UNICEF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Round 1: Resume and cover letter
    Round 2 (had two separate 30-45minute interviews): In person interview with department and then HR. The HR interview was fairly generic with mostly behavioural questions. The department interview was more conversational than I expected with back and forth questions about my experience and how that fit into UNICEF's work.

Interview Questions

• HR: strengths, weaknesses, resume questions
      Department: resume questions, previous experience, why UNICEF
      Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY).

Interview

Firstly I had a phone interview, talking about my experience with programming and data analysis. Then I had a online-test. I had to reply to them with results in 2 hours. It is not so hard but you need to be familiar with R programming. Then I went to their office to have a talk to each other.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

it was an on-phone interview, both interviewees made it easy, they were nice and friendly. it was a situational interview. they asked me to introduce myself, then describe situation where I used my teamwork skills, conflict management, and working with other departments.

Policy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

competency based interview and HR questions. a panel of specialists. They seemed to take the process seriously which is great. Skype interview wasn't great for inter-personal feel which is also important in determining whether you want to work with one another or not.

Interview Questions

• Analysing skill, communication skills, closely linked to the job description and one should prepare examples close to the job description   Answer Question

Consultancy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

A skype interview (audio only, no video) with a panel of 3 interviewers, one person from UNICEF and two from another organization that were involved in the specific terms of the consultancy interviewed me. A half hour was given for a scheduled call.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions specific to the consultancy, in a competency-based manner (see UNICEF competency-based framework). I.E. As outlined in the TOR, this is the challenge that we are dealing with. How do you suggest that we move forward/in your opinion, what is the next step?   Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The process is around one hour. My supervisor asked me to demonstrate my design projects and provide a possible solution for current projects in the unit. After the interview, she informed the good result in two days. And we went over all administrative paper around one month.

Interview Questions

• How do you use your design skill to solve the problem in the limited resource and move the project forward?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Very straightforward and simple. Questions about experience and why you are interested in the job. A few follow-up questions were asked about prior experience. The whole process took about 4-6 weeks (this takes into account the Christmas holiday period). Interviewers were very courteous and helpful in answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UNICEF?   1 Answer

Porgramme Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UNICEF.

Interview

the entire interview is based on Competency Based Interview questions. There were 5 questions covering a number of core and functional competencies, including Driving for Results, Team work, Embracing diversity, Innovation and Persuasion/Negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time when you had difficulties in managing a team?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNICEF.

Interview

Three people called in 30 mins. First one asked general questions about your background and interest. Second one told me there were 3 roles suitable for me and asked me if I was interested. The third one tole me I can fit in a lil and asked me if I was interested.

Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UNICEF (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview is typically conducted via Skype or phone. In most cases it follows the Competency-based Interview structure. Following the brief introduction on the post, interview panel members and procedure, interviewers take turn to ask 3-4 questions on particular competency areas that they consider relevant to the post.

Interview Questions

• Question 1: Formulating Strategies and Concept
      • Explain the experience when you had to translate a work-related strategy into actions and
      plans
      • Describe the situation and your particular role in particular the followings:
      o What were the unique elements in the situation and your task?
      o What were the key challenges?
      o How did you approach to increase effectiveness?
      o What would you do differently in hindsight?

Question 2: Analyzing
      • Describe a time when deciding on an appropriate course of action required careful and
      through review of complex and information from multiple sources
      o Briefly describe the situation and your task
      o Which sources did you exactly analyze?
      o What strategies were generated as a result of the analysis
      o What were the particular challenges?

Question 3: Relating and networking
      • Describe a time when you initiated and developed an effective working relationship with key
      stakeholders
      o Why was the networking important?
      o How did you establish the working relationship?
      o What were the particular challenges?
      o What would you do differently in hindsight?
      1 Answer