Wisconsin DOR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wisconsin DOR

Editor, Manuals and Guides Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wisconsin DOR (Madison, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

After filling out the state of WI application forms (including a essay-type test explaining my experience), I was invited to be interviewed. At the interview, a panel of 5 took turns to ask (literally, read) questions off a sheet. It was not set up to make a good conversation between interviewers and interviewees, and it was difficult to make it one. It took about 30ish minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is one situation in which you had conflict with a collegue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Revenue Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wisconsin DOR (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

By state law, all interviews have at least 3 individuals ask a series of set questions. A minimum of 3 people will be interviewed. Some of those interviewed may be employees of the DOR who are trying to get a job n higher classification. Your answers are scored.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are prepared. You are given a sheet with the questions on them so that you can read them ahead and have your answers ready. Long answer will give the interviewers more time to write, which is better,=.   Answer Question

Revenue Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wisconsin DOR (Madison, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

You get an interview by taking a civil service exam, not by submitting a resume. Make sure you specify all the cities you'd be willing to work in...I was only 130th on the exam score ranking, but I still got an interview because I broadened by location preferences. The interview itself is pretty standard, and they give you a list of the questions before they start asking them. There's also a writing assessment at the end.

Interview Questions

• What would be your greatest challenge toward performing this job?   Answer Question

REVENUE AUDITOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wisconsin DOR (Madison, WI) in July 2011.

Interview

My name was referred to the agency in May.
    I was contacted by email for a written exercise in June.
    I was contacted by email for an in-person interview in July.
    I waited approximately 3-4 weeks for an offer that came in August.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not opt to negotiate any aspect of my compensation package.