XPRIZE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

XPRIZE Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

3.3

Full Time Position Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at XPRIZE.

Interview

Hiring process was long but efficient. Intial interview was via phone and took a couple months for a call back to come to the offices. Once I arrived at offices was interviewed by five people that the position woild be heavily interacting with.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience and how can you effectively do your job?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XPRIZE in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral from a current Senior Director in the organization. I was contacted by HR to do a phone screening, which lasted less than 20 minutes and went very smoothly. HR informed me I would next proceed to a video interview with the hiring manager, to be followed by a visit to their offices in Los Angeles. They contacted me the day before the interview to confirm the time and provide instructions for a video conferencing app. Just hours before the interview was to occur, I received an email informing me the interview was cancelled because the position had been put "on hold." I have received no further information from XPRIZE since then.

Interview Questions

• Please describe an example of a workplace scenario when you have needed to prioritize multiple, competing tasks.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at XPRIZE (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the outside recruiting company retained to hire for this position. They were extremely busy and had to reschedule several times. When we spoke on the phone, the interview was very collaborative. They asked me to walk them through my resume and share examples of how my experience might match the position. I was told that they thought I could be a great fit for the position, and they planned to present my resume and keep me updated. I never heard back from them, and finally I did my due diligence to follow up and asked if the position had been filled. I was told that they had decided to hire someone on their own - someone that the board recommended.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background - How does your skill set fit with the open position...etc..   Answer Question

Prize Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XPRIZE (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

online application, moved on to 1 interview with 2 people, came back and interviewed with 2 more people, came back a 3rd time to interview with the first people I originally interviewed with the first time.

One guy was super aggressive, condescending, and rude. The other guy was great and easier to talk to. One of the interviews the interviewee said, "I'm not sure why I'm interviewing you, we will not be working together at all.. maybe to see if your a culture fit?" -- yeah, not a joke. He didn't have my resume or know why he was interviewing me. He ended up being really transparent and great, though. HE mentioned glassdoor reviews being awful and said, "they are pretty true, we need a culture-change here." So that part was great. Overall, the interview was a reflection of a dysfunctional company.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose between making a government official satisfied or going through with prize implementation overseas, which would you choose?   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at XPRIZE (Culver City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process took almost two months from start to finish but the individuals that interviewed me were great, especially the hiring director. I had two phone interviews and a half day of in person interviews with 5 different interviewers.

Senior Director – Innovation Partnership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at XPRIZE (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Comedy of errors from start to finish ... from the Online process to the in person ... which included the position being posted, applied for (with multiple essays), position taken down, position posted AGAIN few months later, receiving a call asking me to go online and reapply and then having to FULLY reapply AGAIN with new essays. Call received also promised an interview, which got fumbled. Then had to bring my resume to the office and drop it off in-person, but not interview on that day. Interview did take place eventually, but was very disjointed . . and at the end-of-the-day, the person awarded the position came from a completely different industry than nonprofit or event production, which the position called for . . . it was given to someone who worked in FINANCE & FINANCIAL ANALYSIS with an accounting background. Like I stated at the beginning . . . comedy of errors all the way through.

Interview Questions

• Please explain to us what piqued your interest in this role and why you are interested in this opportunity?   Answer Question