United Space Alliance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at United Space Alliance

2.7

Aerospace Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Cape Canaveral, FL) in April 2008.

Interview

Very long process from intial job application. Interview consisted less of technical knowledge and more of questions pertaining to personal character, team skills, and other general traits along those lines. Very personable management. Seems to be bonus points to go in natural as your self. Also, military veteran another large bonus point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed. Take it or leave it.

Engineering Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Cape Canaveral, FL) in November 2008.

Interview

Asked many questions from what seemed tp be a generated list. Most questions were applicable to working within a group and past work experience. Another point of interest was an explanation of what the job would require of me to do. It was very informative to ensure that not only was I a good fit into their company but that they were a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you had to meet an important deadline and two people from the project quit?   Answer Question
    • How many light bulbs are in the building right now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations went well.

Engineering Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Houston, TX).

Interview

Face-to-face interview. They asked about my experience as a student, and they described the job duties. The interview was with the hiring manager. It was with one person only. It was about a 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Space Alliance.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Fair question. Hiring process was easy and straight forward. Lots of help with getting set up and integrated into the team

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Space Alliance.

Interview

Formal attire and one part formal interview. Engineering manager was easy-going so it was rather easy to transition to a less-formal discussion. Questions ranged from expertise in engineering to overall likes and dislikes. Manager was trying to get a feel for my overall outlook on life, not just if I was knowledgeable in the subjects necessary for the position (It was in Navigation Department of Flight Design and Dynamics Division of Mission Operations Directorate for Shuttle Operations).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the aerospace industry?   1 Answer

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different departments in same day. We then went on a tour with 4 other candidates and some current employees. You could tell there was a little competition between the candidates. It turned out that all of us were hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Here is your salary is that ok.

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was asked to apply by previous coworkers now with the company . The interview was arranged and conducted efficiently. They asked about my work history and specific work interests and my capabilities to fulfill them. They made an offer on the spot, contingent on standard background checks and drug screening tests.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Engineer Staff I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Space Alliance in January 2007.

Interview

I was intially contacted by telephone by the section manager. The phone interview lasted about 25 minutes and consisted primarily of questions regarding personality fit within the group I would be working with and to discuss the activities and functions that would be required. I was then contacted 2 weeks later to bring me from Tampa to Houston for a 1:1 interview with the same manager and the section lead. The interview primarily consisted of the same questions and the same discussion of the work requirements. It was understood that they did not expect anyone to come into the position knowing anything about the Space Shuttle so specific engineering skills were not of concern as much as personality fit and work ethic. I was contacted 1 week later by HR with an offer letter contingent on background investigation which took approximately 3 weeks. I started employment on February 14th with the first phone interview around the 2nd week of November.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were truly difficult as they dealt primarily with work ethic and personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. All Engineer Staff I positions start at the same salary.
    Ask lots of questions regarding who you will be working with, specific responsibilities, company policies, etc.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Cape Canaveral, FL).

Interview

Written and verbal electronics test.
    Normal interview questions
    Received an offer a week later

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Cape Canaveral, FL) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview were very standard HR approved only questions asked by 2-3 managers

Interview Questions

• Can't remember - but it wasnt very hard   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for 6K more than offered, they gave me 4K more than original offer. perfect.