WIPO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WIPO Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.3

Quality Assurance Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WIPO in March 2017.

Interview

The process itself lasted more than 6 months from an invitation for submitting the CV to the rejection. It contained a 2 hours online test with 5 questions and a ~ 1,5 hours online interview. The online test and both the interview were super easy, not really digging deeply into any quality related topic. There were 4, not really IT-ish super formally dressed people on the other side. For this opening there were ~ 200 applicants only on linkedin.

Interview Questions

• How would you promote change? What experiences do you have in this?   Answer Question

Business Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WIPO (Geneva (Switzerland)) in July 2016.

Interview

A written test and a competency based interview. I am sure 100% that i have not been selected because the process was not transparent. They had someone for this specific position and they conducted a process just to be in compliance with the procedures. I work for UN and I know how it works . WIPO is bringing shame upon the United Nations system. For more information, read newspapers about this agency. They have been corrupted for long years, so don't expect them to change !! I am a honest guy, i am not reacting like that because i have not been retained ! I am reacting because they are not open and trustworthy. Further, they refuse to debrief candidates after interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are interested in our organization and some other technical questions.   Answer Question

Legal Associate Interview

Interview

WIPO's administration is inefficient and not very responsive, you get your job through connections, skils etc are of zero importance, hiring managers are often not skilled and could not even check whether applicants are qualified since they are not qualified themselves

Interview Questions

Negotiation

WIPO salaries are fixed (and high)

Web Content Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WIPO in April 2013.

Interview

1) A month after applying there was a pre-screening writing test (timed). Lasted 1 hour and was related to structuring and writing a new webpage based on some details provided.
    2) A month after the test, there was a skype interview with the manager, director and an HR representative. The interview was a typical competency based process: questions related to how my skills/background fulfill the needs of the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflicting objectives of multiple stakeholders in a project?   Answer Question

IT Security Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at WIPO (Geneva (Switzerland)) in May 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews once after I sent CV and a second via Webconf and I had 6 people looking at me , asking a bunch of questions in french and English and the usual questions.

What are your weak point , what are your strong point.
    I was also asked to explain a bit of ITIL core business processes.

Why I would change of company , what make me motivate to apply for WIPO and what does WIPO activities means to me in terms of values that institutions stand for.

Terminology Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WIPO (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

They asked me to do a proprietary online test that asked you to identify the terminology in an English test and justify your choice. It also tested my command of other working languages than English.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why don't you think "pesticide" is a technical term?   Answer Question