Trinity College Dublin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trinity College Dublin Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.5

Mediator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trinity College Dublin.

Interview

Application online, followed by email correspondence, followed by in person interview to assess knowledge and ability to perform as a mediator - scientific knowledge/background, ability to speak in public, answer questions.

Mediator, Science Gallery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trinity College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Pretty easy. Emailed and recieved a link to the online application form. Called for interview a few weeks later, and asked about experience, motivation for applying, whether anyone had referred me.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trinity College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was recommended for the position by a previous project supervisor and was offered the position based on that. We discussed the project I would be working on i the interview and when I displayed some competency on the project specifications, the interviewer seemed confident.

Interview Questions

• We discussed the project I would be working on.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trinity College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Panel interview + 10 minute Presentation - 5 on the panel including one external interviewer from outside the organisation. Interview started with 10 minute presentation on a topic given in advance. This was followed by a 35-40 min interview. Each member of the panel asked questions and I was given the opportunity to ask questions at the end. Questions were mainly competency based.

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trinity College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2015.

Interview

There was an original phone screen. As the position was for a call centre, they sensibly began by testing your phone manner. You were asked to complete a pretend call using the script provided. After this, there was a group interview with four or five students, conducted by the supervising manager and another manager. It was quite friendly and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What past experience do you feel has prepared you for this?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Interview

This will vary between Professors. Mainly just questions about my past experience and my interest. Discussing the project for a good while. Wasn't expected to have a technical understanding of the work to be done, but to be able to grasp the concepts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-existent.

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Trinity College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2014.

Interview

Directly contacted various academic staff about availability of funding. I sent an email to one professor who forwarded it to another who seemed interested in my skills.

Organised a meeting to discuss the University and the projects available. I met up with the hiring professor directly and he had a discussion with me about the position he was looking to fill.

Informally spoke about my previous work and what I was looking for in a PhD position.

Was invited to apply for a PhD position and applied online.

The online application was successful and I started within two months of the initial discussion.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience in the field?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trinity College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

The interview was focused on very detailed technical issues in my research area. The interview board was composed of 5 more lecturers from the department and the chair was my mentor-to-be. The atmosphere was very warm and comfortable and the result was out within one day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I cannot get the expected result of the research project given the limited time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trinity College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2012.

Interview

1 interview- specific questions about the related discipline. General questions about chemistry, certain named reactions and a few easy mechanisms. They asked about my undergraduate degree, what subjects I enjoyed and didnt enjoy. Why i was choosing a PhD in this field and what I knew about the disease area so far.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trinity College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2012.

Interview

Initial email contact with a professor asking about available PhD positions
    Replied with project details and followed up with Skype interview.
    After successful completion of the interview was invited to the campus to meet and have a look around before finalising the decision.

Interview Questions

• What previous research I'd been involved with, why I wanted to work on that particular project.   1 Answer