Urban Upbound Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Urban Upbound

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Astoria, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Upbound (Astoria, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

The first step of the interview process was a FaceTime interview. I was scheduled to also do an in-person interview following that, but it was canceled due to a conflict. At the time, I was told it would be rescheduled, but no one ever followed up with me. I wasn't sure it was a good fit, so I didn't follow up either. The interview was fairly average in terms of the questions, and style. The first interview was with 2 staff members.

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Upbound (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I sent my application via email and received a response the following day to schedule a phone interview/conversation. The call went well. No response after a week, so I followed up. Within another week, I received confirmation of the internship.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to learn from the internship?   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Upbound (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Achieved the required certification and interviewed through email. Then meet the employer at the Long Island City location. I took several training about tax claims before file the tax returns personally.

Interview Questions

• Please provide us the VITA/TCE advanced certification   1 Answer

VITA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Upbound (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

you can take part in a VITA test, after you have passed the advanced level, download the certifications. you can email the manager and then you can get the offer.

Employment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Upbound (Long Island City, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone screening and lead to an interview with the Assistant Manager and two senior staff members. The second interview was with the Program Director and a final interview with the President of the organization.

Interview Questions

• Q: What sort of experience do you have with Job Development? Do you have an existing job bank?   1 Answer