Widmeyer Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Widmeyer Communications

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Interview

The initial phone interview lasted 40 minutes. It was quite extensive, going over my resume, including why I had worked at X, how did I like it, why did I leave, etc. Questions also included my undergraduate and graduate GPA, even though I had been out of school entirely for more than a year.

I sent a thank you email, to which I received an email response meant for the person who was supposed to interview me next. Although there was nothing illegal (racist, homophobic, sexist, etc.) it was clear that the interviewer made judgments about my interpersonal skills without actually having met me. I politely responded to the email the next day, and got an invitation to interview, but no acknowledgement of what happened.

The in person interview was a pleasant conversation about my skills, experiences and education, the structure of the organization and the particular team a fellow would be working with and some examples of projects that were in progress or upcoming. Nothing about the interview impressed me, but they seemed nice. The interviewer asked me if I met with the HR director. I said no, that we had emailed to set up this meeting, but I had not met her. He gave a 30 second speech about how she was scattered-brained, but very nice and not to take it personally.

It is unclear why he chose to share this information and I met the HR director. We had a brief conversation about the next steps and the process, but again, no acknowledgement of her email.

I did not hear from them for 2 weeks. A follow-up email revealed that they were still interviewing and that the HR director would be leaving her position in the very near future. A few days later I emailed one of the interviewers. I never heard back, never received anything in the mail. Based on the interview process I would have turned down an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my GPA seemed out of place, because I had been out of school and already had work experience   Answer Question

Digital Account Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Widmeyer Communications.

Interview

Process began with a phone interview which lasted about 1 hour. Followed by an in-person interview which lasted about 4 hours. The first hour of which I spent waiting in the reception area for the SVP (he arrived to the office about 30 minutes after I was there - but for some reason never met with me). I met with the Digital Producer, another SVP and the HR director - all oh whom asked me some general questions nothing too in depth. All seemed very nice and spoke highly of the company. The HR director went through every detail of my resume with me and allowed me to talk freely about all of my experience.

They set up a third interview for me to come and interview with the SVP who was busy the previous time. I arrived and waited in the reception area for an hour before they told me they'd have to reschedule for another date so I could meet with him. I decided not to pursue the position any further at this point as it seemed highly unprofessional and I felt they did not value or respect my time.

Employees seem to roll in around 10/11, which perhaps for some is nice. Just not a work environment I'm used to. The fit was not right.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Widmeyer Communications (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was extremely long. The process involves interviewing with every level of management as well as with junior staff. It can often take up to a month or more to complete the process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight-forward. Nothng difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR director serves as the middle person between the prospective employee and senior management.