UNICEF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UNICEF Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2018

3.2

Global Citizenship Fellowship Interview

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UNICEF.

Interview

Submitted my application toward the end of 2015 (December I believe). Did not hear back until the end of January for a preliminary interview with a recruiter based in NYC. I was then recommended for the next step, which was a Skype interview. Time went on and I did not hear back. Finally, in April/May 2016 I received an email stating that I was a finalist.

I was invited to the Boston office to give a presentation and meet the staff. I live in another state so I paid for my non-reimbursable flight/hotels (silly of me, I know). After the interview, tI received 2 more phone calls: one from the HR and another from one of the interviewers in Boston. They called my 2 references and told them I would without a doubt hear back in a week.

Well guess what? I never heard back. Followed up: nothing. Silence, silence and silence.
    It's fine if I didn't get the position.. But to drag a person through a LENGTHY several month application process and not have courtesy to follow-up is absolutely enraging.

Companies always expect candidates to have decorum and open communication.. etc. But when a revered org like UNICEF cannot reciprocate that, it speaks volumes.

Everytime I share this experience with someone, they are absolutely appalled.

Throughout entire 4-5 months I received nothing but kindness. So why after the interview can you not have courtesy to follow-up.

It was not until 3 entire months later that I received a generic reply.

For almost a year, I beat myself up over this. The rejection is not what bothers me-- it is the lack of respect for candidates after a long application process.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNICEF (Panama, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online in December 2016 the contacted me in February 2017 via phone call to give me a date and hour for the interview which was an online test, the time for finishing the test was 2 hours and it took me exactly that time to finish, they asked me 3 questions

Interview Questions

• Make a press release involving UNICEF based on a story they give you,   1 Answer
    • Make and advocacy plan nationwide for the education of children it had to be interactive effectively using social media as traditional media.   1 Answer

Education Assessment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took 4 months, give or take. I applied on-line in November 2016, was invited to take a written test to be submitted in 2 hours. A couple of months later, I was invited for a skype interview. That was the end of the process on my end because I am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly based out off the kills and competencies of the job requirements.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Round 1: Resume and cover letter
    Round 2 (had two separate 30-45minute interviews): In person interview with department and then HR. The HR interview was fairly generic with mostly behavioural questions. The department interview was more conversational than I expected with back and forth questions about my experience and how that fit into UNICEF's work.

Interview Questions

• HR: strengths, weaknesses, resume questions
      Department: resume questions, previous experience, why UNICEF   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY).

Interview

Firstly I had a phone interview, talking about my experience with programming and data analysis. Then I had a online-test. I had to reply to them with results in 2 hours. It is not so hard but you need to be familiar with R programming. Then I went to their office to have a talk to each other.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

it was an on-phone interview, both interviewees made it easy, they were nice and friendly. it was a situational interview. they asked me to introduce myself, then describe situation where I used my teamwork skills, conflict management, and working with other departments.

Policy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

competency based interview and HR questions. a panel of specialists. They seemed to take the process seriously which is great. Skype interview wasn't great for inter-personal feel which is also important in determining whether you want to work with one another or not.

Interview Questions

• Analysing skill, communication skills, closely linked to the job description and one should prepare examples close to the job description   Answer Question

Consultancy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

A skype interview (audio only, no video) with a panel of 3 interviewers, one person from UNICEF and two from another organization that were involved in the specific terms of the consultancy interviewed me. A half hour was given for a scheduled call.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions specific to the consultancy, in a competency-based manner (see UNICEF competency-based framework). I.E. As outlined in the TOR, this is the challenge that we are dealing with. How do you suggest that we move forward/in your opinion, what is the next step?   Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The process is around one hour. My supervisor asked me to demonstrate my design projects and provide a possible solution for current projects in the unit. After the interview, she informed the good result in two days. And we went over all administrative paper around one month.

Interview Questions

• How do you use your design skill to solve the problem in the limited resource and move the project forward?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Very straightforward and simple. Questions about experience and why you are interested in the job. A few follow-up questions were asked about prior experience. The whole process took about 4-6 weeks (this takes into account the Christmas holiday period). Interviewers were very courteous and helpful in answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UNICEF?   1 Answer