WESCO International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WESCO International

2.7

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WESCO International (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2019.

Interview

Quick and easy apply on the company's website. Essentially just submit your resume and a bit of information about yourself. I received an email a few weeks after to schedule a phone call with the head college recruiter. Conversation with JK lasted 45 minutes briefly describing the role, the company, the benefits, and the different directions the role can lead into with the company. After I passed this round, which was very casual and seemed more like a pre-screening call to get to know you, I had another phone interview that was more in depth a few days after. This followed with 3 more phone conversations that were relatively very similar to the second phone interview. Ask a lot about knowledge of the company, the supply chain industry (I was interviewing for the operations role in Port Washington as apart of the Sales Management Program).

5 phone interviews/conversations in total and then an on-site interview at WESCO's corporate office in Pittsburgh. I was flown out on a Wednesday and had the interview at the HQ the next day that lasted 3 hours and included lunch. I was with two other candidates, and we had multiple 1 on 1 interviews followed by an offer, which I accepted about a month afterwards.

Overall, a very relaxed and humane interview process. They wanted to get to know you, your interests, career goals, and your knowledge of the industry and of the company. I never felt uncomfortable and treated like "a number." They give you a ton of chances to ask questions to further understand the role and if they are not sure of the answer, they refer you to another employee who can adequately answer your questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major? What are your career goals and why do you think WESCO would be a good starting point for those goals?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WESCO International (Chicago, IL) in August 2019.

Interview

Really got a chance to learn about the company and they got a chance to learn about myself m, background and expertise. Very professional. Brief phone interview followed by in person interview.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WESCO International (Shawnee, KS) in July 2019.

Interview

Ask to speak with the person who would interview me and the receptionist disappeared for a long period of time. I was finally told he would be right with me and was taken back to his office where he was wearing a baseball cap and t-shirt. During the entire interview he kept lifting his baseball cap up and down and leaning back in his chair. Almost as if it were Saturday morning! He would only describe what they were looking for -almost as if i were wasting his time. The interview lasted 40 minutes and he said he would be in touch-(2) days later I received a rejection notice from his home office. He would not return my calls nor would the HR REP. These were red flags immediately!

Interview Questions

• How well do you know Excel? Tell me what experience you have had with electrical parts and supplies? What experience do you have in the electrical industry?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WESCO International.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the company recruiter. After the interview he said he would recommend an in person interview at the site with the hiring manager. He stated I would here from them the next day or early next week. A week went by with nothing so I emailed the company recruiter I had interviewed with and he said he would send a follow up email to the hiring manager. A week has gone by and still nothing and now the initial recruiter is not returning emails. The lack of professionalism is very apparent. I understand if you don’t want to pursue a candidate further but don’t leave them hanging without informing them of your decision.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WESCO International (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with peers, supervisor, and executive levels. The interviews ran 30-45 minutes each. A number of the participants seems rushed. Everyone was professional and questions were kept to the proper subject matter. One executive admitting to not preparing for the interview but did his best to spontaneously engage questions from my resume.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WESCO International (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2018.

Interview

I went in for an interview and met two different managers in the department that I would be working for. The hiring manager was newly promoted to the position as was looking to fill the role in his team. Interview went well, but neither manager knew when I would hear if I got the position or not. I waited two weeks and decided to reach out to the recruiter. I called and emailed him. No email back/ no call back. After another week I called the hiring manager and sent them an email. No email back/ no call back. I decided that after a few days after calling the hiring manager I would try the recruiter one more time (it has been a month at this point). Recruiter answered and told me that they hadn’t made a decision yet and that they’ve been so busy as the reasoning for taking so long. He told me that he would reach out to the hiring manager and let me know by the end of the day. Another week went by with no call back from the recruiter. I called him once more and he told me that they still were really busy and that he would for sure call me back with an answer within the hour. Never did. It’s been 6 weeks since I interviewed for the job and I’m still “under consideration” online. I am very disappointed in the company and the recruiter.

Sales Development Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WESCO International (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2018.

Interview

You are flown out to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and given the opportunity to network with hiring managers from all over the country. The next day you will have 3-4 interviews lasting 40 minutes each. It sounds intimidating but they provide such a great atmosphere and provide breakfast and lunch.

Associate Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WESCO International.

Interview

Drove 3 hours for an in person interview. No phone interview. Explained the position and asked if I had any questions. When I asked if they had any questions they only had one question.

Interview Questions

• If there were three people in the room with the same resume, what makes you stand out?   3 Answers

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WESCO International (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was a little lengthy, but was very straight forward. Online test, followed by video interview, followed by on-site interview day. The on-site interview day was very informative and was a chance for you to meet many managers within the company.

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WESCO International (Charlotte, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

Met with hiring manager for a review of resume resume and current qualifications. Once this was complete, then interviewed with two other managers out of state that are also on the team. Overall a very smooth interview. More of a "do you fit within the organization" type of discussions. Everything was right on time and all were available at the time requested.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the commute?   1 Answer