Vale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.8

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vale (Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)).

Interview

Firstly I had to make online tests regarding subjects such as english and logical thinking. After this exams, me and the other candidates performed another activity ( group dynamics) and finally three candidates were selected do the final interview with the supervisor.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I speak english and spanish.
      They asked about the countries in which Vale S.A is present.
      About what I study and work experience.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vale.

Interview

The company posted with my college's co-op coordinator. I sent a cover letter and resume. HR called me for a phone screening and then to schedule an interview time with the manager. Met with the manager.

Commercial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vale (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant experience, possibly my best interview experience
    First I got a phone screening
    Then a first interview with hiring managers
    Then a second interview with the team
    Lastly, background check and confirmed start date

Interview Questions

• Know your resume inside out and make sure you go through the job description   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in St. John's, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vale (St. John's, NL (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Behavioural type questions. Friendly HR. Questions were fair. Asked to call upon specific examples, explain your reasoning, as well as the outcomes. Asked technical questions - what type of skills the candidate has, examples of how they could demonstrate these. Strengths/weaknesses. Personal skills.

Interview Questions

• Name a type when you made a mistake, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vale (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was mostly a behavioural interview, with "If X happened in the workplace, what would your response be."
    There were also work safety questions, and general knowledge questions of ICP machines, the physics of the testing equipment apparatuses.

There were no technical skills questions, i.e. no math tests

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle repetitive physical tasks   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vale in June 2015.

Interview

1. Got an email from the HR analyst to confirm my interest on the role and set up a phone interview with general questions regarding previous experiences, educational background and computer skills. Lasted around 30 min.
    2. Got a second interview with the area manager on the following week. More specific questions on technical aspects of process steps, in this case, on metallurgy. Lasted around 30 min on the phone.
    3. Set up an Excel skills test via Webex within the next couple of days, in which the manager would have access to whatever I was doing on my computer. It came in form of a report showing missing calculations and tables from which I would have to gather the info from. Lasted around 30 min.
    4. Site visit where I got to meet the team, toured the areas and did the medical exams.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are you weak points or smthing like this   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Harbour, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Vale (Long Harbour, NL (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a headhunter and 2 interviews settled up. One with the agency and other one with company. Pretty straightforward behavioral ques. Tell me about yourself, weak and strong points, previous job experience, salary expectation etc and whatever you wrote on resume you have to defend it. It will be very easy and most ques are common in terms of behavioral pattern.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was hired as an EIT, so I was not in the stance of negotiation.

Intern Interview

Interview

3 interviews, background, behavioral and technical. All over the phone, fairly standard interviews

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Vale.

Interview

7 questions, very easy,
    3 specific scenarios where demonstrated an act of safety
    what you would do if you were sent to repair a piece of equipment and you knew nothing about it and there were no prints
    How do you complete a job step by step

Interview Questions

• a time where the company you worked for implemented a policy change and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vale (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

There was a skill test that had to be taken. Then, an interview was granted. Two managers then separately conducted interviews. Both of them were very pleasant.