Unified Grocers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Unified Grocers Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

Employment Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unified Grocers.

Interview

The whole process took about 2-3 weeks. I was contacted by the recruiter for an initial phone screen, then an interview with the recruiter and hiring manager. It was honestly a very tough interview, but I could tell from their questions that they took the role seriously and I respected that a lot.

Interview Questions

• Describe your presentation skills and presentations you've given to large groups.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offered $17/hr and accepted.

Inventory Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unified Grocers (Livermore, CA).

Interview

First I received a phone interview by the contracted hiring HR representative and then about a week later, I had an in person/video conference interview with the representative in the office and the hiring director over video conference as she was in another divisional office.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unified Grocers (Portland, OR).

Interview

Interviewed with all local HR as well as in corporate office with department VP. It also included a phone interview prior to the onsite interview. The corporate office interview was with several managers of the department and included a tour of the facility and warehouses. The whole process went smoothly and overall it was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Mostly experience and behavioral based interviewing techniques were used. Questions on how to handle employee and labor relations issues. Response to EEOC and other agencies and recruiting experience   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unified Grocers (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview that lasted about1 hr it was very positive after the interview process I was taken on a tour of the warehouse the grocery warehouse, the deli warehouse and produce warehouse

Interview Questions

• My experience, working alone and team player, attendance   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unified Grocers (Commerce, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed via phone by someone in HR. It lasted about 30 mins and was really easy, more like a chat with a friend about my job. I was told at that time I was actually qualified for a number of open positions within the department and we discusses which I would prefer!

When I went in for an in person interview, I met with 4 people from the direct department I was applying for. Everyone was super nice and again it felt like having a discussion with colleauges (which we sort or are since I was coming from a grocery purchasing background already).

Interview Questions

• I was asked about forecasting sales, my software experience, my education, and familiarity with the category.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Unified Grocers (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Casual , minu questions asked.
    Most manager hate the interviewing process so have the skills they want and it will go well
    Don't over sell yourself. Most managers have been there for well over 15 years. They like hard workers, faithful workers and the average age for the office is 30+ (it's mostly older ladies)

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unified Grocers (South Seattle, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

Contacted by the HR department who found my resume on Monster or Careerbuilder, not sure. I spoke with the HR person and was scheduled for an interview for a Helpdesk position, when I came into the interview there was another position open for Computer Operator that was a better fit for me and I was offered this position. The hiring manager and I clicked very well and the interview was smooth.

If you get a chance to, ask to meet the people you'd be working with or view the work area, many positions with this company are given to those who seem to fit the best in the team regardless of your experience.

Interview Questions

• Some technical jargon questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't in a position to negotiate, however if you have experience or a degree you can get more money from them.