Wolverine Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wolverine Human Services

Youth Care Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wolverine Human Services (Detroit, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied for a position online Friday and had a voicemail from HR the following Monday. I was scheduled for an interview the following week. The Program Manager and Residential Care Coordinator both interviewed me. Interview process was easy I knew I had the job about 5 minutes into it. They offered me a position and I accepted. I eventually left for a better opportunity after about a year. The work environment is very clique-ish and the kids can be emotionally exhausting. I feel I did help a lot of youth I encountered, but very many of them have no interest in changing for the better. Wolverine is very good for Social Work experience if that is your field. Definitely a stepping stone job; not a career builder by any means. Pay is very low, but the benefits are actually reasonable and pretty good. It is what you make it honestly.

Interview Questions

• If a Youth was to call you out of your name and yell at you what would you do?
      Do you work well under stress?
      Answer Question

Packer/Shipper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Knox, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wolverine Human Services (Fort Knox, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

Was hired by Contract Supervisor Dave Mullens after I sent him an e-mail thanking him for the oppertunity to apply for a job with Wolverine Services. He hired me on the spot, due to my past experience in the position.
    Interview was simple enough, I only had to tell him my past experience and the ability to operate the machinery required.

Interview Questions

• The only item that came up was if I had worked with fellow employees, I did not know all of them but assured him that I was willing to work with them as I had worked with many others in the past. Compatibility was key.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple, the job was offered, duties explained, and salary noted.
    After my acceptance, I was hired.

Youth Care Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wolverine Human Services (Saginaw, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

After submitting a resume the company will ask for an interview. This interview will be fairly easy as it is mostly to see if you can handle the stress of working with at risk children. You will be asked questions about your patience level as well as tolerance of name calling. They will be assessing your ability to perform restraints and managing a crowd

Interview Questions

• If you are in a room that is getting out of control, starting with one child but moving to toehrs how do you react to the problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little the offer is an hourly rate and the expectation is to work over time as much as possable.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vassar, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wolverine Human Services (Vassar, MI) in September 2008.

Interview

The interview process went extremely smooth. Very organized, punctual. All questions answered. Very impressed with the person who interviewed. Basic testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation