Yale University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Yale University

2.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 152 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Yale University (United States)

Interview

Reached out via email to the PI. Interview was a conversation with PI and tour of the lab. Talked through the project I would be doing. Did not ask for resume or anything of the sort.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about what previous research experience was and what I would be interested in.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yale University (United States)

Interview

get an email saying to set up a time for a short interview, and ask me some behavioral questions and some resume questions and explain the job duty ask me whether I have any other questions

Interview Questions
Yale University
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Yale University (United States)

Interview

I was asked why I am interested in the particular lab I applied to and what type of research I was most interested in. The interview was very straightforward abd took less than an hour.

Interview Questions
Yale University
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yale University (United States)

Interview

There were several rounds, the initial round was a phone screen by another recruiter, 2nd round was a face to face with the same recruiter, another recruiter from the team and their boss, then there were several other rounds with Leaders within HR and even an interview with a few of the Leaders you would support in recruiting for their teams. All in all the process took over a month and had at least 4-5 interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had a business stakeholder request something that was not realistic and how did you handle it?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Yale University (United States)

Interview

I was referred by a professor. I emailed the professor and made an appointment. I went to professor's office to talk about my research experience. In addition, I expressed my interests in applying data analysis in a research team.

Interview Questions
  • What data analysis tools do you want to use when doing research?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yale University (United States)

Interview

The interview came after I submitted my application online. It was in the form of a brief (15min) phone call. I got the sense that the interview was more of a formality. There were no difficult questions asked.

Interview Questions
Yale University
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Yale University (New Haven, CT) in Feb 2020

Interview

Comprehensive, with a focus on technical skills and cultural fit. Initial phone screen and then face to face/Video chat. Had difficulty in decision making as collaboration was slow and arduous

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the most complex or difficult information you had to analyze?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Yale University (United States)

Interview

fine, standard because they asked a lot of behavioral questions, which is quite normal in the interview process. i showed them some of my previous experiences and explained why it would be applicable to my work here.

Interview Questions
Yale University
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yale University (United States)

Interview

The process was very loose - I met with people and we chatted informally. Everyone was nice and it was low stress. Each manager is free to apply their own process for conducting interviews

Interview Questions
Yale University
Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yale University (New Haven, CT)

Interview

Quick and very direct. I only had to meet with one person and I received a call back 3 days later and I stared the job wth a month

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 152