U.S. General Services Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. General Services Administration Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was quick for me due to the fact they were in need. Situational & general background questions were asked. It was very structural. Very comfortable setting. I was interviewed by two people.

Sustainability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was conducted by 1 lead person and 3 supporting individuals within the branch. They all took turns asking questions, it was very structured. At the end I asked additional questions that really got to the heart of the organizational mission.

Interview Questions

• What does sustainability mean to you and can you give us an example of a project you worked on that incorporated sustainability (environmental, energy, etc.)?   Answer Question

Information Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager. Then a four hour Skype screen with four members of the team. Very little technical content in the interviews (this is a government job, after all. Skills are not important). Lots of soft skills questions. Most telling was they wanted to know how I felt discriminated against, if I had ever been discriminated against, do I discriminate against others, do I think discrimination is an issue in the workplace, etc.

Every interview made sure I knew that they were hiring for diversity. I'm white, so I was fairly sure I wasn't going to get the job. Turns out, yup, they needed more than a highly skilled, college educated white male.

Interview Questions

• When have you been discriminated against in your career?   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

In depth interview with 1 person in conference room and a laptop with 2 managers via video conference. I had to juggle looking at the laptop and looking at the manager in the room. One of the mangers turned their camera on, the other didn't. Very unprofessional. A lot of questions were asked that my resume did not support because I didn't have the experience. Not sure why I was selected for an interview. Tough overall.
    I moved onto the second phase and received a second interview via phone with 3 different managers. The second interview was personality based and went much smoother than the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
      Why are you the best candidate for the position?
      Describe a specific scheduling contract situation, IDIQ contract and government wide contract? (3 part question)
      Which do you prefer LPTA or tradeoff and why?
      Given a scenario, which contract type would you choose and why?
      What is a COR (Contracting Officer Representative)? What is their role and what do you do if the COR does not follow procedures?
      Describe a time things dissolved quickly, what did you do to resolve the situation?
      Describe a time you had a disagreement at work, what did you do to resolve it?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in August 2016.

Interview

Standard interview process that covered the basics. The panel covered the mission, the position, and long-term professional development - starting with Pathways and its requirements. Additionally, the panel covered standard behavioral, project management, flexibility, and interest in the field for long-term professional development.

Initial selection was made after the closing date for the application period, then HR reached out to schedule the interview with a panel of SMEs. That took about 2 weeks from the closing date.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your experience with X?
      Q: How do you communicate updates / challenges / with X to your manager? with peers?
      Q: How do you interact with customers (establish / maintain rapport)?
      Q: A time when a supervisor addressed a deficiency? (How did you handle it, what did you do to improve)
      Q: Questions for panel, last statement for anything the panel should know.
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

Had 3 different interviews, one over the phone, one in person at the contractors offices, and the last one at a GSA building. Went over resume, and asked a couple random questions that threw me off. I got the job and the overall interview was ok

Interview Questions

• Asked about negotiating skills and customer service skills   1 Answer

Program Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

1st was interview with director (Washington DC) and program staff over the phone. 2nd round was a video conference with director and a program support specialist assistant to senior director. Waiting to get feedback as I write this review.... It took about 2 months from application to first interview.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview - what is your understanding of GSA; why do you want to work for us; explain how you have handled... various... scenarios at work.   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

This process was pretty straightforward. I applied online and was contacted by HR by telephone to complete a phone screen. Was later offered an in person interview in Washington, DC. Very quick process, was given an offer several weeks later but due to hiring freeze, offer is currently on hold.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very straightforward and behavioral at most stages of this interview process. Interviewers were always very polite and informative about any questions I had. They asked about past experiences, education, community involvement etc. Asked if there was anything not on my resume they should know about me.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

I applied for the position through my school. I submitted my resume and then got an invitation to an on-campus interview. There were two interviewers in the room; one was asking questions and the other one was typing down my answers. The interview questions were very general and mostly behavioral. After the interview, I had to complete online assessments.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Everything went well. Panel interview was a little challenging, lots of questions and a variety because of there were multiple people doing the interview. It was a panel of 4 different interviewers who were all department heads. I interviewed with each section mgr and dept. mgr.