eMoney Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 59 of over 59 interviews

Recruiter10%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

eMoney Advisor

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at eMoney Advisor in Oct 2021

Interview

Took about a month overall. Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager then a video interview with the team. Took about two weeks to hear back after original application.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with stock options? Do you have experience with tax forms? What are your five year goals?
    Answer Question

eMoney Advisor

Application

I interviewed at eMoney Advisor

Interview

Talent strategy manager arranged 2:1 interview with supervising managers on Zoom, followed up by correspondence with talent acquisition manager. Only one "interview" conducted. Correspondence was primarily email, with the occasional phone call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

eMoney Advisor

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at eMoney Advisor

Interview

I saw the high negative experience rate on this site, but tried going in with an open mind. But everything people wrote about previously, I also noticed. The strong interest, then ghosting. The poor communication. The weak interviewing skills and sudden weird turns mid-interview. I gave the benefit of the doubt. But it was a disappointing experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eMoney Advisor (Denver, CO) in May 2021

Interview

Recruiter phone screen 5/25 : 30m-1 hr Hiring Director 5/26 : 1 hr Panel Interview 1 5/27: 1 hr Panel Interview 2 5/27 : 1 hr Panel Interview 3 6/4 : 1 hr 30 minutes Panel Interview 4 6/4 : 45 minutes Panel interview 1 & 2 consisted of normal questions but a presentation on Scrum. This was quite simple. Panel 3 was a mock retrospective to show facilitation skills. I was asked to pick any format from an online tool so I chose the custom one. When I loaded it up one of those interviewing me was uncomfortable with the format because she didn't know the band Queen. There is nothing real about a mock retrospective. True agilists will be really uncomfortable at this stage. No context was given about the cycle we were retrospecting. I knew nothing about the team I was running this with. So no social relationship and no context make for a very poor retrospective even in real life let alone pretend. Each panel had prework, I spent about 4 hours preparing for the interviews because I take things seriously and try to make them life like not mock crap. HR uses the jobvite system which they kept apologizing for when it came to booking zoom meetings but that wasn't a problem for me as an applicant. Maybe quirky but nothing to apologize for. The problems started the day after Panel #4. I emailed asking for an update on 6/9. My email was completely ignored. I know there was a problem at this stage. 5 Days had passed and crickets, not even a thank you for spending all this time with us. I had told them in the email I was turning down job offers which was true. I had to email them again on 6/16 asking for an update. I got the thanks but no thanks phone call on 6/17. It took about 6 hours of interviews, 4 hours of prework and 13 days of ghosted time for them to say I was perfect for the job but they went with someone else. No reason, no negative feedback, just a feeling of you were used as the "what if" candidate and when you weren't needed as a backup you were tossed. The interviews were fine but post-panel 4 was highly unprofessional. Beware if you are interviewing for any role in the agile transformation area if this is indeed how they treat applicants. Recommendation: Keep the interview on your terms. Give them dates to respond or you walk. They clearly will suck up your time in their lengthy process then they ghost you which is the worst thing any recruiter can do.

Interview Questions
  • They asked you to do a mock Retrospective activity and a Scrum presentation. In short, what does Scrum mean to you?
2 people found this interview helpful

eMoney Advisor

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eMoney Advisor in May 2021

Interview

Interviewer followed up proposing my background also matched other senior architect positions. I replied back with interest, got a reply saying he was on vacation. Tried to follow up multiple times and no response ever since, has been over one month.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

eMoney Advisor

Application

I interviewed at eMoney Advisor

Interview

The first interview was a phone conversational interview with the Manager. After that, they scheduled a virtual - in - person interview with three or four of the team members. This was done in a virtual conference room where the other team members rotated in and out for their timeslot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

eMoney Advisor

Application

I interviewed at eMoney Advisor

Interview

Overall, the process was pleasant but nothing special to note. I was first interviewed in a one-on-one that gauged how much I understand about the field. Then I was interviewed with two technical questions. Finally, I met with the team to see if I would be a good fit. It seemed like they were new at interviewing because it did not flow smoothly. Nothing really special to note

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royersford, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eMoney Advisor (Royersford, PA) in Nov 2020

Interview

They’re great on follow up. I had a total of three interviews, and within minutes of the first and second interviews they sent emails with details for the next step. That was impressive. First interview was fairly basic screening stuff, next was 30 minutes with the hiring manager. Following that was a 2.5 hour session where you interviewed with five separate people (or groups of people) for 30 minutes each. Again, they followed up the very next day about that final interview and told me they’d likely make a decision by week’s end. In the end, I didn’t get an offer, which was somewhat surprising because they’d been so thorough the entire time. One issue — got an email around 4pm one day saying they wanted to “reconnect” the following day... the reconnection was simply telling me no. Definitely threw me a curveball with that one; seems that could’ve been a 90-second phone call that afternoon rather than waiting until the next day and allowing me to get my hopes up. What can you do? Still better than the places you hear about that never respond to you at all.

Interview Questions
  • Describe some ideas you’ve had for new content approaches?
  • What appeals to you about this company?
  • Pretty standard questions, most of the interviews were conversations about previous experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eMoney Advisor (Philadelphia, PA) in Jun 2020

Interview

The interview process was great. Rather than give me esoteric questions or another code test like everyone else, the team asked me about my work style, the real world problems I had solved, and got to the core of what I was looking for in a role. I also got to learn more about the team and how the business was structured in the reviews which was very useful to me as a perspective employee.

Interview Questions
  • The team asked me how I leveraged AWS Lambda to improve security tooling.
  • The team asked me about recent projects related to DevSecOps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eMoney Advisor (Radnor, PA) in Jan 2020

Interview

Applied online and had a recruiter reach out to me in a few days. I had an initial 30min phone screening and within an hour they invited me to the next step. That was a technical interview where things got really strange. They requested 2-3 hours for a technical interview where you have to bring your own code for anything (red flag!). They are either inexperienced or just plain lazy. I received a 2hr invite for a technical interview. The technical interview was really easy (since it was basically a show and tell of my own code). They didn't ask difficult questions, but didn't seem interested either. An hour into the interview, they just suddenly ended it with an excuse. I had to ask the recruiter for updates after a few days and got the standard "we are going with stronger candidates" response a week later. I can conclude that they are just plain lazy and inexperienced; well news flash...an interview is a TWO way process. I am also assessing if the company is a good place. They want to put zero effort into finding the right candidate or convince you that this is a great place to work. I can only imagine how bad their code is, so why would I ever use their products now?? The cat is outta the bag, you didn't just lose a good, hard working candidate, you have lost a customer as well! It is 100% their loss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The way I see it, you should only apply if you like lazy and unorganized teams/management. Apply at your own risk.

Interview Questions
  • Bring your own side project/code.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Interviews