Zagster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zagster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2018

2.3

Community Manager Interview

Interview

I went into the office for two interviews. It was all pretty standard. The second interview involved some writing exercises based on hypothetical situations. What was upsetting was that no one called or emailed to say, thanks for your time but we've decided to go with someone else. The fact that Zagster didn't do this speaks very poorly about the company's culture. I understand that I was not selected, but I was disappointed that no one had the courtesy to return my email or follow up with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you get people in a local community excited about a new bike share?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zagster (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

First step was an inbound call from a recruiter. Then I had a phone interview with the CEO, Tim. This was followed by in-office interview with 3 people (Time and 2 others), but I was not given the interviewer's titles or names beforehand, so I felt unprepared. I was only given about 20 minutes to talk to each person, and felt they all were asking me the same questions.

Interview Questions

• They want to know what specific technologies you've used for B2B lead gen, etc. Do your homework on technologies for IDing anonymous B2B web visitors before this interview.
      They want you to "prove" you "really want it" in your thank-you letters (I apparently did not).
      You don't have to ride a bike to work here, but they do seem to want to hire young people that want to work in a startup / don't mind working long hours.
      Overall, I thought they were a bit rude; the recruiter never even bothered to return my call asking for feedback after the interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zagster.

Interview

The entire process was unprofessional. The person setting up the phone interview was rude over email, was late to call during the phone interview time. On top of that, I followed up on the phone interview and was completely ignored. There is a way to let someone know they aren't the right fit for a company.

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zagster (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall, I quite enjoyed speaking with everyone at Zagster. Had two phone calls and an 5 hour in-person interview with multiple people. The in-person interviews were tedious but nothing i couldn't handle. There was a case study involved as well. I think the thing that got under my skin is that there was no response what so ever on if i did or did not get the position. I had followed up with an email thanking everyone who took the time to meet with me and still did not get a response.

Interview Questions

• They handed me a sheet with a project to implement within 30 minutes. It wasn't overly difficult but it was hard to expect what would go wrong when im not 100% familiar with the industry.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zagster (Cambridge, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

After being contacted about the position by a recruiter, I had a brief phone screen with the Head of Engineering, who just asked me about my current role and what I was looking for. They brought me in for an in-person interview, where I met with the Head of Engineering again, a group of developers, and then did a brief pair programming exercise. Very few technical questions were asked of me. Most of the questions were open-ended softballs. I felt like the interviews were a formality, where they had already decided that they either really liked me or did not, but my answers would not sway their decision. I found out from the recruiter that they did not want to hire me, and they did not provide any feedback to the recruiter on why. I am annoyed because I feel like they could have arrived at this decision before they wasted my time by bringing me in for interviews. At the very least I expect some feedback on why they rejected me.

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zagster (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Misleading and not objective hiring process. If you aren't from a SaaS or rental car background, don't bother applying. I was told by internal recruiter that I was the top finalist. Did not get offer despite significant b2b, community engagement, and bike industry experience. After a few phone interviews and an afternoon of individual and panel interviewing, it was expressed to me how impressed everyone was. I felt I presented well, shared relevant examples, and demonstrated solid knowledge about servicing product-market fit, the company and industry.

The ceo was away--the vp of sales interviewed me in his place. Once he returned from his trip, he weighed in on the hiring, and possibly because of his software background (as most leaders there have), chose a software-experienced candidate to fill the role over me. I was insulted and confused about the culture after I was told I didn't get the job.

I invite leadership to consider transferrable industries, models, and experiences. Open up to non-SaaS candidates to manage parts of your company--especially those who have created broad intiatives to engage end-consumers, sponsors, and local organizations through cylcing as I have. NGOs, clubs, retailers and community leaders seem to go untapped that can help advocate for Zagster. Who there has that experience? SaaS / car rental experience is not a silver bullet and passion and empathy seem largely unimportant at Zagster. Please share specific feedback next time and encourage leaders to write back to thoughtful thank you emails when someone is a/the top finalist.

Bicycle Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zagster in August 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews with different people several days apart. Both went well and towards the end of the second one the interviewer told me HR would sent me some paperwork. This surprised me as he had not offered me the job nor had I accepted it, so I asked if this meant that I had the job and was told that I did. I thanked the interviewer and told him I was looking forward to starting work the following month. A month later the paperwork still has not arrived and I have had no other contact from Zagster via email or phone. Between the negative interview reviews here and my own perception of their lack of professionalism from my interview I opted not to pursue employment with them any further and can only assume they decided to hire someone else after telling me I had the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in cycling and the sharing economy.   Answer Question

Director, Rider Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zagster (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of phone interviews, 2 rounds of in person. After multiple rounds of phone and in person interviews. I was told all the feedback was positive however they were going in a different direction with the role. I did enjoy speaking with the team and was excited about the culture and company however, I expected better planning and org management from Zagster. I would still consider them in the future, however I was disappointed in how they handled this particular req and would've appreciated more feedback given the amount of time I invested in interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Case study, behavioral and standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Product Interview

Interview

I was blown off by the recruiter, not once, but twice with email warning, nothing. I am busy, I have a life, and had to rearrange two different times to fit in these calls, that I was just ghosted on.

This should be a warning for how this employee potentially treats its employees.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zagster.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward, mostly about background and previous experience with some hypothetical situation questions. I had interviews with 3 different people and they were all courteous and friendly. It seemed more like a conversation than an interview. I was told that they were gonna get back to me on whether I would make it to the next step. However as stated by another reviewer, no one had the decency to call or email me saying I didn't get the job. Despite repeatedly and politely asking for an update I was blatantly ignored. That speaks volumes of how poor and rude their company culture is, to not have the minimum decency to send a "Thanks for your interest but we've gone in another direction" message. Left such a bitter aftertaste.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about implementing a bike sharing system?   Answer Question