Wright State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2018

2.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

As I was already a Graduate Research Assistant with the same research lab at the time, this interview was for a potential transition into a full-time Software Engineer role. The interview was short, and consisted of three panel members (professors and a research scientist). It mostly consisted of me describing what my contributions were to past relevant projects in the lab. They focused on some design decisions, and asked me to justify them.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetically, [given a description of their system], describe in as much detail as possible how you would integrate multiple streaming data sources.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

Found job online, applied. One week later contacted and formally interviewed got the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you use mobile technology to improve a project   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation..

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in the fields of different streams of maths and handling capabilities of all kinds of students. There were questions posed about handling capabilities of handicapped students. Tested on explanation procedure by giving a math problem and asked to explain to employer so he can make a decision on my explanation skills.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wright State University (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

There was no real process; I submitted my resume to the department coordinator. I was contacted when there was a need for an instructor in a topic where I qualified. I agreed to the semester, and I was sent to HR to fill out employment paperwork.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairborn, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wright State University (Fairborn, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Review with Department lead going over requirements, discussion of teaching process, sample class and test on skills and statistical and research knowledge. Reviewed school grading standards, students. Graduate school average grading curve.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Hiring process is complex. They'll have you complete typing and software exams with other applicants just to be considered. If you score well enough, you might get an interview. It seems most of these jobs already have someone picked out, usually internally.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

it was fairly easy to get the job,somehow, it is also challenge to be a great TA, I try my best to help the students in all manners.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

I was associated with the professor for a long time and had interviewed right before offer was made. I was asked to present my work and was critiqued for it.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

Only one interview where technical skills required to get the job done were discussed. Very practical and straight forward questions. The department chair had a genuine care about helping his research assistants to balance their studies and research work.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation you worked under pressure and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wright State University in January 2015.

Interview

Very smooth interview pricesss with the professors and students. Had lunch with the students. Appreciated my Cv. Very friendly atmosphere. Many possible options to choose from. That’s is all i I I I could remember