The Sheridan Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Sheridan Group Interview Questions

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Sheridan Group

Production Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Sheridan Group.

Interview

Applied for an editor position but was hired as an assistant. Very quick process. HR didn't have a solid understanding of the work that was being done. I was fresh out of college and jumped at the opportunity to work in 'publishing', and I think they recognized that and capitalized on it. First interview was over the phone, and then I came into the office and sat with the two department managers.

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, VT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Sheridan Group (Waterbury, VT) in December 2012.

Interview

Even if you've been with the company for years, you need to undergo two interviews. During the interviews, they criticize you and express doubts about your abilities, as well as using the opportunity to promote the company, to the extent that they can get a little over-defensive. It felt very one-sided; it felt like I had to prove myself to them, while they apparently didn't feel the need to prove to me why I should seek to advance in their company.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you are perceived by other people in the office?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unpleasant. I was lectured before being handed the paper making my promotion official. They spoke to me in a very condescending way.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Sheridan Group (York, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, then testing on Microsoft Applications, then face to face.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to name off brands I'd purchased in the past, and when I could not recollect due to the high volume of items I had purchased and a constant changing industry/name/brand change, I was made to feel pathetic.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelsea, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Sheridan Group (Chelsea, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

relaxed, and without direction. The interview process was unprofessional and more for if I was looking to work at McDonalds. I was asked general interview questions with several interruptions from HR staff. Plant tour was hurried and from a generalist with no idea of production procedures or even the machines and what they do. Staff was frowning and grumpy. You could hear whispers of disgruntled employees and more of a kindergarten recess chatter.

Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Sheridan Group (Waterbury, VT) in March 2012.

Interview

Went through a lengthy series of interviews that took the better part of an afternoon. An interview with HR, group leaders, and upper management. Each interview lasted between 30-60 minutes. It was a grueling process, but it seems necessary considering the work. They are looking for people with previous experience (college included).

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Sheridan Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Through a recorded video, kind of automatic interview, divided by 3 steps, first one was the introduction to this interview system ( around 10 min) , second step was a test to prepare yourself ( around 15 min ) and the final was the video recording session which was not editable ( approx.15 min) ,one-shot. 35 min in total

Interview Questions

• what motivates you ? why you would be a great fit for this role? tell me about your past job experiences   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Sheridan Group in February 2008.

Interview

it was a long experience. the interviwer was unprepared and made inappropriatte comments