through officer. They did have a very intense IQ and word association tests. While they where very time intensive, they provided a full break down of your results once hired.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to fire someone.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you were in conflict with your boss's opinion   1 Answer

Lead Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Pantry (Gainesville, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Put through application via kangaroocareers.com for just about every management position they had at every store I'd be willing to work at. You only have to fill it out once, then just reclick through the pages for the others. Get emailed an assessment-- make sure to pass the assessment. It's not a percentage grade, it's rated in sections (customer service, sales skills, etc) by red, yellow, or green. They can't hire you if you get a red. Got a call for an interview about a week later, scheduled for the next day. It was a pretty relaxing interview. The people were cool. Just basically, can you work 40 hours? are you in school? are you capable of relatively simple math and counting cash? computer skills? food/management experience? smoking cigarettes is a plus.

Interview Questions

• the typical interview questions they have to ask: what was an example of a stressful situation in which you coolly diffused?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for the highest pay they can offer. I got it.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Pantry (Cary, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for a financial analyst position within the company. About 2 weeks later, I received a call from a recruiter at the company, who told me about a statistican job that I was qualified for, and my previous employer gave me a connection to The Pantry, so they were interested in me. I gave her permission to submit my resume, and was contacted to set up an interview about 2 weeks later. Everyone at the office was very friendly, and my interview was very comfortable. I interviewed with the VP of my department, and it was a very easy conversation. I was offered a job at another company shortly after the interview, so I contacted The Pantry to tell them, and they responded with a promise of an offer within a few weeks, which they delivered and I accepted.

Property Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Pantry (Cary, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

short and unilluminating. Not much discussion of the position, lots of bs about how great the company and job was, despite the fact we worked in a double wide trailer with humidity problems. I only took the job because I was desperate and it was the armpit of the recession. I did get promoted pretty quickly, but it was to another low paying position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wanted more, they wouldn't grant it.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Pantry (Hattiesburg, MS) in March 2011.

Interview

she just told me what she expected of me on the job, little training was offered or done,

Interview Questions

• there were no questions asked of me by mgr, i was told was exepcted of me   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing, the company will not negotiate

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Pantry (Raleigh, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

phone interview went well....the 1 on 1 went terrible....unprepared and felt as though they were going thru the motions.