Western Kentucky University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Western Kentucky University

2.3

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY).

Interview

The hiring process is a long process. Once the application is completed candidates can be selected often times months after applying. The interview process is simple for non upper level management positions.

Negotiation

Salary was nonnegotiable

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in May 2011.

Interview

My graduate studies department nominated me for the position. I wrote and submitted an application essay. The graduate studies department accepted my application and I had a phone interview for the position.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in May 2013.

Interview

There is no interview for the graduate assistant position with Psychological Sciences. Some graduate programs require interviews but every department is different. If you are admitted into the master of science program, you automatically receive an assistantship position with the small amount of benefits going along with it.

Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in March 2013.

Interview

basic interview process
    -filled out application
    -called in for in person interview with the director
    -proceeded to have 1 30-min to 1 hour (sorry it's a bit fuzzy) discussion about the job requirements and my ability to perform aforementioned requirements

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working or dealing with high school students?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Skype Interview and On-Campus Interview. SKype interview was 15 minutes long and focused on general teaching methods and philosophy of education. On-campus interview included a dinner the night before, teaching presentation, and interview with the search committee. I was given a campus tour and asked to participate in a skills assessment. I watched a video of a pre-service teacher who was struggling during a formal observation. A professor pretended to be that student and I coached her.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University in May 2011.

Interview

interviewing process was wonderful, staff made you feel welcome, went through two interviews with the first being shown around and the second spending time talking with staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiating, I was pleased with the offer

Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University.

Interview

1. Phone interview - It was informal and provided an overview of the position. A few basic questions were asked.
    2. Panel interview and tour - This was a little different than what I was used to. Everyone was very nice. Each person asked a question and then I was able to ask questions.

It took a few weeks to get the first call and then about a month or so to get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

Very group oriented. Lots of situational practices to see how you work with others. It was a two day process and the group processing day was very long and grueling.

Interview Questions

• A resident is breaking (insert policy). How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was very easy. You have a one-on-one with a Residence Hall Director and another RA. They ask you questions about diversity, teamwork, and personality. Most of the questions are straight-forward. They were very nice and it was not stressful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. You take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) in February 2013.

Interview

There is an event called super saturday in which they mass interview students for the hiring process. It's a fun day where you can truly shine and meet future co-workers!