Vital Findings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vital Findings

Assistant Analyst, Research and Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vital Findings (Culver City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was first told about this position by a recruiter. Despite of the terrible things I have heard from numerous sources regarding VF, I decided to listen to the recruiter and give it a shot. At first I was told that my info will be passed to multiple firms, when in reality the recruiter was exclusively looking to staff VF.

First interview was through the phone with the research manager. Her tone during the phone was unprofessional to say the least, it sounded like she wanted nothing to do with this interview. After the first phone interview, I spoke to the VP. Her credentials were very impressive and she has a lot of experience in the market research industry. She was the one who got me actually interested in a position with VF. After the call with VP, I was told by the recruiter that I was the only candidate in the running and VF has scheduled for me to come onsite for a 6-hour long interview that included 2 tests and meetings with everyone.

Let me reiterate, that's 6-hours. Longer than an ibanking Super Day, and this position was going to pay no more than on the low end of entry level. I researched everyone in the company, prepared for the long and gruesome interview. Basically, I went in there thinking that I was still competing with other candidates even though I was told I'm the only one. After 6 hours of non-stop talking, answering more or less the same questions. The CEO and VP wrapped up with me. I should have known that I wasted my time when the VP kept thanking me for my time as we were parting ways.

In summary, I was grossly misled, devoted a significant amount of time to this, all the while being told by the recruiter that my efforts were not wasted. VF's official reason, as told by the recruiter was 'they changed the job description'. So neither the Research Manager NOR the VP thought I might not be a good fit prior to the onsite interview? Isn't that what the preliminary rounds are supposed to accomplish?

Advice to the potential applicant:

DO NOT APPLY. They do everything they can to make you think this is a great opportunity when in fact you will be performing mindless tasks. 6-hour interviews are for much, MUCH higher paying jobs (such as investment banking). NOT for being paid high 30s or low 40s (if you are lucky) to do mindless work. Every terrible rumor I've heard about Vital Findings is true. Stay away for your own good.

Interview Questions

• None. A simple case study at the end. Explain the decrease in consumption despite increase in advertising in a certain market. All the other questions were more of less, "Are you ok with checking tabs? Are you ok with checking links?" "Everyone has to pitch in"   Answer Question