Venn Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Venn Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Venn Group

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Venn Group.

Interview

Good interview process. Get thrown into the deep end but it gives you a realistic idea of how the company operates. Nice environment and friendly people. Interview process only took 2 days which was good.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Venn Group (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

8 stage interview, it was very long, a bit excessive! Phone screening followed by a phone interview, then 3 face to face meetings, followed by a few role plays, having a go on the desk, then was taken out for a drink before being offered the position

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Venn Group   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venn Group in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online, telephone screen and then interview.
    Fairly informal and straightforward, I thought it went well and the recruiter said theyd let me know in a week or so (but they never did).

However, looking at the amount of one star reviews of the company (on here) and that alot of past employees say they have to do fake 4-5 star reviews, I don't know whether that's a bullet dodged.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies? Why recruitment? Go through your cv.   Answer Question

Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Venn Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Contacted on Linkedin by Alex a Talent Acquisition Consultant who invited me to discuss what recruitment and Venn Group could offer. I was told to research recruitment and Venn Group (what set it apart and what I liked about the company etc.) and discussed my findings and thoughts in a second phone call. At the end of the call I was invited to a 1:1 in person interview with Alex and sent her my CV. However, I decided to pursue a career in a different industry and declined the interview.

A relative who has been a recruiter for other companies had positive things to say about Venn Group especially their training. Alex was great and supportive.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Venn Group (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

I was approached by a recruitment agency and was put foward for a face to face interview with my senior manager, and then the associate director. I was then put forward for a trail day.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can get the most out of this job?   1 Answer

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Venn Group (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Met with what is now my manager and had a really good interview with him and Sarah aswell who i had spoke to over the phone and via email. I was expecting it to be stressful but felt very comfortable once I actually started. Once i'd interviewed I had to come back for a trial day to meet my team and get a trial to see how I would do on the phones, decided to choose the job on the how much I liked my boss and team. Once I'd done this I then I met with the director. Venn were flexible about when they could see me as I had a full time job. Overall good experience with Venn interview process

Interview Questions

• 5 people dead or alive who'd you'd like to have to dinner   1 Answer

Graduate Recruitment Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Venn Group in January 2019.

Interview

I was called 3 times from the same person in 3 different occasions. The fist call seemed to be extremely positive, as she was constantly agreeing with what I was saying. Then she invited me for a second phone call and she asked very specific questions about which companies I was applying for, which seemed quite intruding to me. Then she suggested to allow me some time to decide if I was a good fit for recruitment and called me again after a month. This time her initial enthusiasm had completely disappeared and she told me I did not understand what they do, that actually they just randomly place candidates on temporary jobs and do not really care if they match the position or not. I was dismayed. And in all this, the 2nd and 3rd call did not happen on time and I had to call both times to have her to call me back 1 hour later to "interview" me over the phone.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venn Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Firstly a 1 to 1 chat with one of the managers and then if you have a call back you will do 2 role plays with members of the team and have a sit down with other managers. After this, it successful you’ll be invited to sit on a desk with a team and make outgoing calls to either clients or candidates and after that it will finish with a Q&A

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Venn Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

A formal interview with an internal recruiter and one of the office managers after application followed by a brief working interview the next week with a member of the team I was due to join

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work in recruitment?   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venn Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted through a R2R agency. I did a telephone interview, followed by a face to face interview. I was quite disappointed that the interviewer showed up very late, and that the first thing I was asked to do when I went into the office was to sign away my right to a 48-hour working week.

When the interviewer arrived, he greeted me with a limp handshake and didn't apologise for being late. The pay I was advised of was quite poor at £18k, which is far less than their competitors, and I was advised there was essentially no lunch, and working hours were from 8.30am - 6pm every day. Even the commission didn't seem that great, with average earnings at £24k in the first year, which you can earn in a normal day job with normal hours. I had advised before I went that I had recruitment experience, so I was surprised at their lack of flexibility on salary, particularly as the pay is exceptionally low already.

They advised that there are only 4 training days a year, something which concerned me as this job is a Trainee role, and I felt they hadn't given any indication of an intent to train you properly. They did, however, say that the office is sociable and that you get monthly appraisals, which is good, but standard. The office itself was central, and it seemed nice enough.

To my disappointment, in the interview, I was advised that this interview was the first of four, despite having already had two telephone interviews. I was told that I'd have the meeting with my prospective manager, and then with a senior manager, and then a director, followed by a 3-day trial where you work there and they assess if you'd be a good fit. The whole thing came across as if they didn't really trust their staff to make a decision on moving a candidate forward.

In the actual interview, I was asked some questions around my experience, and I went through what I'd done which was fine. I was asked if I liked to drink, which I found was an odd question to ask. I felt this bordered on inappropriate as some people might not drink for religious or health reasons, and you shouldn't really be judging people's suitability for a job based on their alcohol intake. There were also a couple of other questions asked around your biggest failure and examples of someone who works very hard, which I thought were ok questions.

I was also asked if I had a driving license. I advised that I didn't, and asked if it precluded me from getting the job. They said that it didn't if you were good enough, but that you would have to learn. I would have preferred for them to have been upfront before the interview that this could have had an impact, and I probably wouldn't have shown up. They also asked why you wanted to work for Venn Group, which is as a fair question. They said that Venn Group was laid back and not corporate. From the limited interaction with other employees, they seemed friendly, but everyone was in suits, so it did feel quite corporate.

Generally though, I was disappointed with Venn Group. The interviewer came across as quite unprofessional, and I, obviously, wouldn't have accepted a job with them and I'm certain that became apparent after their poor introduction. Their feedback to me was that I seemed nice, but didn't seem genuine in my answers, seemed to lack passion, seemed nervous and seemed closed off. Rather annoyingly, they advised their recruiter that part of the reason they'd rejected me because of how I answered a question on what I do in my spare time. I listed my hobbies, but the recruiter at Venn Group, said that I'd answered that question with something totally different, which is annoying as is shows that they weren't even listening in the interview anyway.

Despite that, I do think that Venn Group has the potential to be a good company, but unfortunately they aren't competitive, and in my experience, they don't treat candidates or employees well.

Interview Questions

• Who is the hardest working person you know?
      Do you like to drink?   Answer Question