VITAC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Remote Broadcast Captioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VITAC (Canonsburg, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I agreed to an online test of my current skill level, submitted a resume and application online and spoke by phone with the COO of the company. That was followed by an expense-paid training week at the company's headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in becoming a broadcast captioner.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VITAC (Canonsburg, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and cordial, and included two phone interviews ( a screening call and a longer call with upper management) and a face-to-face interview on-site. Very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions. The process was very conversational.   1 Answer

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at VITAC (Greenwood Village, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Met with VP of HR and Accounting Manager for a first interview in which they asked how extensive is my knowledge and experience of Quick books accounting software and Microsoft excel and access. Then with the controller and the CFO for a second interview where it was mostly just checking out my personality and my ability to communicate with them and my body language.

Interview Questions

• In the interview they asked how extensive is my knowledge and experience of Quick books accounting software and Microsoft excel and access.   1 Answer

Text Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at VITAC (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Didn't get that far. Got the invite, but think it was a mass invitation. Seems they have high turnover. Position is "freelance" but pay is specific "$11.25 to $30.00 per hour based on speed and accuracy." This is employee pay. Freelancers negotiate salary. Some training is billable, some not. Very contrary to freelancing. Anything "client related" is billable. This is a company that doesn't want to pay employee benefits, etc.

Online Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VITAC (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Be ready to show your stuff. Multiple tests for your English/spelling/editing knowledge, and also a typing test. They want the best of the best, and they'll want to know if you'll be open to overtime.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VITAC (Canonsburg, PA).

Interview

They keep you downstairs for an hour before taking you up for the interview, even if you're early. They didn't really have it together.
    You go into an office, where you think you'll be interviewed, but they make you take a series of quiesz, which really catches you off guard.
    Then they finally introduce you to the person that sat in the room, like it's an honor.
    They then take you to the guy doing the interview who is dressed in jeans and a hoodie, when you have a suit. He is very vague with the job description.

Offline Captioner I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VITAC (Canonsburg, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter through Idealist, went through a drug test, took a spelling and grammar test, and did a basic job interview. None of these were particularly difficult. A college freshman could pass their writing test, which tests you on how well you can spot basic spelling and grammar errors. The job interview was more or less "you've got the job, now what do you want out of it?"

Offline Captioner I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VITAC (Canonsburg, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

You speak briefly to the HR head, then you take a grammar test - includes proofreading a paragraph and then identifying correct homophones. Then you sit and wait while that is graded and then one of the managers will interview you and talk to you about why you want the job. It lasted less than an hour, and everyone was very friendly. They showed me around and explained the specifics of the the job. I found out the very next day that I got the job.