University of Sheffield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Sheffield Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sheffield.

Interview

Group interview so was very relaxed and informal. Different group tasks and activities that ease you into the interview. Good experience. Duration of the interview was approx. 1 hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Come up with examples of bad customer service experiences in groups   Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Interview

It was a group interview following an online application about why you wanted the role. In the interview there were scenarios given and you had to work out as a group what the best way to deal with them.

Graduate Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

First stage involved a half an hour interview with 5 minutes presentation. The AMRC were hiring for 10 graduate roles and had over 50 interviews scheduled over a very short period of time. The interviewers were rushing through the questions which felt a little unsettling.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the AMRC Sheffield University   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sheffield.

Interview

Quite intensive, two stage process. Asked to do a prep exercise beforehand and insightful questions asked based off of that.
    Stakeholder interview was particularly interesting as got a real flavour of other interested parties in the University and their relation to this post-holder.

Interview Questions

• If this proposed plan/strategy fell through, what would your alternative be and how would you implement it?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Five minutes skills test followed by 15 minute interview. There was a panel of three people who asked one question each. I was asked to supply a question at the end.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Sheffield.

Interview

Applied for the position internally, process was very smooth and quick. Took less than a month from Skype interview to in-person exchange. Offer letter received with clear feedback from the hiring research PI on how I was successful in the exchange.

Interview Questions

• Mostly research goals, plans, and future aspirations, behavioural questions to assess if the candidate would fit well within the research group.   Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Friendly informal 20 mins interview with a panel of 3 members. Overall the interview process was quite straight forward and pretty easy. They check your communication skills, organisation skills, time management skills, team work and presentation skills. There is usually a pre-screen cv test and then if selected you are invited for a panel interview. The decision is made within a week.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself
      Do you have any experience of working in teams and groups?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience of handling social media websites?   Answer Question

Note Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Had to fill in a hand written application and then was invited to an interview which lasted around 20 minutes. Had to watch a recording of a law lecture and take notes for 10 minutes. Then was asked questions about motivation for the role and general competency based questions.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Sheffield in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online initially via university website. Then I was later on shortlisted for a video interview via Skype call about two months later after the online submission. Received the a day after interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to field of research, self introduction and prior research experiences. Also a brief introduction about the area of research I will be working on. Overall it was a good experiences and the questions were not tough.   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Sheffield (Sheffield, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy interview focused mainly on lab skills such as Western blotting, ELISA, confocal microscopy, high-throughput screening. I was interviewd by the PI, safety officer and a postdoc. I did not accept the offer because I was over-qualified for that position

Interview Questions

• Give us an example how you address problems related to lab work   Answer Question