Vale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vale Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2016

2.8

Commercial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vale (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant experience, possibly my best interview experience
    First I got a phone screening
    Then a first interview with hiring managers
    Then a second interview with the team
    Lastly, background check and confirmed start date

Interview Questions

• Know your resume inside out and make sure you go through the job description   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in St. John's, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vale (St. John's, NL (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Behavioural type questions. Friendly HR. Questions were fair. Asked to call upon specific examples, explain your reasoning, as well as the outcomes. Asked technical questions - what type of skills the candidate has, examples of how they could demonstrate these. Strengths/weaknesses. Personal skills.

Interview Questions

• Name a type when you made a mistake, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vale (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was mostly a behavioural interview, with "If X happened in the workplace, what would your response be."
    There were also work safety questions, and general knowledge questions of ICP machines, the physics of the testing equipment apparatuses.

There were no technical skills questions, i.e. no math tests

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle repetitive physical tasks   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Harbour, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Vale (Long Harbour, NL (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a headhunter and 2 interviews settled up. One with the agency and other one with company. Pretty straightforward behavioral ques. Tell me about yourself, weak and strong points, previous job experience, salary expectation etc and whatever you wrote on resume you have to defend it. It will be very easy and most ques are common in terms of behavioral pattern.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was hired as an EIT, so I was not in the stance of negotiation.

Intern Interview

Interview

3 interviews, background, behavioral and technical. All over the phone, fairly standard interviews

Apprentice Eletrician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Vale.

Interview

7 questions, very easy,
    3 specific scenarios where demonstrated an act of safety
    what you would do if you were sent to repair a piece of equipment and you knew nothing about it and there were no prints
    How do you complete a job step by step

Interview Questions

• a time where the company you worked for implemented a policy change and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vale (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

There was a skill test that had to be taken. Then, an interview was granted. Two managers then separately conducted interviews. Both of them were very pleasant.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thompson, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vale (Thompson, MB (Canada)).

Interview

There are three rounds of interview. First round is a pre-screening interview conducted over the phone by HR rep. The second round is a behavioural interview again conducted over the phone by HR rep. The third round is a technical interview conducted by the hiring manger over the phone or on site

Interview Questions

• Depends on the position you're applying   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vale (Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)) in June 2013.

Interview

Exams (logistics, portuguese and english), than we did a panel with the HR with some group activities, after that we did another panel but now with five managers from different sectors and with a even harder group activity. Finally, we did an interview with the manager of the sector that is interested on us. In my case, three out of the five managers choose me to do an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of your future? Why do you want to work in this sector? What do you like to do when you are not working?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Vale.

Interview

very easy talk with the hiring manager, rutine behavior question, no technical question at all.

before meeting the hiring manager, you need to pass an Excel test, very easy.