The Summit Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.3

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Summit Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interview by the recruiter and a manager of Public Relations. They asked a series of typical interview questions. Be prepared with your questions as well, especially with work/life balance and pay.

Interview Questions

• What your past experience is, why do you want to work here. Typically interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

They said they would give me a raise at three months but claimed that was never stated in the interview.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Interview

The hiring process is simple. Fill out an app and they call you to set up an interview. They are very nice and willing to consider various backgrounds. I feel that it is a very competitive place to work and an ad agency is not for everyone. The interview will be between you and two other. Good Luck

Interview Questions

I declined because I could not start as soon as they needed.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Summit Group.

Interview

2 interviews. They asked standard questions about my resume, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated a higher starting salary.

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Summit Group (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

There was a phone call with HR which led to a Go To Meeting Online Video interview with HR and then finally an person interview with the VP of the team I would be working on. All in all a pretty typical interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked to detail my experience and relationships within the market   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Summit Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very conversational. Be prepared to share stories and specific examples of how you solved problems in your past work experiences. The interview was very laid back, but professional in tone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most recent marketing plan you built on why it was or wasn't successful.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Summit Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

This was an easy process that was first a phone interview, in-person with HR, in-person with Director. Asked standard questions about successes, failures, where I see myself in the future.

Executive Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Summit Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2011.

Interview

An executive assistant set-up the appointment via email, which was only a few days out from initial contact. She was very professional, organized and helpful with details, such as where to park. I knew exactly what I needed to in order to arrive prepared the day of the interview.

I arrived at the company headquarters and was greeted within minutes of my arrival by one of the interviewers. Very polite and welcoming. We went to the interview room and sat down to casually chat while we waited for one more attendee. She arrived soon after and we began the interview.

The interview style was informal, with natural questions that flowed one to another. The entire hour went by very quickly, as the interview was pleasantly conversational. The questions, I felt, were intelligent and genuine. They listened with interest to the answers I was providing and asked strong follow-up questions. They even gave positive feedback on answers/ideas that impressed them. At the end they asked if I had any questions. I did and they answered them truthfully, even though some of the questions were tough ones. They definitely knew where the company stood on goals, values and mission. I felt that was a good sign for a company.

From the interview, I gained a solid respect for the company and am eager to one day play a role there. At this time they do not have an opening, so this interview was more informational than position specific. The culture seems positive and strong. They are very focused on their work and achieving exceptional results for their clients. As a topper, their office space is very cool with a fun, eclectic vibe.

Interview Questions

• If you could have had your way in your organization, with no one stopping you, what would you have done?   Answer Question
    • For what were you most proud?   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Summit Group in April 2012.

Interview

The interview itself was friendly an conversational without being unprofessional. My perception of the office culture was the same. Fun, with an imbued sense of personal responsibility on the part of members of the staff. Everyone I encountered appeared to be happy and easy-going. Communication with HR before and after the interview were prompt and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for a firm now after years of freelance work?   Answer Question