Woodruff Arts Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Woodruff Arts Center

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Woodruff Arts Center (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy, fun, got to learn a lot about the company and the specific jobs I would be doing, got to explore the campus, and meet the employees in the office I would be working in

Interview Questions

• What college classes have I taken that would help me succeed in the public relations world and why?   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Received a call from an HR rep who conducted a phone screen right then and there, instead of arranging a call ahead of time. Felt very disorganized and unprofessional. Was not surprised that I did not progress to the next round, as I was not able to answer the interviewer's questions to the best of my ability with no notice.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodruff Arts Center (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

A member of the HR office called and asked several preliminary questions. A few days later, they called again to say I had been accepted for an in-person interview. You will first interview with the HR Supervisor and then with the person from the department/division you would be working for.

I had to go in and physically fill out an Employment Application (despite having already sent in a resume and been accepted for an interview), including the following information for my last 5 jobs: Company Name, Supervisor Name, Company Address, Company Phone Number, Major Job Responsibilities, Reason for Leaving

You will want to have this information handy when going in for an interview - they don't mention in advance that you will need it, and most people don't remember the address and phone number of the job they had 5 jobs ago. =)

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were straight-forward about my prior experience. They also asked if I was familiar with the Woodruff Arts Center.   Answer Question

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Woodruff Arts Center (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

I was called by an HR rep first where she asked initial screening questions. This was over a month and a half after I submitted my application, so I assumed I didn't get the job and they were doing some kind of survey. As a result, I was caught off guard and felt unprofessional. I was contacted a few days later for a phone interview, which went well. The following week we set up an in-person interview. I discussed the details with the original HR contact on the phone and she said she would send a confirmation email, but the day before the interview I still hadn't gotten an email. I tried calling and emailing her but she never responded (she had misspelled my email address and that's why I didn't get the email.) The in person portion was actually three interviews. I thought it went okay. I was told I would be contacted the following week. I never heard anything so I politely followed up on Friday. I didn't get a response until Tuesday. She assured me they would get back to me sometime that week. Again, I didn't hear anything. At this point it is over two weeks since the final round of interviews so I assumed I didn't get the job and I was frustrated with the lack of communication. Finally, almost three weeks after the interview, I got a letter in the mail saying that I didn't get the job. I would have much preferred a phone call as soon as the decision was made so I wasn't waiting around. The HR team should me more communicative and professional, because frankly the whole process was frustrating.

Interview Questions

• They were general questions about experience and personality. Nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

An HR Assistant called and left a message regarding my application for employment and requested that I call back to speak to her. I called and left a message within 3 hours of receiving the voicemail. I didn't hear anything back for 48 hours so I called and spoke to the lady who called me. She said that she would call me back in 30 minutes because she had something to do; Of course she never did. If they were no longer interested, just communicate that instead of being completely unprofessional.

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

Brief phone interview which led to an in person interview. Initial interview basically went over my resume alone, with some behavior questions. Tell me about a time when xyz happened etc.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woodruff Arts Center (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by two consecutive interviews from different departments. The pre-interview paperwork can take a while to fill out; from 30-45 minutes, so arrive early and prepared with documents. Dress was business casual wear. I had an excellent phone interview, followed by a very uncomfortable 1st interview. The 2nd interview was immediately after the initial in-person interview and went very well.

Interview Questions

• Questions were your standard interview questions for customer service. I did not find any questions to be lengthy or unexpected during my experience.   Answer Question

Teaching Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woodruff Arts Center (Atlanta, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

There was a review of my experience and CV and then a panel/group interview with wonderful art administrators and artists. There were questions about my availability for large and small projects first and then questions about long term work that was available for me at the time.

Interview Questions

• Detailed interview questions about teaching philosophy, artist philosophy, and life experience as professional educator and artist. Detailed description and presentation of portfolio.   1 Answer

Community Engagement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Woodruff Arts Center (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I received an email from a friend who received a direct email from the manager advertising the position. I contacted him directly and scheduled an appointment to meet him. I met with the manager, the producer, and assistant producer. I then started about two weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in interning with Alliance?   1 Answer
    • How soon would you be able to start?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the Alliance and/or Woodruff Arts Center?   1 Answer
    • What are your career goals?   1 Answer
    • What questions do you have about the Woodruff, Alliance, the staff, or me?   1 Answer

Arts Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Woodruff Arts Center.

Interview

The bureaucracy is real. Did extensive online application, along with cover letter and resume. Received screening call. Interviewed in person. All this was fine. Then HR sent me application forms to fill out by hand which literally duplicate the online application. why?

Interview Questions

• What's the best advice you've ever received?(I assume they meant work related but there were many responses that came to mind....if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with....beer then liquor, never sicker....dont *h*t where you eat....never argue with a stupid person....80% of success is showing up)   Answer Question