2evolve Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I found the team leaders - Rebecca & Anthony in particular, to be really supportive and helpful (in 8 reviews)

• 2evolve have opened up so many opportunities in my future and have left many fond memories in my past (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • At the daily team meetings your team leader sets a higher target (in 9 reviews)

• It can be stressful for some people and it doesnt suit everyone, high turnover because of this (in 6 reviews)

1. "THE BEST OF THE BEST"

Current Employee - Telefundraiser in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at 2evolve part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at 2evolve now for over a month and am absolutely loving it. I started here with no telefundraising experience and some nerves but the coaching (from Josh, Jazz and Johnny) has been phenomenal and so incredibly supportive. To know that you are not only coming to work everyday to a fun, vibrant environment but you’re also raising much needed support for charities truely makes 2evolve the best place to work at.
    I couldn’t love it more!

Cons

For me, there honestly is none.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing guys, the training is amazing.

"A lovely place to work, great atmosphere and energy."

Current Employee - Fundraiser in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at 2evolve part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has an excellent vibe through ugh the the workplace, it is so much better than what I would have expected from a call centre. Successes are celebrated throughout each day, with incentives and rewards given weekly and monthly too. Everyone is friendly and chatty, new people are always made to feel welcome and help is always on hand. Training is practical and informative, set out in a way to keep you developing while you orientate yourself around a new computer system and through calls too.
    The team leaders and shift leaders are lovely, supportive and very informative about targets, expectations and how to deal with unexpected situations. I feel valued working here and know that I am working for a good cause which ever charity I may be calling for.

Cons

Sometimes there can be pressure to perform when targets aren't met, not everyone responds well to this. This is Always discussed though and support and coaching is available to aid improvement where necessary.

Advice to Management

Additional training on computers after first few days, may be neeed for those who aren't as computer literate. Sometimes you are expected to know a little too much a little too soon. Only noting this from observation and it's a minor thing.

3. "Constant challenges and room for professional growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at 2evolve full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team of people that become more than just colleagues, they become friends. Have met so many amazing people who have become an important part of my life. It is a fast paced office and there are always new things to learn and master, the management team have nurtured my skills from data entry into higher positions. I've had the opportunity to work with both of the company owners on numerous occasions and feel like an important part of the team. No matter how busy they are, they always make time to help you learn. Working here, I have learnt skills that will set me up for life.

Cons

Some time the days can be long but I understand that is something that comes with the job. A few more early finishes here and there would be great!!

Advice to Management

Ignore the unhelpful negative reviews on here. There may be a few that you can take some constructive advice from but keep up the good work that you're doing for the world.

Mar 18, 2018 – Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share about your career at 2evolve and the opportunities you have had to grow and develop. We are passionate about work/life balance though and need to help staff not... More

4. "I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!"

Current Employee - Telefundraiser in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at 2evolve (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at 2evolve now for 8 weeks and it is honestly the most amazing place. The staff support is phenomenal, the atmosphere is electric and my colleagues are incredible. For me, I came to 2evolve with no call centre experience, but with amazing coaching I am having the time of my life raising money for charity!!! What is better than that?

Cons

There are none for me.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing .

Mar 18, 2018 – Business Partner

So glad you are enjoying your role and the team here. We believe that we can teach anyone who has the passion to be a great fundraiser. Some of our best fundraisers had no previous experience... More

5. "Not great"

I worked at 2evolve full-time

Pros

Paid at casual minimum wage which is a reasonable rate.

If you manage to survive a certain number of months there are cash incentives.

Employees driven by sales will thrive. It can just be a challenge to overcome getting pushy with people who say they can’t afford to help.

Cons

Most callers work full time but still on a casual contract so no sick leave, annual leave etc. Okay if you turn up 100% of the time but rough if you get sick. Also means you can be let go with only an hours notice as stated in the NSW Retail Awards 2010 Act, which can make job security a challenge.

Lots of pressure on fundraisers to bring in a lot of money.

Office culture while fun, means it can be hard to focus on work and boundaries can get blurred easily. I had to ask some of the guys there to stop hitting on me, uncomfortable as they were my supervisors and I did respect them.

Because there’s been scams in fundraising companies in the past, customers are more cautious which means you have to push pretty hard to get them to open their wallets.

Was sad to leave because I had made friends, but by the time I left all my friends had anyway due to the challenging work standards.

Advice to Management

Some good causes, I honestly don’t know how it can be changed, especially with the high turnover and not getting enough time with employees to change it. It was a good two weeks but I lost a lot of sleep after begging a pensioner to give more money and making her cry.

"The Inner Circle"

Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at 2evolve full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to sleep in, avoid peak hour, and play games twice a day.

Cons

You are paid by the minute not the hour. Them and us culture management perceive them selves as the pinnacle of excellence and integrity, and they truly believe it for which they are not.

Advice to Management

Perception is not reality, integrity incorporates honesty, review toxic culture and practices.

Apr 8, 2018 – Business Partner

Thanks for the feedback though not sure why you perceive management as not honest? More information of any issues would have been helpful.
    As in all call centres, your hours are calculated by... More

"All KPI's - Massive turnover"

Former Employee - Manager in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Manager in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at 2evolve full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good money on offer if you're epic at sales.

Cons

All numbers focused. Poor training.

Advice to Management

GIve more of a chance to new people.

Mar 15, 2018 – Business Partner

Not sure how long ago you worked here but we have a structured 8 week training program for all new staff that is industry leading. The support and coaching provided to new fundraisers is second to... More

8. "Telefundraiser position"

Current Employee - Fundraiser
    Current Employee - Fundraiser

I have been working at 2evolve full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Realistic targets, fantastic support and training, continued coaching within the role to develop to other positions, many opportunities for progression, fun incentives, friendly, approachable and understanding staff

Cons

The role allows you to move across different charities, some people feel comfortable doing this but others don't like change so it depends on the individual

Advice to Management

More fun incentives

Mar 8, 2018 – Business Partner

We appreciate your feedback and will take your advice onboard.

"Don’t believe the positive reviews. All lies"

I worked at 2evolve full-time

Pros

None. Run as fast as you can.

Cons

Run as fast as you can away from this organisation unless you want to experience how it feels like working for Saddam Hussinn.

Advice to Management

Ummmm May God show you the way

Mar 18, 2018 – Business Partner

Sorry but anonymous name calling and insults are not a review.

"Speed Dating"

Pros

There is a kitchen so you can make a cup of tea... And if you love having men hit on you relentlessly then you’ll have the time of your life...

And if you want to say you got a job after one interview then I guess this works. I mean all 15 people in your group interview will get offered the job. And you’ll be told that “this never happens” employing such a big group at once. It does. And maybe 1 of those people will make it to the following week.

Cons

Kudos to any person who can survive longer than a week in what can only be described as The Hunger Games; Telemarketing.

Cold calling in itself is not a hard thing to do. But imagine a table of people listening for you to slip up so they can send you to the metaphorical gallows. Better have a nest egg of savings to fall back on because this job is not for the faint hearted.

Enjoy long evenings of calling people at dinner time and encouraging recently widowed pensioners to give up “a cup of coffee a week” for dying children in Africa.

Enjoy the perks of multiple men turning up at your desk to make comments about your body, ask inappropriate questions about your love life and watch you walking to the train station at night.

Enjoy being pulled out of the office to have a chat with your team leader because you didn’t get that 13 year old on the phone to hand over his dads credit card details.

Turn up to work wondering where your friends have gone because no one has heard from them since yesterday they told a potential giver that they would call back at a more convenient time.

Enjoy your hours of work being changed on you with as little as an hours notice and being called in on the weekend because your team didn’t hit it’s target for poor people to exploit.

Enjoy manipulating people on benefits to give up some more money because there are people who are worse off than them.

Charity work can be rewarding, but this is definitely not.

Advice to Management

Remember the charities you’re representing. They’re doing awesome work and these calls aren’t reflecting that. Your employees are forcing people to pay out of fear for their jobs, not out of passion for a cause. And maybe give your male employees a gym membership so they can get it out of their system before work. No woman should feel like the only reason her job still exists is because the men think they have a chance.

One more thing; for some people, a cup of coffee is the only thing they have this week. Manipulation is not okay.

Mar 8, 2018 – Business Partner

We really appreciate honest and constructive feedback but there is a lot of incorrect information in this review so I think it is unlikely that you are a current employee of the company. Firstly we... More