Western Kentucky University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.4

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Skype Interview and On-Campus Interview. SKype interview was 15 minutes long and focused on general teaching methods and philosophy of education. On-campus interview included a dinner the night before, teaching presentation, and interview with the search committee. I was given a campus tour and asked to participate in a skills assessment. I watched a video of a pre-service teacher who was struggling during a formal observation. A professor pretended to be that student and I coached her.

Sport Administration Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a long two month process of filling out applications and getting into the masters program in order to be a Graduate Assistant. The interview is laid back and will ask you simple questions about your life and why you think you deserve to have the position.

Interview Questions

• what time management skills have you possessed?   1 Answer

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY).

Interview

The hiring process is a long process. Once the application is completed candidates can be selected often times months after applying. The interview process is simple for non upper level management positions.

Negotiation

Salary was nonnegotiable

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in May 2013.

Interview

There is no interview for the graduate assistant position with Psychological Sciences. Some graduate programs require interviews but every department is different. If you are admitted into the master of science program, you automatically receive an assistantship position with the small amount of benefits going along with it.

Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in March 2013.

Interview

basic interview process
    -filled out application
    -called in for in person interview with the director
    -proceeded to have 1 30-min to 1 hour (sorry it's a bit fuzzy) discussion about the job requirements and my ability to perform aforementioned requirements

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working or dealing with high school students?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in February 2013.

Interview

There is an event called super saturday in which they mass interview students for the hiring process. It's a fun day where you can truly shine and meet future co-workers!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University in September 2012.

Interview

Apply through HR webpage. May take months to hear back. If chosen for an interview they will generally interview people one by one over 1-3 weeks and then make a choice within a few weeks after that. Interviews usually consist of you and a small committee of between 2-5 people.

Interview Questions

• How would you define work ethic?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate because I wanted to get into a part-time spot to have a better chance of eventually going full-time.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was very easy. You have a one-on-one with a Residence Hall Director and another RA. They ask you questions about diversity, teamwork, and personality. Most of the questions are straight-forward. They were very nice and it was not stressful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. You take it or leave it.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in August 2011.

Interview

It was an easy process. I met with the head of the program and the professor that I would be working with. They asked about my background and why I wanted to work in the program.

Assistant Professor of Education Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in July 2011.

Interview

A phone call, which went pretty well, then a visit which was a total whirlwind. So much in a very short amount of time.

It would have been nice if they had asked or accommodated my dietary restrictions. Taking a strict vegetarian to a steakhouse was a colossal waste of time. That lack of flexibility and appreciation of diversity would be a hallmark of my WKU experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at WKU.   1 Answer