University of Sheffield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Sheffield Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Five minutes skills test followed by 15 minute interview. There was a panel of three people who asked one question each. I was asked to supply a question at the end.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Sheffield.

Interview

Applied for the position internally, process was very smooth and quick. Took less than a month from Skype interview to in-person exchange. Offer letter received with clear feedback from the hiring research PI on how I was successful in the exchange.

Interview Questions

• Mostly research goals, plans, and future aspirations, behavioural questions to assess if the candidate would fit well within the research group.   Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Friendly informal 20 mins interview with a panel of 3 members. Overall the interview process was quite straight forward and pretty easy. They check your communication skills, organisation skills, time management skills, team work and presentation skills. There is usually a pre-screen cv test and then if selected you are invited for a panel interview. The decision is made within a week.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself
      Do you have any experience of working in teams and groups?
      Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience of handling social media websites?   Answer Question

Note Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Had to fill in a hand written application and then was invited to an interview which lasted around 20 minutes. Had to watch a recording of a law lecture and take notes for 10 minutes. Then was asked questions about motivation for the role and general competency based questions.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Sheffield in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online initially via university website. Then I was later on shortlisted for a video interview via Skype call about two months later after the online submission. Received the a day after interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to field of research, self introduction and prior research experiences. Also a brief introduction about the area of research I will be working on. Overall it was a good experiences and the questions were not tough.   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy interview focused mainly on lab skills such as Western blotting, ELISA, confocal microscopy, high-throughput screening. I was interviewd by the PI, safety officer and a postdoc. I did not accept the offer because I was over-qualified for that position

Interview Questions

• Give us an example how you address problems related to lab work   Answer Question

Casual Cafe Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

After submitting my CV by email I was invited to a one-on-one interview. The interview was not intimidating and took place in the cafe where I was soon to work. I was contacted three days after the interview with an offer and training dates. The interviewer was friendly, so just relax in the interview and be yourself. Make sure you make it clear you are flexible and are willing to work hard.

OnCampUs Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was comprised of a panel interview and pre-prepared presentation. I was asked about various aspects of the role in relation to my skills, and asked about how I would respond to various problems and solve them effectively. I was also asked about my motivating factors, and why I applied for the role itself.

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sheffield in February 2014.

Interview

After submitting the application I was invited on place for a one-day interview. Started with 20 minutes presentation of my work and teaching interest. Next, 5 half-an-hour individual meetings with faculty members talking about what they do. Finally, half-an-hour interview with the recruiting committee being asked questions about teaching, research, funding.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching philosophy? Leadership experience?   Answer Question

Questionnaire Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Relaxed Group Interview where we did group exercises to get to know one another, followed by some generic competency questions you answered in small groups. It was mainly a personality test.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone in a rush to leave you once you'd caught their attention?   Answer Question