YPM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YPM Interview Questions

2.3

Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YPM in March 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with their HR. They inform you before hand about the interview and ask about your availability so you have ample time to prep for the interview. They briefly describe the company's history to give you a better understanding of the company before the actual questions. They will ask you a few basic questions with regards to your experience and skill sets. The HR mentioned that they'll get back to me with updates for the next step of the interview process but they never did. Had to email the HR directly to follow up.

Internet Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YPM (Irvine, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

First round of interviews is one on one with HR generalist. Second round of interview is with Director of HR and Director of Media Dept. Found interview questions to be dry, dated, cookie cutter; literally they read questions off the paper one by one. e.g. "what motivates you?", "what are your best qualities?", "how do you manage deadlines?" "how do you feel about cells phones in the work place?" (to which I got the impression that they don't allow their employees to use/have their cell phones accessible during work hours). Interview definitely did not feel like a conversation but more like a deposition. Company has a very conservative culture.

Interview Questions

• What bothers you in the work place? What kind of culture are you looking for?   Answer Question

Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YPM (Irvine, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Very quick. A lot of things were exaggerated to make the position sound more appealing.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your last role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

24 hour policy - red flag they are trying to rush you through process to accept.