US Forest Service Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 70 of over 70 interviews

Campus Recruiting3%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

US Forest Service

Application

I interviewed at US Forest Service

Interview

Gave a list of scripted questions asking general questions about myself and gave a detailed overview of the forest and position at the beginning. Allowed time for questions at the end.

Interview Questions
  • why do you want to work for USFS
    Answer Question

US Forest Service

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Forest Service in Feb 2021

Interview

Phone interview that involved questions of my experience operating equipment, past experience, qualifications, area of work, and working independently. Also personal questions of my goals, likes / dislikes in work settings, and my personal heroes.

Interview Questions
  • Have you worked independently before on a project?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Forest Service (Bend, OR) in Jan 2021

Interview

The interview was very professional and consisted of 7 questions asked by a panel of 1 ops manager and 2 crew leads. The questions were pretty typical and allowed me to really demonstrate my qualifications for this type of job

Interview Questions
  • Explain a situation where you experienced a problem with a coworker while at work and how did you resolve it.

US Forest Service

Application

I interviewed at US Forest Service

Interview

Phone interview with two supervisors. We talked for about an hour and they asked pretty basic interview questions. They were friendly and the overall vibe of the interview was pretty laid back.

Interview Questions
  • Name a past work experience where you overcame certain challenges

US Forest Service

Application

I interviewed at US Forest Service

Interview

Was offered an interview after a follow up email, but only with a few hours (literally) to reply. Interview felt haphazard and last minute on both sides, as I had little time to prepare.

Interview Questions
  • They'll ask you how you would respond to job specific situations, and pretty much reiterate the job requirements
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Forest Service (Bend, OR) in Apr 2020

Interview

Over the phone interview with two current employees. They asked a number of questions and left time for me to ask any questions. It was a very pleasant call, the employees were easy to talk to and not intimidating.

Interview Questions
  • Experience failing at a task and what I learned from that experience that lead to success in the future.

US Forest Service

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Forest Service

Interview

The federal hiring process can be lengthy. The actual interview was quick and basic. Hiring was quick after the interview, at least for a federal position. The interview was a panel interview done over the phone

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Forest Service (Washington, DC)

Interview

My resume was sent to the Director by former colleagues. A few months later, I got a call for an interview. I first had an interview with the "right hand man" of the Director and then an interview with the Director and Assistant Director.

Interview Questions
  • The interview was focused on both my technical skills and my "soft skills." They wanted to find out how well I work with others, how flexible I was, etc. They asked about my employment during HS (even though I was more than a decade out of HS).
2 people found this interview helpful

US Forest Service

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at US Forest Service

Interview

Recieved a phone call. Called them back. We set up an appointment for an over the phone interview, which is typical due to many applicants coming from all over the US. Many technicians I have spoken to are young and enjoy traveling from Tech job to tech job across the US.

Interview Questions
  • The standard moral questions: What would you do if...? Would you report this if you saw it? What would be the steps you would take to resolve a misunderstanding...etc.
1 person found this interview helpful

US Forest Service

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Forest Service in Nov 2019

Interview

Applied for an internship position - process was very straight forward and pleasant. The interviewer was very nice and had obviously looked at my resume beforehand. It seemed just like a normal conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Interviews