UNICEF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UNICEF Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2018

3.1

Internship Interview

Interview

Applied in February, didn't hear back till April. Interview process took about 1.5 weeks, so pretty quick. Interviewed with members of the team. Typical behavioral type questions and questions about technical abilities.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Round 1: Resume and cover letter
    Round 2 (had two separate 30-45minute interviews): In person interview with department and then HR. The HR interview was fairly generic with mostly behavioural questions. The department interview was more conversational than I expected with back and forth questions about my experience and how that fit into UNICEF's work.

Interview Questions

• HR: strengths, weaknesses, resume questions
      Department: resume questions, previous experience, why UNICEF   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNICEF.

Interview

Had an internal contact and was hired after a resume review

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Internships are not paid.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Very straightforward and simple. Questions about experience and why you are interested in the job. A few follow-up questions were asked about prior experience. The whole process took about 4-6 weeks (this takes into account the Christmas holiday period). Interviewers were very courteous and helpful in answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UNICEF?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UNICEF.

Interview

It was very straightforward. I was interviewed by two people who asked normal interview questions, such as how do you work when under a deadline, and how do you work with people of different races and cultures?

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

it was an on-phone interview, both interviewees made it easy, they were nice and friendly. it was a situational interview. they asked me to introduce myself, then describe situation where I used my teamwork skills, conflict management, and working with other departments.

Individual Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a bit of a front. They're required to make it look like they're publicly advertising for a post and reviewing multiple candidates, even if they already have one person in mind. I was referred into the consultancy, but still had to go through the interview process, which was sending in standard materials to the potential employer, and then having a panel interview over Skype. Fairly easy interview because, again, it was a formality. Be cautious when applying to UNICEF posts, because they may or may not be actively looking for new applicants.

Interview Questions

• If your previous employer had to describe you in three words, what would they be?   Answer Question

Program Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied for a job that was advertised online, was contacted for an interview by e-mail two months after I submitted the application, had a competency-based phone interview with a 3 member panel

Interview Questions

• The broad subject of the questions (how one would react to different scenarios of collaboration and conflict) was not difficult. However, the specificity of some of the scenarios that the panel members described was a little challenging   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY)
    applied online then received an email to schedule a Phone interview. The phone interview was about 20 min. I was asked about my cv, and past experiences and what I would be able to add to the department I applied for.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things your former employees would say about you?   Answer Question

Programmer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Competency based interviewing - easy if you know how. Google "UN Competency Based Interviewing" for help. Easy when you know how. All the questions start with "Tell me about a time when you..."....and will be related to the "Core competencies" listed in the job description.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult ethical situation
      Tell me about a time when you had to communicate a difficult concept to someone who didn't have that knowledge..   Answer Question