2CV Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
2CV CEO Doug Edmonds
Doug Edmonds

1. "Lots of talented people, flexible schedule, cool clients"

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Market Research Analyst

I have been working at 2CV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are great and love what they do. They're smart, interesting and make for an enjoyable office culture. Work life balance here is good, in that flexible schedules are supported - focus is on getting your work done and doing it well, not on whether you're at your desk from 9-5. Like another reviewer said, however,it is a work hard/play hard environment and weekends and evening work is common. Leadership is strong and management are well attuned with with employees and what is going on day-to-day.

Cons

While mentorship is strong, structured training and process management could be better developed.

"San Francisco office very different from others"

Former Contractor - Quality Controller in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Quality Controller in San Francisco, CA

I worked at 2CV as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Free candy
    Free soda
    Can call in sick whenever
    Next to restaurants
    Free alcohol sometimes

Cons

I hear the NY, LA, and London offices are cool. SF is another story.

Cutting to the chase: they lie about your career opportunities. They'll tell you that after 8 months or so, you will be evaluated for a full time position. That is a lie. They only hire people full time after 2 years, or when they're desperate and trying to keep you. Otherwise they keep you on a contract. They also say they'll hire you as a Quality Assurance specialist but after you agree to the job, they'll call you an intern.

The team of interns is cool and friendly enough, but you're pretty much going to be ignored by upper management. You'll hear about people in the other offices being promoted 6-8 months after being hired (like they say you would be), but don't let that make you hopeful. The SF office doesn't care. There is no room for career growth. There's a reason there's such a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Don't lie about the length of the contract. Pay attention to the hard workers.

3. "High quality work - friendly people"

Pros

2CV is a company that makes you want to get up in the morning. People are very friendly and supportive. The quality of work is high and it's fun to deliver good work. Times can be very busy. But it adds to the overall atmosphere!

Cons

Work culture is lacking. People are friendly, but there are no activities outside work (or even within work, e.g. lunch, after work beer, etc.)

Advice to Management

Work culture could be improved. People don't do lunch together and don't hang out after work.

"Their idea of "professional" clashed with my own... but it was good while it lasted?"

Current Employee - Quality Controller in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Controller in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 2CV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free candy and soda at work, pretty much all the time.
    -Easy access to many restaurants within walking distance during lunch.
    -Happy hours every couple of weeks
    -Qual and quant teams (upstairs) work well together to produce PowerPoint slides
    -Good communication within the team when it comes to proofreading/populating
    -Getting to be trusted to develop answer keys/indexes due to my excellent eye for detail
    -Great mentors that are approachable and not arrogant
    -They are understanding about taking sick days
    -Fun events outside of work sometimes
    -Occasional opportunities for overtime which are paid at 2x/hourly wage, rather than the more typical 1.5x.

Cons

-Their concept of what is "professional" is incorrect, IMO. While I was chided like a 5-year old boy for "coughing too loudly", other members of the team constantly make inappropriate jokes about casual sex and cocaine usage without anyone batting an eye.

-They play favorites. Some employees (particularly the one who made those sort of jokes) can show up late or work from home if they are sick... the rest of us don't get that benefit. Other employees also spent a lot of time surfing the web and got away with it.

-The management doesn't really communicate that well when it comes to opportunities. I pretty much knew I wasn't important to them when someone who had left the company's tasks were given to someone else without me getting any chance at it.

-The pay is pretty low considering the kind of work you'll be doing. It's $12 an hour, no benefits, but the work we do and the education they require for their employees would suggest pay more around $15-$20 an hour ($30-$40k) a year.

Advice to Management

Stop talking about being "professional". I guess to you guys, coughing is the worst thing you can do, but making jokes about drugs is totally okay.

Also, give everyone a chance to do more of the tasks. Don't get us all stuck on the same job.

6. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 2CV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of autonomy and opportunity, great work culture. Management is very understanding and appreciative of work/life balance, regardless of whether an employee is balancing school, family, fitness, etc. I appreciate the flexibility there. Great PTO policy, nice office/facility. And everyone is very nice!

Cons

Autonomy/responsibility = work. Definitely a work hard play hard place to work, but 2CV has done it right thus far in my experience.

Advice to Management

Could use a bit more structure in some processes, and now is the time to do it :)

7. "great people, cool clients. Has always given me back what i've put in"

I have been working at 2CV full-time

Pros

great bunch of people who are smart and take responsibility for themselves and their work; great staff and client retention, so get to spend time building and doing things better, not filling holes/ re-teaching stuff; cool offices in great locations; people first attitude - focus on making sure people are doing things that interest them, rather than making a machine; interesting sectors of work; flat, informal structure means everyone can learn quickly from each other; people i know who've worked very hard have always been recognized and rewarded quickly and well; qual, quant and global offices work well together;

Cons

flat structure can mean some gaps in responsibilities/ wrong people on tasks sometimes; individual/ entrepreneurial attitude can mean different bits of the company moving in different directions without linking up as well as they could

Advice to Management

not reinventing the wheel every time; remembering not everyone has the same level of experience/ strengths and not throwing people in at the deep end every time

8. "Great fit for motivated professionals."

Current Employee - Research Manager
    Current Employee - Research Manager

I have been working at 2CV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It’s a work hard play hard kind of company.

Fun, smart and creative people to work with keeps things fresh and interesting.

Regardless of the distance/office location or hierarchy, most employees are excited about what they are doing, willing to lend a hand and share their experiences readily.

There is a good level of autonomy allowed to explore areas of interest and opportunities that can have a real impact your (daily) work when all deadlines are met allowing you to drive your own development and career path.

Management is friendly, professional and fair.

Incentives based on performance motivates you to do your best day in and out.

Provides for a good work/life balance.

Cons

If you're not a self motivated person, better to look for a job in a big corporate environment where you can slide by and go unnoticed. Smaller offices are not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

9. "Great place in need of better strategy"

Former Employee - Quantitative Research Director
    Former Employee - Quantitative Research Director

Pros

Great people, great office, great clients

Cons

While having overall modern approach to technology and research methods, 2cv sometimes lacks clear vision and strategy, especially when it comes to capitalising on existing data

10. "Great company with amazing people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at 2CV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people to work with across all teams
    Very modern and new office in a very convenience central location (Soho/Covent Garden)

Cons

The only reason I have left 2CV was wages as I have been offered a raise in other research company.

11. "Great"

Pros

Lovely teams, great accounts, lots of clever researchers giving clients strategic insights. Good mix of clients and chance to develop as an individual.

Cons

Cons are harder to specify; some long hours, but not as bad as many other places I've worked or heard about from friends.