VMR Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at VMR Consultants

2.3

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMR Consultants (Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Group interview, 60 second presentation of yourself. The managers present themselves and abit about there background, where they came from. Then I was taken into a room and interviewed by three managers as all were interested, they all were so welcoming and lovely

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMR Consultants.

Interview

An individual interview with a quite weird set up. They talked too much about making money and really oversold on the job. Just the general questions about why I applied an then a presentation about the company, a pretty causal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMR Consultants (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview was easy, found myself getting along with the manager was an easy person to talk to. Asked the normal competency based questions which you can reflect upon the company. Done pointless IQ tests which wastes time because the information will not be used anyway's.

Interview Questions

• how can you apply previous experience to this role, what are your long-term goals and ambitious, are you willing to stay after working hours longer, are you willing to work in south-end as well as london.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMR Consultants (Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Let me just tell you now if the reviews of the people who work there or have been sacked/quit didn't put you off this wretched company hopefully this will. Just to let you know I didn't get the job nor after that interview would I ever want the job.

The start of this awful story started when I applied. Lovely woman very nice encouraging so no problems there. Of course I was nervous who isn't for an interview. So I arrived on the day for a group interview very nice people who were applying. So we was shown to a big room but we had to walk through the office and the atmosphere was awful honestly just terrible. So we was seated and had to wait well over ten minutes before the interview came in.

So this interviewer was a fairly large somewhat muscular guy and little did I realise at the time a complete jerk! So he first off gave the big I am speech. Over sold the company far too much. Then proceeded to lay down on the chair basically with his arms crossed. (if you know anything about body language you know its key and his read I don't care) and tell us to ask questions so we did however he took every opportunity that he could to belittle us and degrade us and make us to feel like we was stupid and kept butting in to questions and frankly misconstrued the question to further belittle whilst also intimidating us and making us feel very uncomfortable. So as you may know from previous reviews they make you present to a team of managers who all seemed quite nice but in a rush to get nothing too wrong with that. However we were required to do this silly lost at sea test as a group. Now just to fill you in all the managers are men who walked around us in a circle whilst we was completing this ridiculous task now we was just three women and that was the most uncomfortable situation as woman that I have been in in my working life.

I've never once walked out or been disrespectful in an interview in my entire life but Good god did I just want to leave. He kept talking about how he is an amazing trainer and that may be true luckily I'll never know however that man needs to learn how to interview a key point is to learn the peoples name first and then once that's mastered maybe try and learn there work experience.

Apart from the atrocious interview style of that man. The whole interview structure I found was not of the caliber I expected of a so called professional recruitment agency.

So I would recommend avoiding this company until they improve their interview structure.

Interview Questions

• What sport do you play or have played and what level achieved?   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMR Consultants (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then a guy called me and we had like a phone interview kind of thing and then we spoke about what i was doing and then he said i should go to the office in central london and i met someone else and he asked me loads of questions and i think i got it but i don't know

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I want to change sector and about my experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMR Consultants (Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Dis-organised with many random people coming in and out last several hours. Kept getting asked the same questions with little direction. Seemed as though there was no planning before hand. Some of the people that interviewed me did not seem qualified or experienced enough to do so. It would of been better to just speak to one person who was qualified to interview.

Interview Questions

• How much money I wanted to earn   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMR Consultants in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by the internal rec who seemed like a decent lad, described a nice place but I quickly advised I had heard of them and was unsure. He convinced me to find out for myself so I gave it a go.

Quickly realised after arriving this is a very young and inexperienced firm, I could not pick out any senior staff or managers as I was shown to the interview room.
    Shortly after I was greeted by the MD who began to tell me about the firm and himself in an extremely robot fashion. I nodded, smiled & tried to ask some probing questions to get a better feel for the firm as his warn out, dated pitch was putting me to sleep.

This is when the most memorable, unbelievable laugh out loud moment ever occurred.

The MD stopped me dead, threw his car keys on the table and proceeded to act the scene from boiler room. I had to contain my laughter, I kept scanning the room for hidden cameras, I was certain I was being set up but to my disappointment this was all real!

By some miracle I didn’t get up and leave, more because I wanted to see if this could get any worse, let’s be honest it’s a great story for down the pub.

I was then greeted 1 by 1, three sales/team managers, each one as boring as the other but I felt for them, they had to work for the clown I just met. I asked them how they got their position, I quickly realised it was because they had been there the longest around 2 years?!?!

Apparently it takes 2 years in recruitment to become a sales manager in niche recruitment markets, wow these guys must be good! Billing around 1 mill each at least…. Nope around 60k was the average..

Needless to say I did not join this firm,

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMR Consultants (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Was really easy and one of the most chilled interviews I have ever had it was like having a normal conversation, however the interview does include an IQ test which is simple but useless

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMR Consultants (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2018.

Interview

1 stage process, MD, Sales Manger, PA, training guy.

Easy,

Just lie.....................
    You will get an offer, please do not take it!

Hope this helps!

You will be asked about your family, what they do etc. I didn't feel comfortable with this as many other people wouldn't be.

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMR Consultants (Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

It lasted for about 20 minutes and i most of it was me sitting on a laptop doing an IQ test. Lied about the job and what i would get out of it