zeel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Sort:

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at zeel (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was incredibly easy. They asked me to complete test project.

I was asked to download the app and make a list of my experience and ways app can be improved. They gave me several days to complete it. I completed the project by creating a deck that was up to corporate standards of larger financial institutions. The app is beautiful, but the user experience leaves a lot to be desired, which I outlined in my deck. Additionally, I completed a significant amount of research on the best neighborhoods to target based on their service. The person I was in touch with was very enthusiastic about the deck, and said he'd be back in touch soon. Then, radio silence. I circled back and he said he would be in touch within a week. After that, he ghosted me. It's pretty unprofessional to not even ding someone after they've done 4 hours worth of work on a test project.

Interview Questions

• What concerns would you have as a community manager?   2 Answers

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at zeel (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online then received a follow-up to respond to mock business partner and customer questions online. About a month later, I received an email requesting a preliminary phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work evening hours Thursday through Monday?   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at zeel (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview where we went over the position, then did a writing test. After that, I was asked to come in to meet with some of the staff. One by one, about 5 or 6 people came in the room and asked me the same questions over and over. It was repetitive and weird. I left feeling pretty good and was told FOR SURE that I would hear either way, but I was ghosted and heard nothing from them since. This was over a month ago. Very unprofessional.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at zeel (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

I don’t normally write reviews but my experience at Zeel has been one of the worst interview processes I’ve ever done. I applied to Zeel and immediately had my phone conversation which went really well. Right away they wanted me to come in and meet with three people- that went well as well. I spoke to a woman on the phone and then took a writing test. All great. Just as a note, they rushed all this within one week to make it seem immediate. I don't hear back until about two months where I was asked to meet with three new members of the team. These members did not even know i already went through several rounds of interviews. My first instinct was this company is extremely disorganized and they do not communicate with each other. One of the new members asked me how much travel will i be willing to do. I suggested 25% - because that was stated on the description and asked if this had changed. He shrugged and started scribbling on his notepad. He also told me I would be working with accounts in Boston, which is not what I was told originally. Then the final straw happened. A GIRL who is in the current position that I was applying for (I wasn’t replacing her) came in and said she has the job I want. She then pointed out an error on my resume, very rudely. It’s interesting that I’ve met with several people higher then her did not seem to care or notice my error but she made a point in front of another gentleman of this. I was then thrown off. She continued to ask me questions and when I answered had rude smirks and oks. I asked her what is the day to day of an account manager. She said she puts out fires. No mention of goals, no mention of anything specific. Just that she puts out fires. I was interested from her perspective of the position but that is what she told me. She then asked why I wanted to work for Zeel. I expressed working for a technology company is something I was interested in because my current company lacks that and that’s essential for growth. she responds- so you want to work for us because its an app as if thats stupid. The position I am applying for deals with client and I would think an AM should be personable, which she was not at all. Also one of the questions in the writing test was how to deal with therapists when they dress inappropriately to training. This woman had colored hair! It was blue or purple. How can you tell your therapists to be professional when your employees are not. I think they have a great concept but I do not like the culture. Beware of a lengthy process

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      How do you deal with difficult clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at zeel (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Submit application, then schedule a time to meet with a Zeel representative in your area who comes to meet you at a convenient location (like a Startbucks near your home), and interview you there with a Zeel company 101 and experience working with them. If this goes well, you are then asked to give your representative a demo of your work at your home

Interview Questions

• They are looking for clean cut therapists who can look and act professional without a boss following you around to work jobs. Think boutique quality experience, in a persons home.   Answer Question

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at zeel in February 2018.

Interview

Just text and emails... totally opposite for a business in the high-touch industry ...
    Glad I read Glassdoor before applying.
    They don’t know how to recruit and manage independent contractors. Poor customer service from top to bottom on the recruiting line. Go with Soothe. Soothe is therapist-centric makes up for the pay difference. And what does ZEEL have to do with massage? Even customers told me to go to Soothe over ZEEL simply because of the ZEEL name.

Massage Therapist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at zeel in January 2016.

Interview

In person meeting with the young recruiter not a massage therapist. Filling the paper work and signing agreements. Basic conversation about the company and how it works. Inexperience of the recruiter gave me an idea that the company is in their testing water stages.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at zeel.

Interview

Took several weeks. There was a written portion and I met with like 8 ppl all at once. It felt really aggressive to meet with so many ppl. Most asked the same questions over and over again.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if Grace had her back clawed during her massage because her therapists nails were too long?   1 Answer

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at zeel.

Interview

It took 2 week and everything happened through the on line app. I uploaded my Resume in a pdf format and they weren't able to read the format ( who can't open a pdf format today?!) so I uploaded a word format as requested and again they were not able to read it... seriously? Please don't waist my time.

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at zeel.

Interview

Easy process, upload of license, Insurance, i.d. pertaining to position. Started online, 1 online meeting with district manager via facetime sort of app.asked about qualifications and skills. Finished onboarding process via app. Fairly easy and consitent with a gig app.
    Lots of online training. Questions after training.