Wright State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Wright State University Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wright State University.

Interview

The interview process was comfortable and easy. I was not offered a job and was not told why I wasn't offered the job. I assume they found a better candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best fit for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Two part interview process. Skype first and then lengthy in-person interview a couple weeks later. Very friendly people with a lot of focus on positivity and growth. Asked really challenging, but necessary questions with the standard interview questions, and included presentations to campus staff.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wright State University.

Interview

Wright State was a great place to work. Interview process took about 3 weeks. I was contacted by the lab. Met with the lab manager and then with the P.I. We discussed the experiments we would be doing and the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What are your previous research experiences and how did they help you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wright State University.

Interview

Was easy simple questions, called quickly after i had applied. feel this process was easy and well explained. I think that the HR department did a really good job of ensuring everything was done correctly. The office did their part of setting up the time and ensuring everything went smoothly

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team, asked about previous experience   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wright State University in November 2016.

Interview

There is a class to take for anyone who wants to be an RA. It is a one credit class which counts as an elective in most majors.

The class is used to see the team work and group situation functioning of the candidates.

Individual and group interviews are held after the conclusion of the class. These ask about desire and ability to do the job.

Simple process, and easy to complete!

Interview Questions

• explain a situation where you dealt with conflict and how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    • What do you add to the RA team?   Answer Question
    • How would you work with a student who makes romantic advances toward you, and is of a different romantic or sexual orientation as you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What does community mean to you?   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in the fields of different streams of maths and handling capabilities of all kinds of students. There were questions posed about handling capabilities of handicapped students. Tested on explanation procedure by giving a math problem and asked to explain to employer so he can make a decision on my explanation skills.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wright State University (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

There was no real process; I submitted my resume to the department coordinator. I was contacted when there was a need for an instructor in a topic where I qualified. I agreed to the semester, and I was sent to HR to fill out employment paperwork.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

1) Saw the Job posting on our career services website and applied for it
    2) After one week, got a call for interview
    3) Two people interviewed me
    4) After two days I got a call that I was selected :-)
    5) Completed employer agreement documents
    6) Applied for Social Security Number.
    7) After getting SSN, I started working

Interview Questions

• Q: Why this job?
      Q: what are your strengths and weekness?
      Q: Tell about your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wright State University in January 2015.

Interview

Very smooth interview pricesss with the professors and students. Had lunch with the students. Appreciated my Cv. Very friendly atmosphere. Many possible options to choose from. That’s is all i I I I could remember

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Hiring process is complex. They'll have you complete typing and software exams with other applicants just to be considered. If you score well enough, you might get an interview. It seems most of these jobs already have someone picked out, usually internally.