Whitley Penn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whitley Penn

Tax Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whitley Penn.

Interview

Enjoyable. People were kind and respective. I was not nervous or stressful at all. They showed me around the office and introduce me to people working. I was honored chances to speak to almost every executive of the department. All of them are nice and like they truly want you to join them.

Interview Questions

• Share ideas of what I consider most important to achieve success in the industry.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whitley Penn.

Interview

The interview process was really relaxed. They were trying to get to know me as a person, to see if I would fit well at their company with their work culture.

Summer Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whitley Penn (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university after Whitley Penn gave a very good presentation. The interview process consisted of a couple of very fun social event followed by a on campus interview. I was selected for a second on site interviewed that lasted 2 hours with four different interviewers. Very good experience, personality is key.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel?
      Are we one of your top 3 choices   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whitley Penn.

Interview

I applied through school recruitment and had an on campus interview. The interview was relaxed and more like a conversation. I thought the interview went really well, but I emailed my interviewer a thank you letter and he never responded.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whitley Penn (Denton, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Whitley Penn was all about making the candidates feel comfortable during the recruiting process. While their's always pressure about impressing prospective employers, they ease the tension quite a bit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel so strongly about Whitley Penn?   1 Answer

Auditing Interview

Interview

I reached out via email to the recruiter and a couple weeks later heard back from her to set up an interview. I interviewed 3 people over Skype.

They didn't really ask too many questions. They wanted to know how interested I was in them and allowed me to ask most of the questions.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in Whitley Penn?
      What industry would you like to work in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The pay was about the same and even better than most other accounting firms including Big 4.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whitley Penn (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke to HR and got a skype interview with a partner and two managers. The over all interview process was about 2.5 hours. It was a good experience. They expected me to have a lot of questions prepared and allowed me to do a lot of the talking. They did not ask too many questions.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whitley Penn (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process wasn't in any way intense/stressful. The first took place on campus and the interviewer (a senior) asked questions about me and my resume. I was then called back and told that I was invited to an office visit. At the office visit, I interviewed with a few different manages and a partner. They were more conversations than interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whitley Penn (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a campus interview and then at the second interview they made offers. They said they would follow up to let me know my background check was done and then never did.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whitley Penn (Lubbock, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process included one on one interviews, dinners, socials, and an office visit. They were all very friendly and made sure that you felt comfortable at all times. The office visit have a tour and 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about things off of my resume and then the conversation went from there.   Answer Question