World Economic Forum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Economic Forum Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.9

Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Economic Forum.

Interview

Overall, straightforward interview process. Initial screening, had a reply within one week, asked to , submit a written assignment and then moved on to three separate interviews with different members of team: interview included behavioral questions, motivation to join the team, and discussing previous experiences. Subsequently invited for an interview to meet the entire team.

Community Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at World Economic Forum (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The worst interview process I have experienced to date. I was interviewing for five months for an entry level position. Similar to much of the other comments here, the process took months and was full of several unnecessary rounds. Long waits (over a month) between each round and extremely poor communication from HR. Some of the team members I spoke with didn't even realize what round of interview I was in and didn't even have the most recent version of my resume on hand. After being told I was to be brought in for an in-person meeting, I inexplicably received an email from HR saying they were pursuing other candidates with no explanation. Super unorganized process, would not recommend getting into these weeds if you're looking to make a job change within the next six months.

Community Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at World Economic Forum.

Interview

I got to the final round of interviews, but it was a very long and intensive process that I feel was not entirely necessary for such an entry level role. 4 rounds after an email from them (no phone screen), and met with 7 people total - round 1, over Skype, was with the recruiter and the person who was promoted out of the position, round 2 in person was with three team members, round 3 in person with the hiring manager, round 4 over Skype with the department head. Each round lasted about an hour to an hour 15.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at World Economic Forum (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied like a month before.
    I was contacted by a recruiter on Sep 9 for a first interview by phone
    1st. Round - Sept 14. The recruiter was lifeless and not interested at all when talking. Basic questions and was told on the spot she wanted me to talk to the Directors (hiring managers)
    2nd Round - Sept 24. Lasted an hour. The questions were very focused on how I did things, how I went about research, how I manage my time and team. Types of results I have accomplished and my experience with public speaking.
    3rd Round - I made it to the next round, this consisted of an exercise that was sent by email where one had to showcase the skills for the role.
    On October 6, I receive email saying an exercise would be sent on Friday.
    Next day, I receive an email saying the exercise is postponed for Oct 9.
    Oct 9 arrives, nothing. I send 2 emails asking what happened. No response. I later send an email to the Directors, and only then I receive a response.
    Oct 10 I receive response saying I'll be getting exercise on Oct 12. Oct 12 arrives and nothing.
    Oct 13, i receive email saying "I will be sending the exercise on Friday."
    Oct 16 arrives, they FINALLY send exercise. Quite long and intricate. I spend the ENTIRE weekend working on it. I send it sunday Oct 18. I receive NO response, not even a "received". NOTHING.

Time goes by, ... nothing. Finally I write back Nov 2! Saying I havent received any feedback or email saying "received" at all. The recruiter responds that, they put the position on hold because of internal conversations. I was also informed I made it to the next rounds after the exercise.

Basically, they made me waste my time and they had no regard of mine. I am sure a lot of candidates were left up in the air. If I havent wrote back asking what was happening I am sure they would have not contacted me. I have never worked with an institution this disorganized, indecisive and unresponsive.

For an institution that is so well know and highly regarded, they definitely do not act like that towards their potential employees. "Improving the state of the world"? Please! Improve your own Institution first to even attempt to your vague, abstract slogan.

Also, the position is still up in their website. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

Interview Questions

• Why the WEF?
      Why do you like research?
      How do your other positions help with this role?
      Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at World Economic Forum in July 2015.

Interview

Over all I had a miserable experience, they had about 12 of us all come in at 2:30. At that point I thought it was going to be a group interview, but instead of that, they started calling people back one at a time. After almost an hour 3-4 had been called, at this point they started calling people back in groups of 3. I Ended Up Not getting home until almost 6 O'clock. I personally think that is ridiculous. I should not have to wait multiple hours, wasting a good portion of my day just due to poor scheduling on their part. This seemed very unprofessional, and I am quite disappointed not only that I didn't get the job, but under the circumstances that the result was determined by.

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Economic Forum (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Friendly, clear and interested interviewer. The interview itself was not too long (1 hour); I received a lot of information about the organisation, work culture, and about the type of people working there. The interviewer made the interview interesting, and also made me want to work there. It was very helpful for me to get all this information, since taking the job would mean moving countries.

Interview Questions

• My history; achievements; future plans (3 - 5 years + further ahead);   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Economic Forum.

Interview

Fairly easy and relaxed - focused on expertise and fit. Interview with direct manager; more like a management consulting interview. Initial interview on Skype - second in person. Long delay between first and second interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the WEF?   1 Answer

Already accepted another offer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Economic Forum in February 2013.

Interview

I went over 8 interviews over 2 months. Everyone was great - bright individuals. Unfortunately, internal candidate was selected instead.

Hospitality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Economic Forum (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online. It took 2 weeks to hear a response and when I did, they were very quick in scheduling an interview. I had a phone interview then 4 interviews back to back.

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Economic Forum (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Had five interviews.

funny people came with the exact same sheet asking mostly the same questions.

Negotiation

Negotiation = 0