Titmouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Titmouse

Animator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Titmouse.

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless. My interviewer was punctual and friendly. They were generally very trusting of my resume, and since I had submitted a demo-reel before hand they trusted my ability to handle the work as well. In general, the interview felt more like a quick hang-out session to make sure I wasn't a crazy person, and that my personality would fit in with the rest of the group.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to the company, and what drives you to animate?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Titmouse.

Interview

Before the interview their will be a short test about clean up a clip of rough animation in flash, if you pass you will be offer an interview. The interview was Brief and easy, few questions and chatting around. They concern a lot about what you wanna do in this intership.

Interview Questions

• About my concentration and what I wanna to achieve by this internship   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Titmouse (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

It took a little while, my Professor helped me grab their attention and once I showed them my reel and resume they asked me to come in. The interview had three people there, one from HR, and we discussed my time at college and verified a few things they saw on my resume.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know more about my JROTC experience   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Titmouse (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick and simple. I applied through the email address they have for people interested in internships and got an email literally within 24 hours asking me for my availability for an interview. I went in for the interview two days later.

The actual interview was surprisingly laid back and felt more like a conversation than anything else. I was interviewed by the HR manager and asked the following questions (I'm paraphrasing the questions by the way).

How do you like your school?
    What are kind of animation are you interested in? Style, genre, medium?
    What have you heard about our internship program? (I had friends that had interned there as well so I brought them up)
    What is your favorite cartoon?
    Why should we choose you over other candidates?

All in all I really feel like the questions were driven by my answers in conversation. It didn't feel like there was a set list of generic interview questions and I think it is really safe to say that as long as you show genuine interest and a passion for your craft you will have a good outcome.

My interview was held on a Thursday and I got an email with an offer the following Monday.

Payroll Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Titmouse (Hollywood, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

As soon as I stepped in the office I was in love. There were metal magazines on the coffee table and statues of robots. I thought it was a pretty hip environment.

I met the human resources lady. She explained to me the culture and that the company believes in "bleep" and that they like to keep that spirit alive. I thought I would fit in well.

I met the hiring manager and was deflated. He was an older person and totally concerned about numbers and less about art and creation. My skillset met the requirements for the position. When I mentioned that I could see myself in that position for two or three years the hiring manager got upset. I don't know I guess he expected me to dedicate my life to the position. The human resources representatives even said "two to three years...that's good" trying to convince the guy that was a fair amount of time in a position like this. The interview ended.

They must really believe in their spirit that they mentioned because I never got a call or e-mail back saying that I didn't get the position. I took a day off of work to meet with them.

By the way, this is an animation studio.

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself in this position?   1 Answer

Layout/Background Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Titmouse (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was very casual. My interviewer arrived on time and was very polite and friendly. They had already saw my portfolio online and I assume they just wanted to meet me face to face to make sure that I was a right fit for the company. Being from out of province, they did ask me if I was interested in relocating and how soon I can start. They briefly described the role I would be working in, including some duties and technical aspects like how the pipeline at the studio is.