UT Dallas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.6

Career Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Dallas (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Initial phone interview. Open-ended questions geared towards getting to know you as a person and your career interests. In-person interview included a meeting with the director, a formal power-point presentation, and a group interview.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Dallas (Richardson, TX).

Interview

There wasn't an interview process to speak of. You have to fill and submit an application to the department and will be chosen based on over all profile and course of study (PhD preferred over MS)

Interview Questions

• Approaching professors to ask for an assistantship can be tricky   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Dallas (Richardson, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Received a call & set up an interview. Parking is crazy so give yourself plenty of time to get there, but the directions they gave me were perfect. Met in a conference room right next to the area where the department sits. Very nice.

Interview Questions

• Specific accounting question about debits & credits, so brush up on your intermediate accounting.   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UT Dallas.

Interview

- Apply through school's career website
    - Get an email regarding interview with behavioral questions
    - One more interview with similar questions and a few work specific questions as well
    - The whole process took about two weeks
    - Get the paper-work done within a couple of weeks
    - Get training for a week of two

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Dallas.

Interview

First apply online and then you will receive email for the interview. You will then have on-site interview and then wait for the hiring decision. Depends on which department and position you are applying.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Dallas.

Interview

Difficult, and challenging questions, but enjoyed the interview. They asked about some questions related to the project that I have been working for 5 years. No general questions, but very specific.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UT Dallas (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

one on one in person interview, most of the time reviewing your resume and it went really fast, don't worry about you may get hard time. Only one behavioral question was asked and it was " what would you do when you encounter an issue you've never met before", one of the classics.

Interview Questions

• what would you do when you encounter an issue you've never met before?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UT Dallas (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Two weeks longs, previously worked with the same lab. So the process was pretty straight forward and interview was easy to crack. Questions were more on what was written in resume and my previous work experience and projects

Caller Interview

Interview

Received instructions to leave a voice mail at a number to record a prepared script. Very straight forward action that acted as their interview process in lieu of an actual call or face to face meeting.

Job seems to be just cold calling; however, my assessment may be flawed as I did not get to experience it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Dallas (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and straight to the point. They asked me very basic questions about myself and my accomplishments. It was a very relaxed environment. They really just want to know about your personality and your demeanor that's it. The interview will take about 30 minutes or so not too long.