Titanium Metals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Titanium Metals Interview Questions

2.8

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Titanium Metals.

Interview

Brief phone call - just a way of getting to know me. Then invited me onsite for a sit down interview with one person from HR and an operations manager. Was pretty smooth, felt more like a conversation which made the interview easy. Many of the questions were about experiences straight from my resume.

The entire process took probably a week to two weeks and I applied out of college.

Interview Questions

• How did your experience in college prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Titanium Metals in April 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one face to face interview. They are very friendly and are easy to talk to. It took roughly 3 weeks to get an offer but well worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• How do I talk to poeple when you want to get your point across.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Titanium Metals in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, with an engineer and HR.
    Didn't like the process, the interviewer had me on speaker, i couldn't clearly hear every word being said, and this annoyed me a lot.
    The interview was about both the stuff i learned in school, and other traditional questions that usually asked during an interview

Technical Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Titanium Metals (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

Responded to Monster.com ad with resume.

Telephone interview followed by in person interview with Director of Customer Service Group. Appeared to be looking for customer facing skills and experience displaying technical aptitude. I thought I had passed this portion because an impromptu interview was set up with the Customer Service Manager followed by a plant tour. He also asked me to take a personalty test after the tour.

The customer service manager was looking for the ability of the person to work well within the organization, specifically with the inside sales staff. My background in customer service prior to work in sales was a "major comfort" to her. Everything seemed to be good. She did tell me most of their sales people have a result of "Red" on the personality test.

The tour was very interesting. One of the floor managers walked me around and answered every question I had. It was pretty exciting.

The personality test is from Insights. The test was called Discovery. It covered the Foundation Chapter and Management Chapter. It is 25 questions long and surprisingly accurate. I tested extremely high in "yellow" and high in "red". I felt it was about 80% accurate. I was classified as "inspirational leader".

They do use this test in making hiring decisions.

I spent about three hours in their offices.

After two followup phone calls, the hiring manager said they were going to pass on me, "because we want someone who has not had the level of success you have had." Bogus response. He knew my "level of success" from the resume and phone interview. After our in person interview, he quickly scheduled another, agreed to provide a plant tour, and scheduled the personalty test. I have solid references so the only conclusion I can draw is that because my test came back with the highest value in "yellow" instead of "red", I was disqualified.

Seems like a great company if you can get in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a technical sales problem you have encountered and how you solved it.   Answer Question

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Titanium Metals (Toronto, OH) in February 2009.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by an on-site interview and drug test & physical. I was called with an offer, asked if it was acceptable, then sent an offer including all the benefits (medical, vacation, 401k). i was given one week to review it, sign it and mail it back in.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not extremely difficult, just asked questions to assure that I had the qualifications they were looking for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I said I wanted $60,000 per year and they were agreeable - probably should have asked for more, but it was a 33% increase over what I was receiving from my previous position.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

First was phone interview, very basic overview questions. Next, went in for on-site interview. One on one interview that began with standard interview questions...Tell me about yourself, strengths/weaknesses, educational background. Reviewed previous projects I worked on a school. Discussed issues I had to overcome in projects and working in a team environment. Asked back for second interview. This interview included someone from corporate, HR, and manager. Asked series of questions for about 2 hours regarding my opinions/views towards business, my education, working in industry. Then spent an hour working on a "project." This included recreating a lego-type construction with two other workers from the office. Goal of project was to see how I cooperated and communicated with teammates, my strategy for assembling structure, and how closely I could assemble it.

Interview Questions

• Rank the following in importance: Cost, Quality, On-time Delivery, Price   Answer Question

Principal Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Titanium Metals in February 2012.

Interview

typical interview. initial phone screen with HR, and then a follow up call with the hiring manager. then an on site interview. culture seemed laid back but is not. plant manager could not hold eye contact for long and the only female engineer had a staring problem and was not on the iterinary.