UW Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UW Credit Union (Madison, WI).

Interview

There was a phone interview with scripted questions, although they weren't the usual scripted questions. It was focused on what you'd do given a certain scenario. Later, I had an in person interview with two people that was much more casual. It seemed like I already had the position when I walked in.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to perform a task that you didn't know how to do, how would you proceed?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UW Credit Union (Madison, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

First applied, then went on to a brief informational and informal interview over the phone with HR. Was then invited for an in person interview that was somewhat casual.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when....?   1 Answer

Marketing Inter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UW Credit Union.

Interview

it took about a month in total. There were two interviews, one phone interview and one in person. After that they gave me a project to take home so that they can see my work. They give you a week from your interview to complete it and send it back. From there they review it and make a decision. That part usually takes about a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you received negative feedback and what you did to correct it.   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UW Credit Union.

Interview

The interviewing process consisted of an in person interview with three current managers. Interviews are nerve wrecking in general, but when you have to interview in front of three managers it's even worse. The questions they ask are meant to be difficult, and meant to get you to think outside the box. I found that the interview was one of the most difficult interview I've ever been too.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a time when you had to have a difficult conversation?   Answer Question

Human Resources Employment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UW Credit Union (Madison, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with manager
    In person interview with manager at the corporate office in Madison, WI
    In person interview with director set up with final candidates following in person interview with manager of HR and Chief Human Resources Officer. This interview was also at the corporate office. Met with CHRO and Director separately for an hour each.

Interview Questions

• What prompted you to apply for this position?
      How do you hope this position will contribute to your long term goals   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UW Credit Union.

Interview

Submit resume and cover letter online, phone interview, in-person interview. The phone interviewer will ask why you are interested in UW Credit Union. In addition they will ask what your personal core values are. They are looking for employees that have similar personal values as their own. Study up on the UW Credit Union core value.
    The in person interview is fairly laid back and conversational. The questions are geared to see if you have a helpful nature and have a 'team player' mentality. They will have you do role plays on selling a company or product you are passionate about. This is a measurement of your ability to explain and consult.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell someone a credit card?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but higher than the min starting wage

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UW Credit Union (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

I spoke with UWCU at a UW Madison Career Fair and I was excited that they do a lot of promotion from within and work with you to build your skills as you go. I applied for the position online and referenced the manager I spoke to at the Career Fair. A week or two later I got an email saying they wanted to set up a phone interview with someone in HR. At the beginning of the call he said he was interviewing a lot of people and would let me know within 10 days. He read off a list of questions and after each response it would be silent minus him typing. i asked about their preformance review process and he got really excited to tell me all about that because it is a big part of the UWCU culture. At the end of the phone call he did not want to wait to set up something with the managers and we scheduled it right away. I went into the branch and had an interview with two branch managers, they talked about which football teams they liked and asked what my hobbies were. I thought the interview went well and a week later i got an email saying they went in another direction.

Interview Questions

• What is a company you respect and why? Sell me a membership to or product of that company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UW Credit Union (Madison, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

I actually never interviewed for this job. I picked up functions in different positions and, over time, this role was created for me. Because of that I am basing my response off of interviews I was on the hiring end of.

Interview Questions

• Name your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is very limited. Unless you are an executive the offers are very take it or leave it.

Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UW Credit Union (Madison, WI) in August 2011.

Interview

It was extremely behavior and core values focussed. They were more concerned with asking questions about how you have reacted to situations than what you would do. They ask for examples. They also value a finding the right people than all the correct experiences. Much of the leadership have read first Break All the Rules and Good to Great. I would google those books if you are not aware of the content before interviewing. I wouldn't quote the book just understand what they value as an organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation you worked on a team when challenges or difficulties came up on the team. How did you react?   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UW Credit Union (Madison, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

Very professional. I was interviewed by several people in the department that I would work with on a regular basis. They all asked me questions. The questions were well thought out and relevant to the position. The entire onsite interview was approximately 3 hours long.