WESCO International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WESCO International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.8

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WESCO International.

Interview

Applied for the internship online. Got an email from them a few days later about an interview. Went in for the interview and a few days later I got the internship offer.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WESCO International (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I began working at Wesco as an Assembly technician. I was overqualified with my engineering degree, but their business didn't yet call for another engineer. Four months of production floor work paid off, and I was offered the first engineering position available. It took them about two months to get permission from corporate to create this position, and about three weeks for the paperwork to be finalized. I interviewed with the hiring manager and had a more technical interview with one of their electrical engineers.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the operation of this control panel, given this electrical schematic.   1 Answer
    • Please identify these common electrical schematic symbols.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I sat on the initial offer letter while I was being considered for a position at another company. I much preferred to stay at Wesco, having already demonstrated a strong work ethic, despite the other company paying much more. I talked with the hiring manager, and was very blunt when explaining my dilemma. He asked what my number was, and I gave it. He assured me he would do what he could. Three hours later, I had another offer letter with the number I asked for. Overall, it was very straightforward and honest.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WESCO International (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial process of the interview is a video interview, then the recruiter will send you links to 2 different supplementary questionnaires. If you make it through this round then they will fly you to Pittsburgh for 2 day event where you will do 3-4 interviews on the second day. If you make it through this round then you'll have last interview where you will meet up with the branch manager of the location you want to work.

The whole process was very laid back and the interviews are basically a get to know you kind of informal interviews. One thing I would point out is that during the first night of meet up, you should try to make impressions on many Managers as possible since the more managers approve of you, you will have a higher possibility of getting selected. Overall it was a great experience and they really take care of you when you are in Pittsburgh.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why WESCO?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What is your salary expectation?
      Do you see yourself with WESCO in future?
      2 Answers

Administrative Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WESCO International.

Interview

Over the course of a couple months, I interviewed for a role at this company. The process was rather lengthy and although everyone seemed kind, the process felt disorganized
    (my information had gotten lost at some point in the middle of this).

After the second interview, I was told that an internal applicant was going to be offered the position due to their established knowledge of the company policies/intranet. Considering that the hiring team knew they wanted an applicant who would have a different learning curve than a newcomer, I'm not sure why they brought in external applicants at all. I am disappointed in the way this was handled.

Interview Questions

• "The support departments are staffed "lean" (a.k.a. departments are not padded with staff) - How would you adjust to working on a smaller team and having increased responsibilities?"   1 Answer

Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WESCO International (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from a recruiter asking that I submit some video recorded answers. Also answered a questionnaire. After a couple of weeks I received another email detailing that I was confirmed for another round of interviews in Pittsburgh.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WESCO International in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was very responsive and communicative and I think embarrassed by the long and drawn out process.

I was brought in for face to face with two people. The second person had no prepared questions and did not take a single note. During the discussion I came to find out it was the person who I would be replacing.

Unfortunately the overall experience was extremely slow. It took months to get a final resolution. It is evident that the recruitment process is disjointed.

Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WESCO International (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university's career website. A few days later, I received an email that I made it to the next step. I had a week to take an online SAT type test with math and analogies. I also had a web interview which recorded my responses to 3-5 questions. 2 hours after I completed the web interview, I got an email that said I was invited to Pittsburgh for rounds of interviews in just 5 days!
    In Pittsburgh there was a meet and greet the night before and then I had three 40 minute interviews the next day. They promised us that they were giving away jobs to half the people! Everything was good so far.
    But...The job seemed very boring and no one seemed too intelligent. It was way too much awkward small talk during the two days. The interviewers spent over half the time going over the company and job description. I got an email like TWO days later saying I didn't get the job. I wish they would've waited longer. The process was so quick and they were handing out 30 jobs! I actually thought I could be employed 6 months before graduation! And since then I have been turned off from the sales profession.

Interview Questions

• They just asked me to walk them through my resume.   1 Answer

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at WESCO International.

Interview

It pays *. You can have it if you want it. They never asked me any questions. The job was easy and they said it's yours if you want it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WESCO International (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Met with three managers/branch managers - the job was described as Administrative/Purchasing Assistant; however when I got to the interview, they dumbed it down to just "answering phones". I was really unsure as to why they would have considered me for a position of just answering phones after seeing my educational credentials, skills and experience. I've seen these "bait and switch" tactics used before - position description sounds intermediate/advanced, yet the company tries to minimize the qualifications needed so they can justify a low salary. Then, you accept the offer, and they slam you with responsibilities and protect themselves with that little clause "this list of duties is not all inclusive". Yeah, I saw the light on this one. For a Fortune 500 company, the salary and benefits being offered were unimpressive. Of course, being female, it was obvious to me that the three men interviewing me assumed I have a man at home taking care of me, which is not the case. Very male dominated, sexist environment. I knew it from the get go. Did not get an offer, and would not have accepted one anyway. Really wish they would have been up front with me and not wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WESCO International.

Interview

I applied on the 18th of August on Indeed and received an email the same day to schedule a phone interview for the 19th at 10am. I ended up not getting a call at 10 am and I emailed them to let them know she never called. The recruiter apologies and schedules the phone interview withen 30 minutes. The interview lasts 30 minutes and we have an excellent interview. It went so well that I was scheduled for a phone interview with the HR Director this Friday the 21st at 10am. I was also supposed to take an online behavior assessment. The next day, being today the 20th, I received a call saying the HR Director wants to hire within and our interview for Friday was canceled. If Wesco knew that they wanted an insider why waste people's time and the company's time. I really wanted to work here too!