Cover image for Yale University

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Yale University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 197 of over 197 interviews

Campus Recruiting12%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Yale University

Application

I interviewed at Yale University

Interview

I participated in an initial phone interview and was told up front that the process may be drawn out. I didn't hear back for about a month, when I was contacted for a second-round interview, which would have involved doing a presentation for a search committee. I respectfully withdrew my application at that time for personal reasons. My overall impression of the hiring manager was that they would have been a good, fair boss.

Interview Questions
  • Why I was interested in the role, why specifically that department, and additional questions about my thoughts about their current communications strategy as well as what might be improved.
    Answer Question

Yale University

Application

I interviewed at Yale University

Interview

Friendly and easy-going, asked relevant questions. Wanted to know about my interests and how I would like to contribute to the team. Answered my questions thoughtfully. Overall good experience, would recommend!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,937

976 Comments

Teachers

199K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Yale University~3045
Join the conversation on

Yale University

Application

I interviewed at Yale University

Interview

Not as lengthy as one might expect at a large organization. A handful of interviews, verbal offer, offer letter, back-round check. Interviews can range in length depending on department. You work primarily with HR on salary and so on

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yale University

Application

I interviewed at Yale University

Interview

Applied for fellowship. Got it. Nothing more to it than that. Of course, had to have some relationship building with the lab I would join. No actual interview was conducted.

Yale University

Application

I interviewed at Yale University

Interview

I uploaded my resume first first applying to an online IT internship application. Then it was followed by a series of interviews to place me on a team that fit my interests and skills.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about the statistics projects I did.

Yale University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yale University

Interview

This was for a Museum role - had 1 Zoom interview with fairly straightforward questions, but they were not your standard behavioral questions. They wanted to know more about how you see your work than details of your experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yale University

Application

I interviewed at Yale University

Interview

It was a 30 mins interview. The interviewer was really good and supportive. I was given a task of what I should do and what I should expect from the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Yale University (New Haven, CT)

Interview

The posted position was cancelled without notice following the interview. At the time, I received no feedback on the interview, although more than two weeks had passed, nor any useful information from HR on next steps. I expected better.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Yale University

Application

I interviewed at Yale University

Interview

Two step interview process , one with the recruiter and once you pass that process you will be invited to for a second interview with the hiring team either in person.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yale University

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yale University

Interview

Was a very good interview. I liked it. People were nice. Respectful. I don't have any complaints about the interview at all at this time. I liked the facilities, too.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 197 Interviews

Yale University Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Yale University as 75.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.53 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Graduate Student and Director rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Postdoctoral Associate and Research Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Yale University takes an average of 34 days when considering 178 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Postdoctoral Fellow had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Graduate Student roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 57 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Yale University according to 178 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 25.94%