Venn Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Venn Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.9

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Venn Group.

Interview

1 - Applied online and got a call from the lovely Jonny the same day, had a quick chat and scheduled a telephone interview.
    2 - Telephone interview was relatively simple, standard questions (why recruitment, why Venn Group)
    3 - Interview with a Manager (mine was at the Birmingham office with Sarah and she was lovely. Once again, wasn't difficult, talked generally about my CV, reasons for wanting to go into recruitment and what I knew about the job)
    4 - Have been invited back for another interview with one of the senior managers - hasn't taken place yet but from what I've been told so far, it will involve discussions regarding my motivations to go into recruitment and potentially being put on a desk for some sort of work trial

Main advice would be to be confident and friendly, they want to know that you'll not only be a good consultant but also be a good addition to the team!

Interview Questions

Interview

1st stage - General chat with a manager about my experience
    2nd stage - Interview with Senior Manager about why I wanted to work in recruitment
    3rd stage - Role play on the phone: Acting as a R2R to a Director
    4th stage - Drinks with the team

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Venn Group (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

standard process at the start,
    1 - quick phone interview,
    2 - Face-to-Face interview,
    3 - another face-to-face with either manager or director
    4 - (role play) do a sales pitch to a manager with hypothetical business idea you have
    Can take long time for them to give you an offer, but during the process you get to meet a lot of people involved.

Interview Questions

• why recruitment?
      why Venn group, what makes us unique?
      what are your weaknesses?
      what was your biggest challenge you faced?
      could you have done any better? (if you got 2:2 for uni)
      why did you get the results you got?
      are you happy about it?   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Venn Group (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

3 hour group interview with team tasks. 12 candidates around the ages of 19-25 has to perform standard group tasks and show knowledge and understanding of recruitment through unusual tasks

Interview Questions

• name a time you work in a group effectively   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Venn Group in April 2017.

Interview

If you are looking to apply for Venn Group, I urge you to read about how the company poorly treated me.

In late April, I was offered a position as a Graduate Recruitment Consultant. This came after a long process which had seen me complete 4 different interviews, a mock sales pitch, an afternoon making calls on the desk as well as an evening at a nearby pub to get to know the rest of the team. The interview process is fairly straightforward, its just a judge of character, times you've shown to have a good sales mentality i.e, the ability to recover from setbacks etc. Making phonecalls is rather easy too, just being friendly, relaxed and chatty whilst asking questions. By early May, I had signed the a contract which would have seen me start on the 17th July with a 12 week probationary period. I had wished to wait until after my exams before discussing a job offer but they were adamant and practically begged me to sign beforehand.

In late June I was invited to a social with my future colleagues. I was told it was a merely 'get-to-know-you' event and at no point was I made to feel like I was being tested or my position at the company was under scrutiny. I left the social feeling like, despite a few awkward moments (which are a given when being the 'new guy' in a close group of friends) I had left a good impression on them and a solid friendship with many of them could be formed.

However, a week later (2 weeks before I was due to start) I received a call from the line manager informing that I had not left a good enough impression with the team. I was told that as the Recruitment business is all about building relationships, my inability to build relationships with my future colleagues in one night raised concerns over my ability to do the job and that my contract offer was now being retracted.

I believe that I have been treated unfairly by this company as not only did they retract my offer on ludicrous grounds but their decision to take my contract offer away, two months after handing it to me has put me in a difficult position. Firstly, upon being handed the contract offer, I resigned from my part time job meaning that not only have I lost my salary there but the overtime I would have completed is also unavailable. I am now struggling to pay rent and bills. Secondly, the contract offer has put my job search back two months. Had I not been under the impression that I had a job secured for two months or had I believed my job to be subject to further tests, I would have continued searching elsewhere. As a graduate, the two month period where I didn't apply for jobs has been wasted as opportunities have came and gone. Thirdly, the emotional stress caused to me has been paramount. Having been under the impression for two months that I had a job secured, to have it taken away from me on the basis of a frankly cruel and unusual stress has caused me me a lot of emotional problems.

I emailed Venn Group informing them of their breach of contract as no where in the contract is it clear that they were able to retract it. They replied promising to pay me a weeks pay as during my probationary period I would have had one weeks notice had they wished to end my employment. This pay would roughly equal £370 after tax.

It is clear to me therefore that VG have done this before and have no issue in treating their staff and potential staff poorly. Their reasoning for letting me go is ridiculous especially considering the next morning, the line manager emailed me asking if I had a good night and to send her details of references. If I had left such a poor impression, why not tell me there and then and not a week later. Overall, I would urge jobseekers to steer clear of VG. They promised me the world, good training, good salary, they begged me to sign on earlier than I had anticipated before throwing it back in my face, leaving me high and dry.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Venn Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

This company has had all of their personality drained out of them. I went to the interview, all very boring, mostly the interviewer trying to sell the job to me and talking 90% of the time. The building is very bland.

The interview was very structured. It was as if he was reading of a script that was given to him. I decided not to proceed with the interview as they have really strict policies that I wouldn't really want to get involved in. I was looking for a place with a bit more personality, where you can use yours to do well at a job, with them they have this way of being and if you don't really fit that role then you don't.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Venn Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two different managers in the first stage, including a role play. The interview experience was ok, however was a bit repetitive. 3 managers form different teams asked the same questions and none of them seemed to pass on to the other what had and hadn't already been discussed.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the toughest part of being a recruitment consulatant   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Venn Group (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Two one on one interviews. Both really nice. Not too grilling and willing to have a chat. Upbeat managing director, with a lot of passion for the industry. Talked a lot about the company's investment in training.

Interview Questions

• What drives me in my career?   1 Answer

Team Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Venn Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an informal chat after several phone calls to ensure the time/date accommodated my needs. I got to meet both my new boss and the person who had me job title previously. she was able to talk me through the duties and assess if I was the right person for the job.
    I had a trial day 3 days later for a couple of hours to see how I got on with the team and the role.
    They got back to me promptly offering me the job.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venn Group (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Approached by another consultant. 3 stage interview process.

-Face to face with a senior consultant
    -2nd face to face with a manager
    -3rd working day and interview with director

Offered on the day and started 2 weks later.