WCG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WCG Interview Questions

2.6

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WCG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward. They were quick to respond, quick to hire. I accepted and started within 7 days. The interview day was a gauntlet of 6 interviews -- 4 hours total. Not sure what the point of these super long interviews these days. Most of it was about cultural fit which is really important in an agency. But after the 3rd interview, I am sure you would be able to understand whether the person would be an appropriate fit. There were some technical questions about the future of social/digital media. Not too difficult to answer of course.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at WCG in September 2015.

Interview

I was really disappointed with this employer. I first took an HR interview and mentioned to her specifically that I was looking for an internship only in the next smester. Two hours after after we talked she scheduled me for an interview with the Senior Manager. After he approved, she set me up for three interviews with three different team members. I willingly appeared for them all and was quite positive I would land it. But suddenly thereafter, they went into radio silence. No message for nearly two months! I realise that it was only an Intern position but you would expect to hear something from a company you just gave 5 interviews with!
    After a couple of unanswered emails, I finally heard back from them and they said we were looking to fill the position immediately and that we dont have position open for you when you are available! What?????

Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WCG (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

1. Phone screening from an HR recruiter in New York
    2. Went in for an in person interview
         -Hiring Manager
         -2 co-workers on team
         -2 co-workers on team (who you would work directly with)
    3. Presentation

Overall, there was a lot of waiting. It looked like the team had something schedule during the time of my interview, so the hiring manager and I talked for literally 7 minutes and then she stepped out to go to a phone conference. I waited for a long time before anyone else came in to see me. After that, I waited again for the next set of people to come see me. Then I waited again to present since everyone was on calls. I talked with the hiring manager again after the presentation and that was it. I heard back the following week.

Interview Questions

• They had very typical questions:
      -Tell me about yourself?
      -What do you know about WCG?
      -Why do you want to work here?
      -What experiences do you have with analytics?
      etc..
      Answer Question

Unsure Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WCG in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by "managing director" on LinkedIn followed by call from recruiting team three weeks later. Recruiter seemed unfamiliar with names of previous employers (major consulting firm + WPP + startup). One exec was expecting a less experienced candidate and seemed annoyed/laughed when I responded to questions about my expected and current compensation (post grad degree + 12 years experience). Advised they'd be unable to match current but opportunity existed for commissions. Effectively asked me to take 50% cut. Said it was a unique opportunity. "No one's doing what we are." Was given inconsistent info about which accounts I'd be working on and level of role I was interviewing for. "We don't really have titles, we're a flat organization."

Interview Questions

• Few questions, group directors mainly spoke about themselves and the company. "We're the next Google."   Answer Question

Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WCG.

Interview

Was contacted about a week after I applied by an HR person. Had a phone interview, was asked immediately to come on site for an interview. The individuals I met with (3 in a 1.5 hour period) were very friendly and knowledgeable, and that was an overall good experience. While I didn't think (after learning more about the role) that my skill set was an exact match for the position, I AT LEAST expected some sort of follow up from HR regarding my status as an applicant. I guess that was too much to ask -- I sent a follow up email 2 weeks after the onsite interviews were conducted, and received no response. As I took the time to leave work to come in to interview for the position, I expected the courtesy of at least following up with a decision. This left me with an incredibly sour taste in my mouth, even after the good experience I had meeting the employees.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WCG.

Interview

For an Intern there are four interviews from people who will be your supervisors. Challenging questions, but helps you realize if it's going to be a good fit. There are some tough questions, and knowing more about the background of each person will really help.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WCG (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I was heavily pursued and encouraged to leave a job I loved for a better paycheck and promises of a collaborative team. My initial phone interview was with a Group Director before I met with three others for in-person interviews where I later found out the Group Director I originally met with got fired (red flag #1).

When I attempted to ask more questions about the culture and role, I was told it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and a very special place to work that was hard to explain (red flag #2). I unfortunately trusted the individuals I interviewed with because I had worked them previously.

My entire work experience at WCG over the next 24 months went downhill from day one. It was a total bait and switch. No one understood the job I was hired for and the role was not supported. I was told there was a full team in place excited to be led, there was no team.

This company talks big, over promises and hugely under delivers - it is unprofessional at best and toxic at worst. HR is beyond incompetent and doesn't understand your job within the organization.

Within the first three months, I had to move a personal family trip that had been planned for a year despite specifically requesting the time off before accepting the job. Since I was the only one who knew how to do what the client was asking, I had to jump through hoops to accommodate a client request because a VP promised the delivery of work they didn't understand (red flag #3).

The work urgency here is fake and the level of stress this place generates is based on client requests that are being managed from inexperienced employees who have never managed. Male personalities are promoted to roles they aren't skilled to work and then demand others who do good work to provide rush service. There is most certainly a boys club at the executive level so if you are into joining Jim's fraternity (the CEOs words) then this is the place for you (red flag #4).

Most managers will work you into the ground and call it one of their many useless hashtag values - #makeithappen, #whys**k, #dealwithit, etc. The #noaholes value is laughable considering the company breeds aholes because of the silos it creates from an always changing "innovative" work model.

Read their blog and these reviews then run...far, far away from this place. It will literally suck the life out of you and then ask you what's wrong.

Interview Questions

• If you could be the main character in any book who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WCG (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Completely confusing. Was told, "this is it" on three separate occasions. But strangest thing was that different exec's who interviewed me would totally criticize and insult their own other colleagues. Lots of discussion of innovation. But who ever I was speaking to at the time was "the real innovator". Also, lots of talk of "we don't do RFPs". But then I kept being asked what new business leads I could bring

Interview Questions

• No real curve balls. Interview questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Weird vibe. Looks like a snake pit.

Operations Interview

Interview

It was an organized process. Came in for two interviews total each was about 2 hours.

Interview

Great interview process