Wright State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wright State University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wright State University.

Interview

Wright State was a great place to work. Interview process took about 3 weeks. I was contacted by the lab. Met with the lab manager and then with the P.I. We discussed the experiments we would be doing and the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What are your previous research experiences and how did they help you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wright State University.

Interview

Was easy simple questions, called quickly after i had applied. feel this process was easy and well explained. I think that the HR department did a really good job of ensuring everything was done correctly. The office did their part of setting up the time and ensuring everything went smoothly

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team, asked about previous experience   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in the fields of different streams of maths and handling capabilities of all kinds of students. There were questions posed about handling capabilities of handicapped students. Tested on explanation procedure by giving a math problem and asked to explain to employer so he can make a decision on my explanation skills.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wright State University (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

There was no real process; I submitted my resume to the department coordinator. I was contacted when there was a need for an instructor in a topic where I qualified. I agreed to the semester, and I was sent to HR to fill out employment paperwork.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

1) Saw the Job posting on our career services website and applied for it
    2) After one week, got a call for interview
    3) Two people interviewed me
    4) After two days I got a call that I was selected :-)
    5) Completed employer agreement documents
    6) Applied for Social Security Number.
    7) After getting SSN, I started working

Interview Questions

• Q: Why this job?
      Q: what are your strengths and weekness?
      Q: Tell about your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Hiring process is complex. They'll have you complete typing and software exams with other applicants just to be considered. If you score well enough, you might get an interview. It seems most of these jobs already have someone picked out, usually internally.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

As I was already a Graduate Research Assistant with the same research lab at the time, this interview was for a potential transition into a full-time Software Engineer role. The interview was short, and consisted of three panel members (professors and a research scientist). It mostly consisted of me describing what my contributions were to past relevant projects in the lab. They focused on some design decisions, and asked me to justify them.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetically, [given a description of their system], describe in as much detail as possible how you would integrate multiple streaming data sources.   Answer Question

International Coordinator Interview

Interview

They seemed happy with wavy I said but I didn't get the offer. It would have been a good experience. They told me in the interview that it's seasonal job. They also said that it might be a an on-call kind of task whenever new students arrive to the United States. . The most difficult question is why do you think why do you think you can handle the stress of the job.

Interview Questions

• . The most difficult question is why do you think why do you think you can handle the stress of the job.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Interview

For staff positions, HR will review all resumes that are submitted and choose the top 10. Those applicants are scheduled to test on various software (Word, Excel, etc) at the HR office. The top scorers are then submitted to the hiring department for interviewing.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

I was associated with the professor for a long time and had interviewed right before offer was made. I was asked to present my work and was critiqued for it.