U.S. General Services Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2018

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was quick for me due to the fact they were in need. Situational & general background questions were asked. It was very structural. Very comfortable setting. I was interviewed by two people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

In depth interview with 1 person in conference room and a laptop with 2 managers via video conference. I had to juggle looking at the laptop and looking at the manager in the room. One of the mangers turned their camera on, the other didn't. Very unprofessional. A lot of questions were asked that my resume did not support because I didn't have the experience. Not sure why I was selected for an interview. Tough overall.
    I moved onto the second phase and received a second interview via phone with 3 different managers. The second interview was personality based and went much smoother than the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
      Why are you the best candidate for the position?
      Describe a specific scheduling contract situation, IDIQ contract and government wide contract? (3 part question)
      Which do you prefer LPTA or tradeoff and why?
      Given a scenario, which contract type would you choose and why?
      What is a COR (Contracting Officer Representative)? What is their role and what do you do if the COR does not follow procedures?
      Describe a time things dissolved quickly, what did you do to resolve the situation?
      Describe a time you had a disagreement at work, what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

I saw the notice on Monstertrak.com for a paid internship for a Contract Specialist. You are in a two year probationary period. Applied by simply sending a cover letter and resume to HR. I was able to skip the USAJOBS.gov website. I recieved an email to call for scheduling an interview. I interviewed with a Panel of 3 managers at one time. I then had to get fingerprinted and a security check was done. I then got an email saying I recieved the job. The entire process from applying to recieving the email was about 7 months. Took 4 months just to hear they wanted an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a contract protest?   1 Answer
    • How do you describe yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Contracting Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

typical interview process, questions asked were related to experience. additional situational questions were asked to determine thought process. It was more of a get to know you. They also needed to know types of contracts issued

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

One technical telephonic interview followed by telephonic interview by hiring manager.

Technical interview was on java and related technologies, interview by hiring manager was on my role in previous job. Both interviews were to judge my skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Java questions in tech interview
      General work related questions in interview by hiring manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a contract position and the rate was decided before interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in December 2016.

Interview

I had a video interview with the panel and then I was invited for the site interview. Both interviews went well. But weeks after the interview I got an email stating that the position was not filled and got cancelled due to the federal hiring freeze.

Intern Interview

Interview

Did an unpaid internship with them during the spring and got my paid summer internship while doing the unpaid internship.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The intern position interview was your standard interview in their office. Their offices are really nice and it was a very straightforward interview. No out there questions or comments involved. I have interviewed for many places and this one didn't have the questions designed yo keep you on your toes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Start to finish, the process consisted of three separate sets of interviews, and an in-person essay question.

Each interview set was entirely unique.

The first focused on general work and career preferences, along with person long-term plans.

The second and third focused on experience, qualitative and organizational reasoning skills, and problem solving applications to real-life scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe, in detail, your experience with project management. Give specific examples of difficulties you faced and, in hindsight, how you applied your solutions to similar situations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

I applied through my school's website, there was no interview. Instructions were to email the hiring manager for that department. He replied back to me once my application was submitted and I was considered best. There was a lot of paper work to do as the government is very detailed.Spoke with a lady after who gave me details for the job and that was it.

Negotiation

none