United Space Alliance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Space Alliance Interview Questions

2.7

Engineering Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Houston, TX).

Interview

Face-to-face interview. They asked about my experience as a student, and they described the job duties. The interview was with the hiring manager. It was with one person only. It was about a 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with several managers during an out of town visit. I interviewed over the phone and then was flown to Houston for several one on one interviews with managers. Questions were routine and everyone was very pleasant and knowledgable of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current position.   1 Answer

Engineering Staff II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Space Alliance.

Interview

Formal attire and one part formal interview. Engineering manager was easy-going so it was rather easy to transition to a less-formal discussion. Questions ranged from expertise in engineering to overall likes and dislikes. Manager was trying to get a feel for my overall outlook on life, not just if I was knowledgeable in the subjects necessary for the position (It was in Navigation Department of Flight Design and Dynamics Division of Mission Operations Directorate for Shuttle Operations).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the aerospace industry?   1 Answer

Engineering Staff II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Space Alliance.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Fair question. Hiring process was easy and straight forward. Lots of help with getting set up and integrated into the team

Photography Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online. was notified that i had been picked for an interview. scheduled the interview over the phone. interview consisted of myself in a room with a panel of interviews who took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• asked if i was familiar with any photo editing tools   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Degreed mechanical engineer with 20+ years of experience in the aerospace industry. Coordinated and provided technical support in the design, fabrication, processing and implementation of unique hardware.
    Key Skills
    Pressure Systems O2 Systems N2 Systems
    Potable Water Processing Ammonia Systems Procedure Development
    Electro-Mechanical Systems Technical Support Troubleshooting

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was asked to apply by previous coworkers now with the company . The interview was arranged and conducted efficiently. They asked about my work history and specific work interests and my capabilities to fulfill them. They made an offer on the spot, contingent on standard background checks and drug screening tests.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Subcontract Administrator IV Interview

Interview

United Space Alliance was a partnership between Rockwell and Lockheed and since I was a part of one of the companies, my interview was with the partner and a long time ago. Nothing currently beneficial.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Cape Canaveral, FL).

Interview

Written and verbal electronics test.
    Normal interview questions
    Received an offer a week later

Supervisor, Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Titusville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Space Alliance (Titusville, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Detailed and also along big company guidelines as the jobs required a security clearance of confidential. Each question was like Boeing or Lockheed Martin was asking it. It also required a background check and a drug test and also references to work here.