Utah State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Utah State University Interview Questions

Interviews at Utah State University

2.5

Contract Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Utah State University.

Interview

Interviewing was easy! The interviewer made me feel so comfortable, and I enjoyed the process. One downside was the slow process, it felt like it took them a long time to come to a decision and the waiting was nerve wracking.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Utah State University in August 2010.

Interview

I applied using the campus recruitment center. After few days got a call for an interview. I was asked some small questions and than they checked my credentials. After few days I was told that they have selected me for the job.

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Utah State University.

Interview

Easy process, met with grad student. She asked me about my coursework, experience identifying species and experience using a dichotomous key. She asked me the number of hours I could commit to this project and also asked if I would be interested in an undergraduate project utilizing some of her research.

Interview Questions

• She asked me about lab experience and experience identifying species with bone fragments.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

very casual and laid back, usually 2 people interviewing you, a suit might be too much to wear, they expect you to have a lot of questions so be prepared. Additionally, if you're not familiar with Utah state make sure you do become so, research teams, traditions, etc..

Interview Questions

• what are the values you think are most important?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT) in August 2011.

Interview

I was taking a class from this particular professor. She expressed at the end of a lecture that she was looking for an Undergraduate Research Assistant and that if we were interested to come visit her during office hours. I went to see her and she asked me what I wanted to do in the future and why I wanted to be her Undergraduate Research Assistant. She told me she wanted to talk to a few other students.

After a few days she let me know that I could have the job if I wanted it.

Interview Questions

Interview

I worked as a volunteer for about a year before they even considered giving me a full time position. There was no formal interview, rather I was considered for a paid position after volunteering.

Negotiation

Salary was just above minimum - no negotiation.

Team Leader II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

There was a panel of Facilities personnel, about 5, who would ask questions about certain situations one might encounter as a Team Leader and what you might do to help or resolve the problem or situation. They also wanted to make sure you have experience and understand the processes required for the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you encountered a task you asked an employee to complete and he/she didn't complete the task?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Utah State University.

Interview

one one

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation fixed salary

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

I mailed the professor detailing my interest and previous experiences, fortunately there was some funding available. Met the professor the next day and he asked for my resume. Was interviewed some fundamental questions. The kind of software that I am used to etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you accurately capture the physics in the boundary layer ?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

The professor sent email to decide a time for a phone interview. At the day, he called me and asked me several questions. we talked about his research, my interesting and future plan. Ask me whether I want to join his team and I agreed instantly.

Interview Questions

• What is your long term career goal? How do you like my research? Do you have any questions on my ongoing project?   Answer Question