Univision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.8

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Univision (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and the process took approximately 2 weeks. I recruiter called me and scheduled a visit to the office after talking with me and checking my resume and portfolio. The day of the on site interview, two designers were present. They were extremely rude during the whole process. The guy was laughing and he kept a sarcastic tone when I told him that I was using a tool that, apparently, it was outdated for him. Also, he made a comment to other colleague while I was walking to another room that "he was making me have a bad time". Very disrespectful and not professional at all.

After 10 minutes, I totally lost my interest on that position and I decided that I don't want to go on with the interview process. Now I am working in a place where company has no idiots policy and exist respect.

Desktop Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Univision (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

5 questions were asked with very long pauses by the interviewer. I listed the questions below. The interview went for over 1 hour. Most of the time I spent onsite I had a tag team of people come in to meet and greet with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult time at your previous job and how to addressed it?
      What do you feel are the top 3 processes?
      What pc hardware company do you prefer and why?
      Have you ever fired someone? Tell me about it.
      If you won a billion dollars today, what would you do tomorrow?
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Univision (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

A friend referred me to his boss (very senior guy, manages entire department). He offered to do a phone interview but I wanted to really shine and do much better in person s I flew to NYC to meet with him on my own accord. I spoke with him and another senior guy. The first interview was much more formal - walk me through your resume, what are some strengths/weaknesses, why media, why univision, how would you go about deciding whether or not to purchase the broadcast rights of x property (valuation question), etc etc. Second interview was entirely informal; asked me about myself, very conversational, really wanted to get to know me.

It was clear I had the job if I wanted it, so he sent out an email to HR to carry out the rest of the process. It was clear HR was pissed that they were superseded as they tried to do the interview process again with me through two separate phone screenings, when ultimately they did not have a say any more.

****To get an internship here, find an employee referral/reach out to someone in the department you want to work in. Many of the interns were hired this way via networking.

Interview Questions

• Why media? Why New York? Why did you choose to go to X college?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Univision.

Interview

Short, they needed someone ASAP and it looked like I was the only person that answered the phone. You only get jobs if you know someone or you're recommended. Freelancers are hired by the dozen, its usually the easiest way to get your foot in the door. I was hired as a Temp for 3 months and worked there for 2 years.

Interview Questions

• What days can you work, experience with Inews and editing software.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Univision (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and did a screener. I then did a phone interview with the hiring manager before being brought in for two rounds of in-person interviews. In all I met with five different people from the company. The process was fairly standard and the hiring manager was especially engaging and candid. Scheduling was a bit difficult as they had to change things around a few times which can get onerous when you're trying to balance your current job. I give them a negative review because, after all that, I was told they put the position on hold and would keep me updated. I got one update through the recruiter and after that, never heard back. I understand that things change, but if someone has given you a good deal of their time, you owe it to them to let them know if you've decided to go with someone else or continue your search. I've never had a company simply not ever bother to contact me about the status of a position I've interviews before.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about experience and how I'd handle certain situations.   Answer Question

LEAP Finance Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Univision.

Interview

Including 3 interviews, two phone interview and one on-site. The first one is very relaxing, ask you about why Univision, what is your strength to this position, some interesting experience on your resume. And give you a detailed description about company and this program.

Interview Questions

• Why Univision? what is your strength?   1 Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Univision (Teaneck, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Appalling! I didn't know where to park, didn't know what floor of the building the office was on, and I was scheduled to meet with 3 upper management personnel but ended up speaking with only 2 lower levels. In fact, I was just outside of my first contact's office (after blindly asking where I needed to go in the bldg) and she didn't even bother getting out from behind her desk to say "Hello" to me! Instead I spoke with one of her direct reports for 45 min during which we were kicked out of a couple conference rooms since they didn't bother reserving one in advance. I was then handed over to another woman who clearly didn't anticipate having to speak to me that afternoon. After about 10 min of her awkward, hesitated questions she said, "Okay thanks a lot" and then I was pushed out the door.

This was by far the worst experience I've ever had on a job interview. You would think that a telecom company would understand the importance of maintaining appearances and good PR! I can't believe I took time off of work for this terrible company.

Interview Questions

• They were so unprepared that they didn't ask any intelligent questions.   Answer Question

Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Univision.

Interview

Slow, drawn out. Took weeks. I got an offer but I really wish I hadn't. I would not recommend interviewing for this job. Management seems to have trouble making decisions when it comes to hiring and firing.

Interview Questions

• How important is work-life balance? This should have been a red flag.   Answer Question

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Univision (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Th day begins with a psychological exam, followed by a panel interview. The questions were pretty technical in nature but, the overall process was pretty laid back. They make you feel very welcome.

Interview Questions

• How do you mop a floor ? Is it best to mop left to right or forward and back?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Univision (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

You apply online, and they conduct a sit in interview. The process was relatively smooth, especially if you are a college student. They were quick to call me back after the interview, and the offer seemed reasonable.