Abbott Label Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

3.4
John Abbott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good company. Family atmosphere"

Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at Abbott Label full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company and great people- family atmosphere. Annual baseball game and big Christmas dinner with door prizes plus free turkeys for everyone at thanksgiving. Owner has an open door policy and will always listen to employees. Opportunities for advancement- promotes from within. Generous bonus and nice 401 k program with matching. Lots of long term employees who have been with Abbott family for many years

Cons

No company is perfect and Abbott is no exception but the positives outweigh the negatives. I would recommend Abbott Label

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and customers .

2. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Abbott Label full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really love working for this company the people are very supportive and nice

Cons

I have no cons for this employer its really a Great employer

Advice to Management

My advice to management is for management to listen to the worker and there current team members

3. "Wonderful Place!!"

Current Employee - Front Desk/Receptionist in Doraville, GA
    Current Employee - Front Desk/Receptionist in Doraville, GA

I have been working at Abbott Label full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The plant is filled with wonderful co workers and it is a friendly environment. Everyone is treated equally and positive feedback is always given when needed. Plant manager Stormer is one of the nicest people I have worked for and he is constantly looking for ways to help improve the quality of work. I have become friends with people that work in completely different plants that I have never even met and they have all been so welcoming and willing to help in any way. I have absolutely loved every second of working here.

Cons

I have to cross train tracks to get there from my house.

Advice to Management

This is such a wonderful company. I don't know anything that can be done better.

4. "HORRIBLE"

Former Employee - Front Desk/Receptionist in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Front Desk/Receptionist in Norcross, GA

I worked at Abbott Label full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ummm......close to home and small office

Cons

They treat educated people like crap. It is so disorganized and a very petty work environment. I was made to feel less than able when making copies? Who needs a Master's to do that?
    The plant manager is nice but needs to get a better grip on their employees and how they train new hires.

Advice to Management

DO NOT HIRE SOMEONE and make half train them, scold them, make them work overtime and then degrade them!!! CLEAN HOUSE

5. "Awful place"

Former Employee - Pressman/Prepress in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Pressman/Prepress in Dallas, TX

Pros

Was close to home. Some decent people there. Many people with good ideas and energy.

Cons

Very low morale, plant manager stormer is clueless on daily operations. Promotions and raises work on the buddy system. Management is poor. Equipment is very old and outdated. For quality wprk look else where! Management will have u cut corners rather than do a job right.

Advice to Management

Time for house cleaning. Need plant manager who knows the industry and is not the owners buddy!

6. "Good luck."

Former Employee - Gone in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Gone in Dallas, TX

Pros

The principal owner is a good guy, preaches family values, easy to talk to.
    Alot of good people work at the company, some have been there too long and take great delight in saying how helpful they will be and then go behind your back and make life difficult.

Cons

Pay is not up to industry standards.
    Health insurance is grossly expensive, they try to hire single employees as no one can afford family coverage.
    Forget to write a fraction as a decimal, expect at least one phone call and a new procedure in place by the next day.
    Oh, and the family values thing, depends on if your name is Abbott I quess.

Advice to Management

Lead with one voice.