VML Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VML Interview Questions

Interviews at VML

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VML (Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very professional, HR emailed me schedules weeks before the actual interview actually took place.

I interviewed with HR first, which was just standard benifit info along with general overview of the company.

Next I interviewed with the Creative Director on the account I was applying for- Looked at my book, then we looked at his.

Next I interviewed with both ECDs and they were less concerned about my book, and more concerned with my person and who I was.

Over all very proffessional.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion what are the pros and cons to online marketing as well as traditional print.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lots of back and fourth emailing and voicemails with head HR I asked for a higher salary right off the back and received one. process took about 2-3 weeks total.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at VML (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

The interview process lasted a few hours as I was interviewing with multiple teams for multiple positions. I was told a lot about the culture of the company, projects each team works on, and was told in detail my responsibilities if I did end up joining the VML team. I walked each interviewer through my portfolio book. Some took a long time to look at each project. Others flipped through quickly and wanted to know more about my previous work experience and commitment to VML. As far as turnaround after the interview I had a job offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one project that should not be in my portfolio and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at VML (Kansas City, MO) in June 2008.

Interview

Very comfortable. I was brought in, sat in a quite meeting room, there I met the interviewers who all made me feel welcome and seemed grateful that I was there. When discussing the means for my being there questions where asked and answered on both parts. I have never interviewed with more than one person, and on this interview there where three, and it never seemed like there was an overpowering feeling in that room. I can say that the VML interview was the best, most fun, and professional interview i have ever held. And I have had a few.

Interview Questions

• Past work experience, involving web or any interactive media/design related problems.   1 Answer
    • The question was: What is your knowledge of Advertising...?   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer was made from VML, verbally as well as written. Since I was right out of school the offer was very high for my profession so negotiations where non existent.

Associate Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VML (Kansas City, MO) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received an email about a video interview, then did not hear back

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VML (Kansas City, MO) in August 2010.

Interview

You'll almost certainly have to go through a contracting company. Regardless of what they tell you, this is not a "contract to hire position". VML will take their sweet time bringing you on full time and will only do so if forced. Dealing with a contracting company is not desirable and should be avoided at all costs.

If you're talented and well known, you should refuse any position which is not a direct hire. VML will "change the rules" if they have to.

Interview Questions

• Varies dramatically per interviewer. If you read smashing magazine or net tuts, you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Demand exactly what you want, don't bend.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VML (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume at career fair. Three weeks later, got a phone interview. They just asked behavior questions, no coding challenges. It takes kinda long for the result. Wish they could be more efficient.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at VML (Kansas City, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter and set up and in-person interview within a day or two. I interviewed initially with one Developer, then during the interview a couple other developers joined in. Most of the interview was technical questions about JavaScript. The atmosphere was very relaxed, and the interview wasn't stressful at all. The developer giving the interview would tell you what he was looking for if you didn't quite know the answer to a question. It felt more like a conversation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VML (Kansas City, MO) in June 2010.

Interview

I initially was queried over the phone about my skills. This warranted a 1:1 interview with a manager. This led to a group interview with the team I would support. The face to face interviews took place at the downtown KC airport location. The team were knowledgeable and were very nice and energetic. There was a lot of dialog. I would interview with VML again.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VML in May 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter, and team lead. Then, an interview with my potential manager. Everyone was extremely friendly and they asked relevant questions about my experience and how I can bring value to the organization.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VML (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Was Cool. The interviewers were friendly and asked relevant questions about design and my work. I got interviewed by senior designers and copywriters. I introduced myself and they asked to walked them through my portfolio.

Interview Questions

• Designers that inspired by work.   1 Answer