Yale University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Yale University

2.5

Sort:

Construction Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yale University.

Interview

What a circus.

I was brought in, no less than 4 separate times. Meeting with all group organizational levels and recruiters. And each time I was there, each person talked about a different position.

One interviewer asked, “So what position are you here for?”

It was like Ground Hogs Day every time. A waste of time, each time.

Either the group wasn’t aligned on the search and/or they are woefully out of sorts My guess is both.

Eventually they passed on me. But that’s because

I had to call a few weeks later and find out for myself. I was told the decision was made a week
    prior to my call, just no one ever told me.

If the interview process was an indictment of how the group is managed then a land mine was side stepped.

Poor form Yale.

Ph D Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yale University (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a Skype interview from my future advisor. He asked me about my skills and research. He also asked about my interests on research and talked with me about the research I was going to do at Yale.

Interview Questions

• Describe in details on one of my research experiences.   1 Answer

Associate Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Yale University (New Haven, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview, it appeared to be going well during the description of responsibilities and expectations there were no real tell me about yourself questions, things changed when asked do I have any questions. The questions I asked were based on researching the position, however, 2 questions appeared to be unsatisfactorily answered. felt a mood change.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable would I be interacting with an affluent donor?   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yale University (New Haven, CT) in September 2014.

Interview

Simple meeting with the manager of the center and tour of the building followed by some questions in his office about my history, work experience, why I wanted the job

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yale University (New Haven, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

Yale uses Brass Ring for entering formal applications for staff jobs. The application is painstaking; none the information on an attached resume or other job site is automatically captured. In addition to the on-line application, networking is almost always necessary to get an interview. In IT, staff jobs are rapidly being replaced by contract workers. The interview process is very similar; count on many candidates and individual interviews with several stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• How to you manage conflict in day to day work situations?
      What awards have you won recently from another employer?
      Describe a situation where you had responsibility to make quick decisions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yale University (New Haven, CT) in July 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen, and then a in-person behavioral interviews with HR and the managers of the group hiring you. The managers asked me about my experience, and a few light technical questions, and that was pretty much it. Much to my surprise, there was no whiteboard coding, no problem solving, nothing.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with people?   1 Answer

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yale University (New Haven, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was culled from interview process the same day.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yale University (New Haven, CT) in May 2011.

Interview

how to calculate the sample size? how to handle the missing data? how to build regression models...

ARS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yale University (New Haven, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

the interview is dependent on the professor who wants to hire you. The human resource is not responsible for the recruiting and they just support you based on the university policy. They ask the questions like why you apply and what's your strength.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yale University.

Interview

The interview was via Skype video and was about 30 minutes long. They were very interested in getting to know me. They followed up after the interview about 2 weeks with an offer.