TxDOT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.3

Accounting Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Entry level role so the manager gives you the questions in advance but only a couple of minutes to look over them. There was 2 people conducting the interview, 1 asking questions and another taking notes.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between financial and managerial accounting   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later get a phone call asking basic questions regarding my major and how many hours I had taken as well as what degree I was pursuing. About 5 days later get a call from HR to do a phone interview, questions were pretty straight forward a total of 6 questions, all potential candidates were asked the same 6 questions. Process took about a week and a half then I was out on the job site.

Interview Questions

• What is the main purpose of TxDOT?
      How do you build a strong relationship with someone who's been working there longer than you?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the department head a week later. All interns were asked 6 standard question for the position. Got the offer letter a week later.

Interview Questions

• What does access control mean to you?   2 Answers

Transportation Tech I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT in May 2017.

Interview

Easy interview, still waiting for approval or denial but they say it takes awhile to hear back. I was told to keep applying no matter what, dont discouraged. The supervisors were very nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TxDOT.

Interview

Pretty simple process with a 3-person panel. Questions are given in advance and candidates are given opportunity to look them over, think through answers. Answers are scored by each member of the panel and totaled after the process.

Interview Questions

• The question had something to do with my willingness to stay late in the event of an issue arising that would require my attention after hours.   1 Answer

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TxDOT (Austin, TX).

Interview

Smooth and to the point. I was ask a series of questions based on my experience and I was hired the next day. Questions involved my experience in the networking/Helpdesk arena. I fortunately had been through every senario they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with ticketing systems and expain.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What pay rate was I looking for and what was the lowest I could settle with.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TxDOT.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Asked to go to main office. Interviewer asked typical behavioral question and also about my college experience and previous internships. Nothing technical and fairly standard.

I applied online and a few weeks later I received a phone call from TxDOT and they asked me to schedule an interview at the HQ.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TxDOT.

Interview

Was relocating from California to Texas and interviewer was willing to do video conference as option for initial interview process. Initial interview was a panel interview where each person asked a range of questions to determine skill level. Interviewers were very polite and willing to answer any questions that I have about the requirements of the job.

Bridge Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TxDOT (Euless, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

There were two engineers asked me about my experience of working in fields and If I feel comfortable to get dirty while i was studying my PhD at that time.

Interview Questions

• I told i do not have any experience and I would like to learn new things and it does not matter if get dirty.   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TxDOT (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I got three interviews for the same position title but from difference departments of TXDOT by applying on line and referred by their employers. Two phone interviews, one on-site interviews, and I got a job offer for one of them. The first one was focus on managing school projects. I was phone interviewed with two females, and one of them was the hire manager. During the phone Interview, they asked my project background and my willingness to do the document for them. And I got a job offer of this one. The second one was more related to traffic engineering work, which required driving to the fields to check the traffic or road conditions. Later I was invited to have a 1:1 on-site interview. The hiring manager was pretty nice. He introduced himself and the main jobs of his group. Then he asked me about my background and my working desire. The last process was to go through the prepared behavior questions. The third one was related to forecasting prices of some transportation devices. The hiring manager phone interviewed me. He asked a lot of questions about my experience on a TXDOT project, which was done when I was in school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your *** projects?
      Tell me about yourself.
      What is your disadvantage and advantage.   Answer Question

Negotiation

hourly wage. I got another offer at the same time. The hire manager added the hourly wage for me and accelerated the process.