University of Sheffield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Sheffield

2.6

Sort:

Cleaner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sheffield.

Interview

walk in and asked about available hours and simple introduction.
    Met the team on the first day and everyone was fairly friendly.
    Almost everyone is part time so it was not overwhelming.

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

It was very informal environment, the interviewers had quite a friendly attitude and easy going personalit. The questions were based mostly on competency based and past experiences. The entire process lasted for an hour. There was only an online application to be submitted prior an interview. The interview panel consisted of three member team.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why do you want to join us? what are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview consists of three parts. A presentation, a panel interview, in the follow-up talk with current staff. It also includes a dinner with staff. The offer is made in a week's time. According to the contract, the university will pay for that moving allowance for grade 7 staff. However, they only reimburse for staff with an open contract.You might want to seek clarification when the offer is made to you.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy interview focused mainly on lab skills such as Western blotting, ELISA, confocal microscopy, high-throughput screening. I was interviewd by the PI, safety officer and a postdoc. I did not accept the offer because I was over-qualified for that position

Interview Questions

• Give us an example how you address problems related to lab work   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sheffield in February 2014.

Interview

After submitting the application I was invited on place for a one-day interview. Started with 20 minutes presentation of my work and teaching interest. Next, 5 half-an-hour individual meetings with faculty members talking about what they do. Finally, half-an-hour interview with the recruiting committee being asked questions about teaching, research, funding.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching philosophy? Leadership experience?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Interview

All I did was submit a personal statement through UCAS and I received an unconditional offer to study my chosen course. i wasn't invited for an interview. It was quite a quick process.

Student Ambassador Interview

Interview

It was a group interview following an online application about why you wanted the role. In the interview there were scenarios given and you had to work out as a group what the best way to deal with them.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Friendly informal 20 mins interview with a panel of 3 members. Overall the interview process was quite straight forward and pretty easy. They check your communication skills, organisation skills, time management skills, team work and presentation skills. There is usually a pre-screen cv test and then if selected you are invited for a panel interview. The decision is made within a week.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself
      Do you have any experience of working in teams and groups?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience of handling social media websites?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Decent communication / information provided in the run up to the interview. Interviewers were not overly formal, which helped. Questions were fair and ones you may typically expect for a PM role..

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sheffield.

Interview

Quite intensive, two stage process. Asked to do a prep exercise beforehand and insightful questions asked based off of that.
    Stakeholder interview was particularly interesting as got a real flavour of other interested parties in the University and their relation to this post-holder.

Interview Questions

• If this proposed plan/strategy fell through, what would your alternative be and how would you implement it?   Answer Question